UFC 100 to be shown live on sky channel 433

90 replies
93 Comments

do you have to be a racing tv customer to get his

woot.

Original Poster

jamespir;5702955

do you have to be a racing tv customer to get his

apparently not, supposed to be freeview provided you have a satellite connection or as someone else said streamed over UFC.com

Awesome !!

Banned

bring back big daddy and giant haystacks....

youtube.com/wat…0cE

casparwhite;5703090

bring back big daddy and giant … bring back big daddy and giant haystacks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSro4l_0cE

Big daddy is no longer with us i'm afraid .Don't know about giant haystacks though
nice link by the way:thumbsup:

Brilliant.

Considering it's going to be free, why can't they show it on a a freeview channel?

Will be downloaded first thing the morning after. :thumbsup:

Wotwot123;5703123

Brilliant.Considering it's going to be free, why can't they show it on a … Brilliant.Considering it's going to be free, why can't they show it on a a freeview channel?

Probably sky are doing it so you regret not having a satellite

Tazzer;5703136

Probably sky are doing it so you regret not having a satellite

Why regret, it goings to be streamed?

Bravo has supported the UFC from the early days in the UK, I find it hard to understand why they have not been given the rights to show it.

I always watch it on MMAtv anyway.

Bravo are working with Bamma now, don't usually (if they ever have at all) support live broadcast transmissions and thats what the UFC want now after going that route with Setanta recently and the explosion of interest over this side of the water - they are going to want it live I would imagine - its like the old Tyson PPV's that everyone used to stay up for - I miss the decent late night PPV's and hopefully the UFC will continue with theirs as its usally better than a 1 big name boxing fight card with a bunch of no names undercard.

Just hope now it goes to ESPN and we get the events on the HD channel as well......looks so much better in HD

Any ideas as to when the sky programme guide will update, so I can sky+ the build up and fight?

Evz1974
Thats true with boxing i always fall asleep and miss the main event or wake up half way through the fight

Oh Yes Great News, Cannot Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Alves
War Brock
War Bisping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They left it until the last possible moment to announce a TV deal, but I'm glad they have. Looking forward to UFC100 more than any fight card in years. Anyone who hasn't seen the Countdown show should really check it out -- tremendous TV.

UFC on Sky not so great......................Its good if they keep it on normal sports with a HD option.................But bad if they try to develop it into Pay-Per-View!

And you know Sky..................

London, England – UFC 100, the biggest mixed martial arts event in h … London, England – UFC 100, the biggest mixed martial arts event in history, will be televised live on multiple platforms in the United Kingdom this coming Saturday, July 11, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organisation has confirmed.British UFC fans have two ways of experiencing the greatest night in mixed martial arts history live: on Sky Channel 433 and online at UFC.com. Fans will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge. As an exciting bonus to British fans, Sky Channel 433’s UFC 100 coverage will begin at 9pm, Saturday, as a 9-hour UFC marathon gets underway with all five episodes of the ‘UFC’s Top 100 Fights’. This will be followed by the official ‘Countdown to UFC 100’ program which then leads into 3am, where the spotlight turns to Las Vegas, as the biggest MMA show of all time goes LIVE. UK fight fans unable to join the televised action on Sky Channel 433 need not worry, though, for they can also catch every punch, kick and submission at UFC 100 by logging on to UFC.com. Those fans are encouraged to log-on to UFC.com for details on how they can watch UFC 100 live online.Included on the historic UFC 100 card are UFC Championship(R) battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St. Pierre and Thiago Alves. Plus, Ultimate Fighter(R coaches collide as British superstar Michael ‘The Count Bisping and former PRIDE champion Dan Henderson throw-down in a middleweight showdown.

9 hours of MMA!

casparwhite;5703090

bring back big daddy and giant … bring back big daddy and giant haystacks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSro4l_0cE

Thats "wrestling" this is MMA. :roll:

Whilst that's true, there is a huge cross-over audience.

Wicked...can't wait!

Maybe, but the two shouldn't be confused. Ones a OTT pantomime and the others a legitimate sport.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!

Happy day indeed

An average even, which will not live up to the hype by a longe shot.

But i will still be watching.

I've never gotten into this but will watch saturday as it's free.

I'm not discussing the merits of each genre -- I'm simply saying that UFC is acknowledging pro wrestling by directly marketing to wrestling fans (namedropping WWE, satirising wrestling) in the build to Lesnar/Mir.

With that in mind it's hardly surprising that people link UFC to wrestling. They appeal to many of the same demographics.

I don't hear Dana White complaining about the link; he's far too busy counting the $ that guys like Brock Lesnar are bringing into MMA. For all the negatives you can throw at pro wrestling, it has provided MMA with several marketable stars.

Marsh;5705458

I'm not discussing the merits of each genre -- I'm simply saying that UFC … I'm not discussing the merits of each genre -- I'm simply saying that UFC is acknowledging pro wrestling by directly marketing to wrestling fans (namedropping WWE, satirising wrestling) in the build to Lesnar/Mir. With that in mind it's hardly surprising that people link UFC to wrestling. They appeal to many of the same demographics.I don't hear Dana White complaining about the link; he's far too busy counting the $ that guys like Brock Lesnar are bringing into MMA. For all the negatives you can throw at pro wrestling, it has provided MMA with several marketable stars.:)

I remember when Shamrock came from MMA to WWF(E). On another subject never knew Bravo was as Virgin media company

Banned

Marsh;5705458

I'm not discussing the merits of each genre -- I'm simply saying that UFC … I'm not discussing the merits of each genre -- I'm simply saying that UFC is acknowledging pro wrestling by directly marketing to wrestling fans (namedropping WWE, satirising wrestling) in the build to Lesnar/Mir. With that in mind it's hardly surprising that people link UFC to wrestling. They appeal to many of the same demographics.I don't hear Dana White complaining about the link; he's far too busy counting the $ that guys like Brock Lesnar are bringing into MMA. For all the negatives you can throw at pro wrestling, it has provided MMA with several marketable stars.:)

I think the wrestling has the better looking guys though. Less cauliflower ears.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here wishing he'd throw me around a bit.:thumbsup:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/brock-lesnar.jpg

Banned

I'm surprised they're not promoting this more - they could get a lot of viewers in the pre/post - club demo.

Loads of gay clubs have these videos playing on the screens.

Banned

boothy;5705579

dont bite my friend,he is a troll,he is trying to draw you into a debate … dont bite my friend,he is a troll,he is trying to draw you into a debate about any old crapthis is his latest incarnation.

Two things:

1. I'm not your friend.

2. Nothing wrong with a playful nibble.

I respect your strong neck;-)

Banned

boothy;5705604

I wasn't talking to you

I know. You were talking about me which is one of your favourite hobbies apparently.

I should be flattered, but it's getting kinda creepy now that I've seen your head.

Banned

This message is hidden because FilthAndFurry is on your ignore list.

tr2k8;5705624

lollington

tr2k8;5705624

lol

Banned

tr2k8;5705624

lol

FilthAndFurry;5705662

lol

lmao

hehehe

PS Criminal Griffin isn't taking part in UFC100, bring on UFC 101

Banned

boothy;5705644

lol

hahahaha funny that he is on my ignore list as well :w00t:

dog_cop;5705701

hahahaha funny that he is on my ignore list as well :w00t:

his threads are being spammed faster than BG's & JFK's at the moment

Banned

boothy;5705716

his threads are being spammed faster than BG's & JFK's at the moment

I think BG is alright. JFK is ok. Its really funny to hear his lies and then have members having a go at him. Especially Guv. I love a good JFK post so I can laugh at all the members taaking everything so serious. lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.2020
    2. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?23
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code23
    4. Is this junction box wired properly??813

See more discussions