UE75RU7100 VS QE75Q60RATXXU / LED VS QLED

Posted 22nd Jan
UE75RU7100 VS QE75Q60RATXXU / LED VS QLED

Can someone please advice which one I should buy to get a better image for connecting old devices such as sky + box and scart boxes type as picture is not clear on current led tv

As well as if qled is better why please

And also the connect box you get is it the same quality you would get if connected direct into TVs, does box get faulty over Heater?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Quantum Dot (used in QLED) is essentially a filter that reduces light loss and colour bleed to give a more accurate and brighter picture.

Other companies LCD technologies are also good such as LG NanoCell as it does a similar thing and uses an IPS panel so has some advantages.
Edited by: "Gormond" 22nd Jan
also what are you plugging into that uses scart, not best for TV these days , when many older device can now use hdmi, I thought sky plus box still have hdmi out
Pricklerickle22/01/2020 10:19

also what are you plugging into that uses scart, not best for TV these …also what are you plugging into that uses scart, not best for TV these days , when many older device can now use hdmi, I thought sky plus box still have hdmi out

Yeah if using SCART you are better to use a third party upscaler such as the OSSC.
QLED is Samsung's top model range, while UHD LED is Samsung's middle model range.

QLED does nominally apply to the TVs with the QDEF layer as a way of achieving a wider colour gamut but it's a fairly minor tech and there are lots more differences between models, some with bigger impact on the picture quality.

Although the Q60R may be the cheapest model in Samsung's top range, it behaves more like the mid-range models like the NU8000, just with a little more polish.

Low quality sources like those outputting over SCART are never going to look brilliant on a large TV, and none of the 4K TVs are that good at upscaling either. I'm not sure what you mean by 'not clear' but expect the picture to be soft on any new TV.

The one connect box doesn't change anything, it's just an extension cable essentially. As far as I know it's only available on the Q85R and above, not on the two models you're considering. It will have a surrounding temperature limit at which it can operate so it depends on how far above a heater it is.
Pricklerickle22/01/2020 10:19

also what are you plugging into that uses scart, not best for TV these …also what are you plugging into that uses scart, not best for TV these days , when many older device can now use hdmi, I thought sky plus box still have hdmi out

3 colours to tv and same to box
EndlessWaves22/01/2020 11:19

QLED is Samsung's top model range, while UHD LED is Samsung's middle model …QLED is Samsung's top model range, while UHD LED is Samsung's middle model range.QLED does nominally apply to the TVs with the QDEF layer as a way of achieving a wider colour gamut but it's a fairly minor tech and there are lots more differences between models, some with bigger impact on the picture quality.Although the Q60R may be the cheapest model in Samsung's top range, it behaves more like the mid-range models like the NU8000, just with a little more polish. Low quality sources like those outputting over SCART are never going to look brilliant on a large TV, and none of the 4K TVs are that good at upscaling either. I'm not sure what you mean by 'not clear' but expect the picture to be soft on any new TV.The one connect box doesn't change anything, it's just an extension cable essentially. As far as I know it's only available on the Q85R and above, not on the two models you're considering. It will have a surrounding temperature limit at which it can operate so it depends on how far above a heater it is.

It has the box with this qled tv also?
EndlessWaves22/01/2020 11:22

What?

It has the one contact box with this qled model, has the plain backboard only, and the picture is not clear on non hdmi devices only through led so will qled give a better 100% volume picture quality
unknown.22/01/2020 11:42

RCA to RCA

RCA is very old and even if TVs have ports for it the quality will be pretty terrible.

You want to get an ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter) which will convert RCA to HDMI - I would recommend an OSSC for this as it will also handle RGB SCART.

I use this for connecting retro consoles that don't have HDMI output such as the SNES.
Edited by: "Gormond" 22nd Jan
Gormond22/01/2020 11:57

RCA is very old and even if TVs have ports for it the quality will be …RCA is very old and even if TVs have ports for it the quality will be pretty terrible.You want to get an ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter) which will convert RCA to HDMI - I would recommend an OSSC for this as it will also handle RGB SCART.I use this for connecting retro consoles that don't have HDMI output such as the SNES.

Thankyou
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions