Uber eats running me nuts and no help form then either so rubbish

Posted 29th Jun 2020
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
maccy1i29/06/2020 20:16

It's the hukker way

Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber Eats to sort it. They refused to offer me a refund for the wrong item, as they'd already refunded me twice before when their vouchers hadn't applied correctly (one of them just an hour before - the 50% off code for this order hadn't worked). Suggested as it was my third refund request it was flagged up as suspicious... despite me having ALL the proof of every single instance, and photos of the wrong item.

I wasn't having that - gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25
23 Comments
Drink water. Just water - and plenty of it.

41246848-pzwOd.jpg
What
I sued Uber Eats for £2.35 cos they refused my legitimate request for a refund...
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:11

I sued Uber Eats for £2.35 cos they refused my legitimate request for a …I sued Uber Eats for £2.35 cos they refused my legitimate request for a refund...

It's the hukker way
maccy1i29/06/2020 20:16

It's the hukker way

Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber Eats to sort it. They refused to offer me a refund for the wrong item, as they'd already refunded me twice before when their vouchers hadn't applied correctly (one of them just an hour before - the 50% off code for this order hadn't worked). Suggested as it was my third refund request it was flagged up as suspicious... despite me having ALL the proof of every single instance, and photos of the wrong item.

I wasn't having that - gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25
41246989-XapFQ.jpg41246989-mOx05.jpg
me

41246989-NlSCs.jpg
No help
41246989-0A0NM.jpg
them either, so
41246989-UOAPm.jpg
As they say: "A picture is worth a thousand words." Hopefully that makes the whole thing much clearer for everyone.
Strange stories bro
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:21

...gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. …...gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25

Result. What address did you use to serve the court docs on UE? Thanks.
Maybe they couldn’t understand you
AndyRoyd29/06/2020 20:31

Result. What address did you use to serve the court docs on UE? Thanks.

The address listed on Companies House:

First Floor, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 8FA

Uber Eats support suggested I send it I to Amsterdam (I think, could have been somewhere else), but I didn't bother with that!
I wasn't bothered by the £2.35, more the principle of them suggesting I was trying to scam them!

Took a couple of months start to finish - but felt good to get them to back down!
41247142-4yKYU.jpg
Although OP it could do with more dragons.
Edited by: "richp" 29th Jun
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:33

The address listed on Companies House:First Floor, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman …The address listed on Companies House:First Floor, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 8FAUber Eats support suggested I send it I to Amsterdam (I think, could have been somewhere else), but I didn't bother with that!I wasn't bothered by the £2.35, more the principle of them suggesting I was trying to scam them!Took a couple of months start to finish - but felt good to get them to back down!

Thanks. There's at least three Uber-related companies using that address but good to see that issuing against the address can return a result.
AndyRoyd29/06/2020 20:38

Thanks. There's at least three Uber-related companies using that address …Thanks. There's at least three Uber-related companies using that address but good to see that issuing against the address can return a result.

Their solicitor said it should have been issued against Uber B.V. , but they represent them too so it wasn't an issue.

Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber …Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber Eats to sort it. They refused to offer me a refund for the wrong item, as they'd already refunded me twice before when their vouchers hadn't applied correctly (one of them just an hour before - the 50% off code for this order hadn't worked). Suggested as it was my third refund request it was flagged up as suspicious... despite me having ALL the proof of every single instance, and photos of the wrong item.I wasn't having that - gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25

haha, I can't believe you went to small claims...well, I can really, because if something really riled me...I'd be there too brilliant story
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:11

I sued Uber Eats for £2.35 cos they refused my legitimate request for a …I sued Uber Eats for £2.35 cos they refused my legitimate request for a refund...

Did you win
sdylan29/06/2020 20:42

Did you win

Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25
maccy1i29/06/2020 20:41

haha, I can't believe you went to small claims...well, I can really, …haha, I can't believe you went to small claims...well, I can really, because if something really riled me...I'd be there too brilliant story

Nobody calls me a fraud and gets away with it... or at least... not when I'm actually being honest
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:44

Nobody calls me a fraud and gets away with it... or at least... not when …Nobody calls me a fraud and gets away with it... or at least... not when I'm actually being honest

...or even if you're not
maccy1i29/06/2020 20:44

...or even if you're not

Nah, if there's a chance I might have been rumbled, I'll back down!
miikeyblue29/06/2020 20:46

Nah, if there's a chance I might have been rumbled, I'll back down!

...now you see, that's where we differ

Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber …Haha, maybe... My order was wrong - the restaurant told me to contact Uber Eats to sort it. They refused to offer me a refund for the wrong item, as they'd already refunded me twice before when their vouchers hadn't applied correctly (one of them just an hour before - the 50% off code for this order hadn't worked). Suggested as it was my third refund request it was flagged up as suspicious... despite me having ALL the proof of every single instance, and photos of the wrong item.I wasn't having that - gave them a few chances to put it right, then took it to small claims. Got my £2.35 (item was £4.70 but I already had 50% off) back in the end, along with the claim fee of £25

Didn't realise claims fee is returned, worth it as a matter of principle. Uber Eats support is dreadful.
Edited by: "jamie15" 29th Jun
jamie1529/06/2020 21:44

Didn't realise claims fee is returned, worth it as a matter of principle. …Didn't realise claims fee is returned, worth it as a matter of principle. Uber Eats support is dreadful.

Yea, they have to pay your fees if your claim is successful... wouldn't have done it otherwise, was confident enough that I was in the right though, and that they would ultimately opt to settle out of court, which they did.
Innit
Post a comment
@
    Text