Uggs - so confused

Sister wants a pair of these, but i am so confused by all the different types and fakes etc

what confuses me the most is, someone said UGG is a style of shoe rather then a brand

is that right ?, she said there are loads of people who make UGG boots but only genuine company called UGG

for example these lot sell boots sheepskindownunder.com.au/ and on the back of the boots it states

MADE BY UGG AUSTRALIA

yet all the uggs i have seen have it like little u then big g then a little g

please help i am so confused lol

11 Comments

Real Uggs are now made in China by Deckers. It is a style of boot, but there is also a brand name Ugg Australia (the ones made in China). It depends how picky you are about a posh label, the problem is if you pay real Ugg prices for a fake I suppose.

T K Maxx have had them in stock, i presume they only sell the real thing

House of fraser sell the real ones, not sure how you tell the difference, but they will be geniune from there.

Original Poster

Thanks all of you rep has been left, she aint the type of girl to care if there scud or not but i wouldnt want her picked on etc for wearing fakes (i no it sounds bad, but thats the way kids are now - god i am only 25 i sound like i am 100 lol)
she is looking @ the ones below, but this is where i get confused as there made via sheepskindownunder.com.au/ and dont have a brown ugg tag like the others i see, so i am geussing these are ugg style boots rather then ugg the brand
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/bobthegeezer/22b8_1.jpg

Those are not genuine Uggs. Uggs are made of one piece of sheepskin and don't have a seam on the front of the leg part. Look at them on the Office website for an idea.
office.co.uk/ugg…ers

Original Poster

thanks for that, sorry to be a pain but they site they are from are listed under the australian licence website of sellers who sell genuine sheepskin boot's so i am geussing these are ugg style boots rather then ugg branded boots

They are just so plain UGGly.. ;-)

Original Poster

yea whats wrong with kids wearing the la gears with twister laces i had as a kid

Dub1;3819035

thanks for that, sorry to be a pain but they site they are from are … thanks for that, sorry to be a pain but they site they are from are listed under the australian licence website of sellers who sell genuine sheepskin boot's so i am geussing these are ugg style boots rather then ugg branded boots

Yep, uggs, rather than Deckers Uggs.

Russell and Bromley are selling EMU boots - just like UGGs, and made in Australia too and had them on sale down to £79.99 from £140 or something like that. And Russell and Bromley won't sell fakes, so it might be worth considering them.
If definately after UGGs, USC online have a 20% off voucher (could be 'XMAS20' if I remember rightly) bringing them to £106 ish as I just organised some for my brother's girlfriend - though brother paying, he just got too confused and wanted a girl's opinion (or couldn't be bothered to do it himself, not sure).

I know I by now you may have already bought your Uggs but if you haven't the real ugg boots that you are talking about are made by Deckers. Their logo is uGg (it should have a small u a large G and a small g) and it is not always brown in colour.
Have a look at the site below as these are the real ones you are wanting.
The problem is that any sheepskin boot is an ugg boot is Oz, it is a generic name for them. Someone has taken that name and branded it.
If you look at the link below you will see what the real ones should look like.

[url]www.uggaustralia.com[/url]

I know that Office sell the real ones too. Many people will tell you that other Uggs are just as good and you are only paying for the name, but if she is after the branded ones that the celebs wear it is these you want. Be careful of the Chinese sites there are a lot of copies.
I would buy from the official site or a known retailer. I know you will pay more but you will get the right ones.

Anyway I hope you got them! Let me know if you need any more info about these as I am a pro on this after going through it myself!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230712
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963012
    4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…35

See more discussions