Groups

Uhhh... Glee?! You can glee off!

WHAT in God's name is Glee and why has it been allowed on TV? I've just come back to my room and it's on and I've never watched it before so thought I'd give it a go... Jesus Christ I've never seen so much shoddy tat in all my life. If they're going to make a program that's about people singing, shouldn't they get people who can A) Sing and B) Sing live?
    Watchers of Glee... You should be ashamed!

78 Comments

Do you know I thought I was the only one who just cant get into this!!! I watched first couple of episodes but thought the same!!

Glee is amazing , how can you say all that ?!?!

i have a friend and hes EXACTLY the same as curt , i think hes based on him tbh !! :lol:

strictly for the gays and fag hags ITT

Banned

They can sing live, especially the jewish girl lead.

Plus it's fun - maybe you're too old/miserable for it.

boothy;8772570

strictly for the gays and fag hags ITT

haha love ur avi!!

FilthAndFurry;8772574

They can sing live, especially the jewish girl lead.Plus it's fun - maybe … They can sing live, especially the jewish girl lead.Plus it's fun - maybe you're too old/miserable for it.

+ 1

Glee is amazing and how can u say they cant sing, some of them are broadway stars

micoo;8772626

Glee is amazing and how can u say they cant sing, some of them are … Glee is amazing and how can u say they cant sing, some of them are broadway stars

And this !!

Original Poster

If at 22 I'm too old for it, count me as old!
    From what I saw, it's a token program. A Jewish girl? A paraplegic? A gan man (men)? An Asian man with a speech impediment? Let's cover all bases, E4, we wouldn't want people feeling left out would we.

Original Poster

micoo;8772626

Glee is amazing and how can u say they cant sing, some of them are … Glee is amazing and how can u say they cant sing, some of them are broadway stars

I can say it because I studied music!!! To add to this, my best friend is an opera singer as well as most of my friends... THEY can sing, not these retards!

baffledsalmon;8772631

If at 22 I'm too old for it, count me as old!From what I saw, it's a … If at 22 I'm too old for it, count me as old!From what I saw, it's a token program. A Jewish girl? A paraplegic? A gan man (men)? An Asian man with a speech impediment? Let's cover all bases, E4, we wouldn't want people feeling left out would we.

Theres a jewish boy aswell

and a pregnant 16 yr old girl :lol:

it is awful tat, proper switch your brain off tv

baffledsalmon;8772639

I can say it because I studied music!!! To add to this, my best friend is … I can say it because I studied music!!! To add to this, my best friend is an opera singer as well as most of my friends... THEY can sing, not these retards!

just because you studied music dosent mean you can say they cant sing !!

And opera is very differnt from what they are singing! :?

Original Poster

aah96;8772651

just because you studied music dosent mean you can say they cant sing !! … just because you studied music dosent mean you can say they cant sing !! And opera is very differnt from what they are singing! :?

Yeah, they sing "their version" of pop songs and badly at that! I have every right to say they can't sing... I'm allowed my opinions as are you but personally, as someone who's been in Les Miserables as a 1st violinist, I think I have a little more knowledge on the subject!

Banned

baffledsalmon;8772631

If at 22 I'm too old for it, count me as old!From what I saw, it's a … If at 22 I'm too old for it, count me as old!From what I saw, it's a token program. A Jewish girl? A paraplegic? A gan man (men)? An Asian man with a speech impediment? Let's cover all bases, E4, we wouldn't want people feeling left out would we.

Well, it's made by Fox so it's got nothing to do with E4 and it's more a nod to Broadway shows like Rent - so I take it you're unfamiliar with that particular area of culture.

As for age, it's a number - where you maybe deficient is in a state of mind that means you can't appreciate the innate joy and stupid fun in spontaneous outbursts of dance and song.

baffledsalmon;8772639

I can say it because I studied music!!! To add to this, my best friend is … I can say it because I studied music!!! To add to this, my best friend is an opera singer as well as most of my friends... THEY can sing, not these retards!

maybe you should go study it again then :thumbsup: cos im pretty sure broadway stars can sing

Banned

baffledsalmon;8772665

Yeah, they sing "their version" of pop songs and badly at that! I have … Yeah, they sing "their version" of pop songs and badly at that! I have every right to say they can't sing... I'm allowed my opinions as are you but personally, as someone who's been in Les Miserables as a 1st violinist, I think I have a little more knowledge on the subject!

Were you in the main cast of Les Mis on broadway?

Sorry, confused you with the main lead of Glee (Lea Michele) who played Cosette.

:roll:

Original Poster

micoo;8772672

maybe you should go study it again then :thumbsup: cos im pretty sure … maybe you should go study it again then :thumbsup: cos im pretty sure broadway stars can sing

Yes, and their positions as Broadway "stars" have nothing to do with the fact they're good looking! :whistling:

baffledsalmon;8772685

Yes, and their positions as Broadway "stars" have nothing to do with the … Yes, and their positions as Broadway "stars" have nothing to do with the fact they're good looking! :whistling:

no it doesnt cos they are nothing special looks wise

FilthAndFurry;8772667

As for age, it's a number - where you maybe deficient is in a state of … As for age, it's a number - where you maybe deficient is in a state of mind that means you can't appreciate the innate joy and stupid fun in spontaneous outbursts of dance and song.

you must be old

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;8772682

Were you in the main cast of Les Mis on broadway?Sorry, confused you with … Were you in the main cast of Les Mis on broadway?Sorry, confused you with the main lead of Glee (Lea Michele) who played Cosette.:roll:

So if she's that amaaaazing, why doesn't she sing live on a PRE RECORDED tv program? They may well do, but from what I saw, it was all miming. I certainly didn't mime when I did it, I can tell you that!

Banned

roryk83;8772709

you must be old

Because?

Banned

baffledsalmon;8772718

So if she's that amaaaazing, why doesn't she sing live on a PRE RECORDED … So if she's that amaaaazing, why doesn't she sing live on a PRE RECORDED tv program? They may well do, but from what I saw, it was all miming. I certainly didn't mime when I did it, I can tell you that!

Well they performed live at the Radio City Music Hall....

but tv is different and playback is often necessary on a soundstage because the acoustics aren't always up to scratch and as it's a single-camera show you have to do a lot of work in the edit.

baffledsalmon;8772718

So if she's that amaaaazing, why doesn't she sing live on a PRE RECORDED … So if she's that amaaaazing, why doesn't she sing live on a PRE RECORDED tv program? They may well do, but from what I saw, it was all miming. I certainly didn't mime when I did it, I can tell you that!

cos its a tv program not a live show

Original Poster

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no problem with sound recording. You know for a fact they could do it live but they don't, they choose to mime so they can get Fantoms kicking in. It's basically a program about singing... It should be live. You don't see X Factor contestants miming because it's about the singing!!!

I don't think the popularity will last and get the impression they already know that.
    Definitely not my kind of programme.

Banned

baffledsalmon;8772753

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no problem with sound recording. You … I'm sorry but there is absolutely no problem with sound recording. You know for a fact they could do it live but they don't, they choose to mime so they can get Fantoms kicking in. It's basically a program about singing... It should be live. You don't see X Factor contestants miming because it's about the singing!!!

The X Factor is filmed in a completely different way to Glee.

Don't tell me - you've studied tv production too:-D

Or maybe they got Idina Menzel in to sing, but decided she didn't sound very good live:-D:-D

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;8772778

The X Factor is filmed in a completely different way to Glee. Don't tell … The X Factor is filmed in a completely different way to Glee. Don't tell me - you've studied tv production too:-DOr maybe they got Idina Menzel in to sing, but decided she didn't sound very good live:-D:-D

No, but I did get 100% in my Music Tech A Level so I at least know the basics I also have grade 8 Distinction in violin, piano and flute, a DipABRSM, have played the RA Hall and with the Maggini Quartet and studied at the Birmingham Conservatoire... I barely know a THING about music!!!
    Just face it, it's a terrible program. You know it, I know it, we all know it! End of story!

Banned

baffledsalmon;8772812

No, but I did get 100% in my Music Tech A Level so I at least know the … No, but I did get 100% in my Music Tech A Level so I at least know the basics I also have grade 8 Distinction in violin, piano and flute, a DipABRSM, have played the RA Hall and with the Maggini Quartet and studied at the Birmingham Conservatoire... I barely know a THING about music!!!Just face it, it's a terrible program. You know it, I know it, we all know it! End of story!

Sorry - I have all 3 albums and watch it weekly. It's just a piece of dumb fun with some great tunes and good looking people to look at.

It has my dream threesome (Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth) as well as NPH, Josh Groban and my favourite arrangement of Poker Face.

Get some girlfriends over, unplug the phone, get some cheap bottles of red in and enjoy:thumbsup:

baffledsalmon;8772812

No, but I did get 100% in my Music Tech A Level so I at least know the … No, but I did get 100% in my Music Tech A Level so I at least know the basics I also have grade 8 Distinction in violin, piano and flute, a DipABRSM, have played the RA Hall and with the Maggini Quartet and studied at the Birmingham Conservatoire... I barely know a THING about music!!!Just face it, it's a terrible program. You know it, I know it, we all know it! End of story!

nobody gives a crap, all that has no relevance to your knowledge of singing or media, and seing as i like it and many people do its clearly not terrible :thumbsup:

bossyboots;8772564

Do you know I thought I was the only one who just cant get into this!!! … Do you know I thought I was the only one who just cant get into this!!! I watched first couple of episodes but thought the same!!

+1

micoo;8772855

nobody gives a crap, all that has no relevance to your knowledge of … nobody gives a crap, all that has no relevance to your knowledge of singing or media, and seing as i like it and many people do its clearly not terrible :thumbsup:

haha innit, think Baffledsalmon has "ilovemedontyou" syndrome......its been nominated for 48 awards and won 28 of them in the last year including a golden globe....nuff said

acecatcher3;8772886

haha innit, think Baffledsalmon has "ilovemedontyou" syndrome......its … haha innit, think Baffledsalmon has "ilovemedontyou" syndrome......its been nominated for 48 awards and won 28 of them in the last year including a golden globe....nuff said

:lol:

I hate musicals. Especially when they ruin great songs like Dont Stop Believin by Journey.

Banned

Retro89;8772967

I hate musicals. Especially when they ruin great songs like Dont Stop … I hate musicals. Especially when they ruin great songs like Dont Stop Believin by Journey.

You can still buy Journey's version - they didn't burn the masters when they recorded the Glee version:?

FilthAndFurry;8773011

You can still buy Journey's version - they didn't burn the masters when … You can still buy Journey's version - they didn't burn the masters when they recorded the Glee version:?

I know, its just they ruined the song, they shouldnt even cover it.

Glee is awesome lol at OP saying they can't sing

Banned

Retro89;8773055

I know, its just they ruined the song, they shouldnt even cover it.

you mean you shouldnt have even listened to it

dont blame others for your own personal mistakes:thumbsup:

sooner its gone the better........just like friends

casparwhite;8773153

you mean you shouldnt have even listened to itdont blame others for your … you mean you shouldnt have even listened to itdont blame others for your own personal mistakes:thumbsup:sooner its gone the better........just like friends

Bit hard not to listen to it when it first came out, Radio stations were constantly playing it.

Banned

Retro89;8773219

Bit hard not to listen to it when it first came out, Radio stations were … Bit hard not to listen to it when it first came out, Radio stations were constantly playing it.

well ive managed to dodge everything so far

started watching an episode last year with the gf....lasted 5 mins even she didnt like it

always hated american cheese though........its just not cultured enough
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?22
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047150
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66

See more discussions