Groups

UE55KS7000

Hi guys, hope you're having a good day. I'm looking for at TVs for my mother. I myself own a ue55ks8000 but wish to get her a ue55ks7000. IT is out of stock pretty much everywhere and was 899 at xmas. Now it is 1k+ everywhere. Anyone know if you think the price will drop again now after CES? Or is there a similar SUHD tv for no more than 899£. I've seen the KU range but look slightly washed out in colour in comparison to the KS. LG's Super UHD range is a similar story and OLED price wise is out of question. Any help on stock or information will be greatly appreciated. My mother streams 4K movies quite a lot so she will notice the difference. Regards!

7 Comments

sunnypete

Theres a refurb here for … Theres a refurb here for 899.http://www.richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/buy/SAMS-UE55KS7000-ES/Samsung+Ue55ks7000+ES.html

A good buy at £899.

I doubt you'll see anymore price drops or find stock - all manufacturers will have already stopped supply leaving customers no choice but to buy this years' models.

Good call on avoiding the KU.

I'd have no issues on getting a refurbished from Richer Sounds - for peace of mind ask about getting a 5 year warranty.

Good luck.

Kenp8257

I'd have no issues on getting a refurbished from Richer Sounds.

It's a big enough lottery with this set getting one brand new without the back panel coming away that i wouldn't even consider one that's already been returned, especially at a price they were available brand new just a month or so ago.

Scotsmania

It's a big enough lottery with this set getting one brand new without the … It's a big enough lottery with this set getting one brand new without the back panel coming away that i wouldn't even consider one that's already been returned, especially at a price they were available brand new just a month or so ago.

That's a fair point and agree about a new one being that price a month ago. ...

Unlike the good old days where older models are reduced - nowadays on tv's they put the prices UP as they know very low stock in the run up to new models forcing consumers to shell out on newer models etc.

It is a risk refurb - but also has a 12 month warranty.

May be worth trying and if you feel the tv set looks anything other than new (and of course any issues with back cover) return it immediately within 28 days for a full refund?

Mate was looking at the 65"KS9000. It was £1,950 2 weeks ago, now it's £2,300!!!!! (JL).

So refurb 'may' be only option at the £899 price point.....

I think JL had a misprice or something as £899 new wax ridiculously low.

I would not normally recommend a tv 55" at below £1K due to motion blurring etc issues. ....

Good luck on a tv for your Mum...... don't buy anything lower spec than a KS7000

Kenp8257

That's a fair point and agree about a new one being that price a month … That's a fair point and agree about a new one being that price a month ago. ...Unlike the good old days where older models are reduced - nowadays on tv's they put the prices UP as they know very low stock in the run up to new models forcing consumers to shell out on newer models etc. It is a risk refurb - but also has a 12 month warranty. May be worth trying and if you feel the tv set looks anything other than new (and of course any issues with back cover) return it immediately within 28 days for a full refund?Mate was looking at the 65"KS9000. It was £1,950 2 weeks ago, now it's £2,300!!!!! (JL).So refurb 'may' be only option at the £899 price point.....I think JL had a misprice or something as £899 new wax ridiculously low.I would not normally recommend a tv 55" at below £1K due to motion blurring etc issues. ....Good luck on a tv for your Mum...... don't buy anything lower spec than a KS7000

The KS700 was around £899.99 in most places just after Christmas - John Lewis, Richer Sounds etc. So not a pricing error.

Original Poster

Does anyone have suggestions or a tv as good? Hard to find a 10 bit panel at that price of 899. Samsung KU series and LG Super ultra HD, is there much of a difference? I'm not sure what I should do, get her a cheap KU or just wait for next years? Wanted to get her a tv around now but it feels like I'm gonna have to wait for some random amazing deal.

ipswich78

The KS700 was around £899.99 in most places just after Christmas - John … The KS700 was around £899.99 in most places just after Christmas - John Lewis, Richer Sounds etc. So not a pricing error.

Oh - ok, fair enough.

I didn't realise :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private55
      2. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions