Uber Eats Share A Courier - Schedule Orders Tip & Vouchers Expiring Tip

Posted 22nd Feb
You may have heard of or used the service Uber Eats - a food delivery service similar to Deliveroo, Just Eat, FoodHub etc.

With Uber Eats you can use the "Share A Courier" on the app for free delivery

Here's a way to get your order at a time that suits you without paying the delivery and make sure expiring vouchers don't go to waste ↓

When the free delivery option on share a courier, the places offering free delivery change every 5 minutes meaning if that place isn't on free delivery after 5 minutes (or in a few hours) and you're wanting to order, you're out of luck

You can however choose to schedule an order (for places that have scheduled ordering available). You will keep your free delivery, even if you've ordered days in advance

If you have a voucher that is going to expire today but you really don't want a takeaway today, you can use that voucher to schedule an order. It also works in conjunction with share a courier free delivery!

I can confirm the above is correct as I have done this before with no issues. I hope this helps
Community Updates

Groups

23 Comments
If you dont mind, could you please share a screenshot of the share a courier option on the app?
deals6922/02/2020 10:38

If you dont mind, could you please share a screenshot of the share a …If you dont mind, could you please share a screenshot of the share a courier option on the app?

39959760-oJNEK.jpgI've marked out the exact location and my address, but yes of course
Not everyone gets share a courier option. I think you have to order a certain number of deliveries before you become eligible for this option
andrewworrall122/02/2020 10:40

[Image] I've marked out the exact location and my address, but yes of …[Image] I've marked out the exact location and my address, but yes of course

Thanks very much never seen this on my app unfortunately but a good feature
From_the_Midlands22/02/2020 10:52

Not everyone gets share a courier option. I think you have to order a …Not everyone gets share a courier option. I think you have to order a certain number of deliveries before you become eligible for this option

It goes on and off for me sometimes but most of the time it's there. However I understand that not everyone will have this available
From_the_Midlands22/02/2020 10:52

Not everyone gets share a courier option. I think you have to order a …Not everyone gets share a courier option. I think you have to order a certain number of deliveries before you become eligible for this option

I don't think so, I got it offered before I'd ever made an order, even now I get it most times and I've only ever made one order (that was delievered by the takeaway itself anyway).
I had share courier option at my old address which was a city but now I have moved to a town I haven’t seen it since. So I presume it’s based on certain cities maybe.
Is the order confirmed once I schedule it and does the money get taken straight away just incase I want to cancel it for something else.
shyki1234522/02/2020 12:39

Is the order confirmed once I schedule it and does the money get taken …Is the order confirmed once I schedule it and does the money get taken straight away just incase I want to cancel it for something else.

I think it is confirmed, and money taken, on the day of the order. I have cancelled scheduled orders a day earlier without any problems.
Edited by: "bozo007" 22nd Feb
How does this work? Do you piggy back on someone who has already paid for delivery that’s delivering to the same area?
I was just telling someone about this yesterday, share a courier is such a scam. I bet Uber just use it to promote selected restaurants to boost sales or something.
jamie1522/02/2020 16:14

I was just telling someone about this yesterday, share a courier is such a …I was just telling someone about this yesterday, share a courier is such a scam. I bet Uber just use it to promote selected restaurants to boost sales or something.

They probably do, but it's still good for us when we to order my favourite chippy is almost always on there
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 22nd Feb
andrewworrall122/02/2020 16:15

They probably do, but it's still good for us when we to order my …They probably do, but it's still good for us when we to order my favourite chippy is almost always on there

It's a good offer for sure. I wish all my accounts had it.
jamie1522/02/2020 16:23

It's a good offer for sure. I wish all my accounts had it.

I did notice that the moment my local KFC opened this morning it was on share a courier. So you're probably right about what you said
andrewworrall122/02/2020 16:24

I did notice that the moment my local KFC opened this morning it was on …I did notice that the moment my local KFC opened this morning it was on share a courier. So you're probably right about what you said

I have an overpriced corner shop nearby, almost always on share a courier after 11pm. No way it gets frequent orders every day as I've checked at multiple points after 11pm and it is always there. I don't really mind as it is a good scam
jamie1522/02/2020 16:39

I have an overpriced corner shop nearby, almost always on share a courier …I have an overpriced corner shop nearby, almost always on share a courier after 11pm. No way it gets frequent orders every day as I've checked at multiple points after 11pm and it is always there. I don't really mind as it is a good scam

I'm pretty sure I remember something about time counters on offers being banned because they put pressure on the customers to buy the offers? The count down timer is on this (5 minute timers), I don't mind though as it's a good scam for sure
Ok just opened by Uber eats app for ordering the KFC deal. I was ready to order within the 5min however it was charging me 99p.

Is the share courier only available to certain restaurants?
just a warning to people scheduling orders for forthcoming days so they do not lose expiring promo code discounts, if the restaurant who you placed the order at has switched to unavailable at the day and time you scheduled your order for delivery your order will be cancelled and promo code discount lost.
sola3527/02/2020 21:04

just a warning to people scheduling orders for forthcoming days so they do …just a warning to people scheduling orders for forthcoming days so they do not lose expiring promo code discounts, if the restaurant who you placed the order at has switched to unavailable at the day and time you scheduled your order for delivery your order will be cancelled and promo code discount lost.

Wow that sucks, didn't realise.
jamie1529/02/2020 13:34

Wow that sucks, didn't realise.

yep, i found out the hard way, my local kfc on uber eats is unavailable to order more than its available, say for instance you have scheduled a order between 5.45 and 6.15 it waits till the very last minute of the time frame then cancels the order if still unavailable.
Does anyone know how to enable it?
mostwantd11/03/2020 20:00

Does anyone know how to enable it?

You don't, it just appears if you're eligible
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants