Ugg Boots fake or not!

After the thread I was reading/posting was closed and the last info before it was shut were these words from a mod,.
" I sent you a PM earlier & explained that the website was registered in Beijing in China & the implications of that & gave you guidance on how to check if any future UGG websites were genuine by using a whois checker."

The thread was not by me btw, and that comment was not aimed at me.

I would like to however point out the following

"The famous UGG Australia brand is made by Deckers corporation. If that's what you're after there are ways to spot imposters.
UGG Australia boots have a large middle G on the logo, as seen on the Office website
They have real sheepskin fur inside; fakes often use synthentic
They are made in New Zealand, Australia, and more recently, China
If you want to check that a retailer is legit, email Deckers at [email protected]uggaustralia.com and ask that retailer is licensed to sell UGG Australias "

Please note the [b]boots are MADE IN CHINA [/]and there is nothing anywhere to suggest that just because a Website/company are in China the items they sell/advertise are fake.

Also for the record.

"It appears that in Australia, the word Ugg is a generic term for sheepskin boots. So just because a pair of Ugg Boots isnt made by UGG® Australia the famous brand beloved by celebs such as Pammy Anderson they arent necessarily fake."

It is the brand name that is fake when counterfeit, not the name Ugg Boots.

I'm not saying I condone fake products, I do condone them, what I am saying is people should get all their facts right before they act like god.
and yes I will probably get banned for speaking my mind/the truth - but who cares.

10 Comments

Banned

who was acting like god, i never saw anything of the kind, if a post is reported or spammed because its fake then it usually is, and yes many of us all know about the UGG name, but when people are posting £60 uggs its because they think thwey are the geuine ugg boot by decker

Hi Sass:-d

op-you are way out of order Im afraid-people spam fake threads to HELP others and stop them getting ripped off-not to act like "god".

as sassie said 60 quid uggs are fake-you dont even need to do a whois or any research,just use some common sense-you cant buy them for that price.

"Please note the [b]boots are MADE IN CHINA [/]and there is nothing anywhere to suggest that just because a Website/company are in China the items they sell/advertise are fake."

possibly the most naive comment ever written

I didn't see the thread but i'm getting tired myself now of "convincing" people items are fake,sometimes ones patience wears thin.

yikes! did some body get out of bed the wrong side?:oops:

Anybody stupid enough to buy UGG Australia boots for £50 from a dodgy looking website deserve all they get. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. (how many times.........?)

Also OP nobody is doubting the origin of the term UGG and it is not UGG boots that we are talking about, it is UGG Australia boots

p.s. cant see you getting banned, only speaking your mind

supermod

We spam threads that appear to sell fake UGGs - there are lots of them appear around this time of the year.

We also try to advise members how to do some further checks to protect themselves before they divulge their financial details to help prevent potential fraud.

The experienced members of the site are excellent at helping us with this, and their help is much appreciated. I'm unsure how stopping someone from losing money is 'acting like God' but we continue to do so.

In that particular thread the OP, who was a new member, had already received a MOD PM explaining the background before they reposted the new misc thread.

barky;6905889

op-you are way out of order Im afraid-people spam fake threads to HELP … op-you are way out of order Im afraid-people spam fake threads to HELP others and stop them getting ripped off-not to act like "god".as sassie said 60 quid uggs are fake-you dont even need to do a whois or any research,just use some common sense-you cant buy them for that price."Please note the [b]boots are MADE IN CHINA [/]and there is nothing anywhere to suggest that just because a Website/company are in China the items they sell/advertise are fake."possibly the most naive comment ever written

There must be someone somewhere in China selling genuine goods. Can't say I've ever found them but they must exist. :whistling:

I'm not saying I condone fake products, I do condone them

Wut:?

jtx;6906601

Wut:?

I lol'd :):roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Free minion usb stick44
    2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391212
    3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon22
    4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56

See more discussions