Ubisoft set to increase pricing for Rainbow Six: Siege

Editor 10
Found 25th Jan

I'm not sure how this is going to affect console gaming, as I guess there will be plenty of stock floating around for people to grab the now 'Standard Edition', but Ubisoft are set to change the cost of Rainbow Six: Siege sometime this year with the 'Standard Edition' changing to the 'Advanced Edition' and retailing at $60 (around £40).

This is how the versions will look and what they'll include...

2883661-WOHSk.jpg
Starter Edition ($14.99USD or regional equivalent)
Starter Edition of Rainbow Six Siege remains unchanged. It continues to be only available on PC and comes with access to all Rainbow Six Siege content: modes, maps, weapon options, level progression, and 600 Rainbow Six Credits, which can be used to purchase operators or cosmetics. The main difference between the Starter Edition and any other edition is that it takes an extended amount of time to unlock the 20 original Operators. The 20 original Operators cost 12,500 Renown each with the Starter Edition.

Advanced Edition ($59.99USD or regional equivalent)
You will notice that the Standard Edition is no longer available. The Standard Edition has been replaced with the Advanced Edition. The Advanced Edition comes with all of the content that the Standard Edition had – access to all Rainbow Six Siege content: modes, maps, weapon options, level progression and the standard amount of time required to unlock the original 20 Operators. As an added benefit, the Advanced Edition comes with 600 Rainbow Six Credits, and 10 Outbreak Collection Packs. More information pertaining to the Outbreak Packs can be found below.

Gold Edition ($89.99USD or regional equivalent)
The Year 2 Gold Edition has been retired now that we are entering Year 3. The new Gold Edition will contain all of the content in the Advanced Edition, as well as a Year 3 pass.

Complete Edition ($129.99USD or regional equivalent)
Given that we have a third year of content coming, we will also be making a change to the Complete Edition. It will now come with all content included in the Advanced Edition, the Year 1 and Year 2 Operators unlocked, and the Year 3 Pass.

[Source: Ubisoft]
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments
Thank god “The Division” pricing remains unchanged. Who cares if they increase this when a more superior game is dirt cheap?
Original Poster Editor
mixmixi1 h, 9 m ago

Thank god “The Division” pricing remains unchanged. Who cares if they inc …Thank god “The Division” pricing remains unchanged. Who cares if they increase this when a more superior game is dirt cheap?

mixmixi1 h, 37 m ago

Thank god “The Division” pricing remains unchanged. Who cares if they inc …Thank god “The Division” pricing remains unchanged. Who cares if they increase this when a more superior game is dirt cheap?

Brilliant
I personally wouldn't pay more than £20 for it now, stupid pricing it should be £40 with a season pass included if you expect to draw in a new crowed for season 3.
I've not played this for a while and I've forgotten how the dlc works, you get access to the new operators early, but do non dlc owning players get the operators free later or do they cost millions of credits?
Thinking of getting the year 3 pass for 18 quid on the Brazilian store
Original Poster Editor
DexMorgan3 m ago

I've not played this for a while and I've forgotten how the dlc works, you …I've not played this for a while and I've forgotten how the dlc works, you get access to the new operators early, but do non dlc owning players get the operators free later or do they cost millions of credits?Thinking of getting the year 3 pass for 18 quid on the Brazilian store

You get all the maps free. Purchasing the season passes aquires you the operators for that season. Otherwise they're 25,000 renown to unlock
BuzzDuraband22 m ago

You get all the maps free. Purchasing the season passes aquires you the …You get all the maps free. Purchasing the season passes aquires you the operators for that season. Otherwise they're 25,000 renown to unlock

Ok thanks, I'll pick up the pass as I won't have time to earn the credits to buy all the operators
DexMorgan3 h, 53 m ago

Ok thanks, I'll pick up the pass as I won't have time to earn the credits …Ok thanks, I'll pick up the pass as I won't have time to earn the credits to buy all the operators

It's a fair grind to get the 25k renown to unlock one operator, that's why if you buy it for PC, it's best to avoid the starter edition as you have to pay so much more renown for the operators
I don't see the hype. It's a 3 year old game and the game gets boring after a while.
Original Poster Editor
Our passionate and dedicated fans are the reason why Rainbow Six Siege is a success, especially the ones who have been with us from Day 1. Following yesterday’s announcement, we have seen the frustration from our current players rise to the top of the discussion. Below you will find our next steps for addressing these concerns.

• For our current players, any of you that play an online match between now and March 6th will receive the upcoming Ash Sidewinder Elite skin for free. The Ash Sidewinder Elite will be automatically granted to your inventory at the launch of Year 3 Season 1.

• For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.

• For those of you who have raised concerns over the Starter Edition when it comes to acquiring Operators, we will be sharing more information about our next steps during the Six Invitational. We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid.

The Rainbow Six Siege team has always incorporated player feedback into the game and the direction of the design. Your voice is incredibly important to us and we are monitoring your feedback closely on all aspects of this announcement. Any future updates will be posted here.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants