UHT Milk

Found 21st Sep 2009
I know UHT Milk has a long shelf life, but I bought a carton and noticed it said 'Once opened consume within 3 days' or something along those lines.

Is it safe to store it for longer once opened? I was thinking it would be a great help for the office fridge since we are always wasting fresh milk since only a couple of us drink teas and coffees!

1. Misc
  2. Coffee
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Coffee
13 Comments

Powdered milk, even less waste

Banned

ermmmmmmm 1pint too much? if not then get one of those

Im pretty sure it goes off once opened.
I'd suggest getting those single portions? Like what they have a café's....just split the cost between the office, sorted! :thumbsup:

Cravendale lasts longer than 3 days opened.

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;6354211

you sorted your pics on your laptop yet?

Banned

birdyboyuk;6354218

Im pretty sure it goes off once opened.I'd suggest getting those single … Im pretty sure it goes off once opened.I'd suggest getting those single portions? Like what they have a café's....just split the cost between the office, sorted! :thumbsup:

good idea brah

birdyboyuk;6354218

Im pretty sure it goes off once opened.I'd suggest getting those single … Im pretty sure it goes off once opened.I'd suggest getting those single portions? Like what they have a café's....just split the cost between the office, sorted! :thumbsup:

viking-direct.co.uk/cat…ilk

yeh could do.
My kids are terrible for helping themselves to them when we in likes of Debenhams cafe etc,I'll get the cutlery and sauce and they always wanting the little pots of milk.

bykergrove;6354221

you sorted your pics on your laptop yet?

Bought a new lappy, then the old one started working again, so the new one hasn't even come out of the box lol! All pics are on pen things

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6354235

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catalog/search.do?Ntt=milk yeh could do. … http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catalog/search.do?Ntt=milk yeh could do. My kids are terrible for helping themselves to them when we in likes of Debenhams cafe etc,I'll get the cutlery and sauce and they always wanting the little pots of milk.

I work 2 days per week in an office and objected to paying onto the tea fund (£6 per month). so I keep some of those small portion milks and a few tea bags in my locker, job done. Got a box from Costco for about £5.50 so cheaper than Viking (only if you have a card)

No concessions for part time staff apparently. I did say I would happily contribute to pay for the boiled water :whistling: small team of 8. Office manager a wally

Banned

Blokes at work seem to think it's fine to leave UHT milk out on the side for a week and still use it, none of them have dropped dead yet :thumbsup:

cravendale is 7 days once opened and 20 ish days before its opened in the fridge

whatsThePoint;6354233

i use a cheap brand of Baileys, keeps in fridge until its all gone

Not really any good for the office though :-D

Lulu'sMammy;6354211

Hi.

1000% agree with this suggestion. :thumbsup:I always buy powdered milk for teas and coffees in our house. They are very cheap and last longer, got 2kg bag for £1.20 from my local asian shop. Milk is only bought for my young daughter who drinks it before she sleeps. Never tried UHT milk though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need TV package612
    2. Iceland Dr. Oetker pizza board22
    3. Men’s electric shaver56
    4. HELP with credit ratings.33

See more discussions