Expired

Ugg Sheepskin Insoles? Go Cheap Or Buy The Genuine Thing?

12 replies
Found 20th Jan
As above. I can see there are genuine Ugg-branded insoles for £18 (on Schuh, Very and the like) ugg.com/uk/…tml is it worth going for these or is there a cheaper brand you can recommend?

Think the foam backing of the sole goes a long way towards the longevity of the insoles, too. I can see a dizzying array of cheap replacements on Amazon but real-life experiences would be better.

Thanks for any replies.

11 Comments

Original Poster

The Uggs I'm wearing are a size larger than my usual UK 7. I found the leather Uggs have less "give" fit-wise - found these insoles for £3.48 on Amazon Warehouse. Other listings imply they are Merino/Lambswool, they get good reviews. Will see how I get on! amazon.co.uk/gp/…all

rieker-shop.de/Sal…_23
Edited by: "louiselouise" 20th Jan

Think I'd be tempted to pay the extra for the real Uggs. After paying the cost of the Ugg boots why compromise now.

Original Poster

I got them for £40-odd quid from the now-defunct Branch309 so they weren't that expensive!

I want the uggs this price as well.

Original Poster

Got the "Salamander Professional" insoles today (as mentioned in Post #1). These seem to have foam backing as well and seem well-made. The brown lambswool colour goes better with the colour of my boots

Tugged and tugged at the original, worn Ugg insoles and could not get the beggars out - some Ugg insoles are non-removable apparently, but no idea if mine are or not.

Hopefully wearing the soles on top won't affect their longevity. Fit is a bit more snug but I'll test them out walking round town later.

Original Poster

Alas, the Salamander Professional insoles wore away quite quickly! Threw them away last night - trying the Poundworld Foot Warmers insoles instead (like Odor Eaters - not that I need those particularly), a stopgap till I find a better replacement.

Thanks for update. Fingers crossed the £1 works for a long while

Original Poster

Well, the Odor Eaters/Foot Warmers soles are coming away already at the heels! Either I'm really heavy on my feet or it's a friction thing, due to me not being able to remove the original Ugg insole underneath?

Will have to get another replacement.

Original Poster

Got these in Brown (only because I can see some UK sellers are using the some stock pictures and seem to get good Feedback) - also the colour suits the insides of my boots.

ebay.co.uk/itm…319

Original Poster

I wound up buying from a seller "hotgreat" and over 2 months later, nothing appeared! Tracking got as far as the UK and then went AWOL.

Trying again with this one ebay.co.uk/itm…454 (interesting to note, this listing says "artificial sheepskin" yet many of the sheepskin/lambswool insole sellers (charging more) use the exact same stock pictures.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions