Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - UK Account topped up with Turkey Gold Sub converted to UK GPU

Posted 12th Oct 2021
UK Account topped up with Turkey Gold Sub converted to UK GPU

I thought I'd share a step by step guide on how to convert this Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate since the comments suggest a great deal of interest in this area:

Before you begin:
1 - Make sure your previous Games Pass Ultimate (GPU) subscription has expired/ ended.
2 - You have a VPN handy. A free one to use is Hola VPN. Test to see if it works for you before proceeding.

Step 1

If you have TopCashback use your account to get you to the CD Keys page and search for '12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP (TURKEY)'. Add 1-3 of these to your basket.

Optional Tip: I usually add everything in my basket beforehand on a website and then click on the Topcashback referral link so that I'm not trying to search for the things I need from the landing page via Topcahsback (hope that makes sense).

3806029_1.jpg

Step 2

- Complete your purchase. I bought 1 to test if this works first but later bought 2 more to make it 36 months.
- Go to redeem.microsoft.com/ and log in to your Microsoft account.

3806029_1.jpg
Step 3

- Get your code/ codes from CD Keys.
- Connect to a VPN in Turkey.
Note: I used Private Internet Access VPN for this step.

3806029_1.jpg

Step 4

- Make sure you are on the Turkey VPN.
- Redeem the code or multiple codes on redeem.microsoft.com/ (you should still be logged into your MS account from Step 2).

3806029_1.jpg
Step 5

- Check your account here to make sure your subscription has been updated.

3806029_1.jpg
Step 6

- Disconnect from the VPN
- Go to the Xbox Game Pass wite: xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass
- Click on 'Join Ultimate' (not 'See Plans')

3806029_1.jpg
Step 7

- Click on Join.
- You will have to pay £10.99 for the first month, however, all of your Xbox Live Gold balance will be converted 1:1 to GPU.
3806029_1.jpg
3806029_1.jpg
3806029_1.jpg
Step 8

- Check your MS account and give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back. You beat the machine!

Note: I turned off recurring billing at this point.

3806029_1.jpg
Conclusion:

Total cost for 3 years of GPU using this method:

- 3 x Turkish Xbox Live Gold Gift Cards @ £22.99 each
- 1 month of GPU @ £10.99
- Received £1.51 cashback from TCB

Total Cost = £78.45 equivalent to £26.15 per year!

Hope this helps others!
Community Updates
New Comment
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    cdkeys.com/xbo…-eu
    Buy the code to save a bit more can also save more buying the Brazil code and using VPN too.
    Good guide op
  2. Avatar
    Thanks for doing this, much appreciated! You say that you did 1 and then purchased 2 more when it worked. As your game pass would have been activate how did you add the other 2? Thanks in advance!
  3. Avatar
    Author
    CrimsonSilver13/10/2021 15:26

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated! You say that you did 1 and then …Thanks for doing this, much appreciated! You say that you did 1 and then purchased 2 more when it worked. As your game pass would have been activate how did you add the other 2? Thanks in advance!

I didn't activate the game pass until I added all 3 Xbox Live Gold top ups first.

I did Step 1-4 with one code. When it worked I did Steps 1-4 again twice more for the other 2 XBLG prepaid cards. The GPU conversion has to be done at the very end.
  4. Avatar
    waxsta14/10/2021 21:56

I didn't activate the game pass until I added all 3 Xbox Live Gold top ups …I didn't activate the game pass until I added all 3 Xbox Live Gold top ups first.I did Step 1-4 with one code. When it worked I did Steps 1-4 again twice more for the other 2 XBLG prepaid cards. The GPU conversion has to be done at the very end.

Thank you! Much appreciated
  5. Avatar
    thanks for this, seems to have worked a treat
  6. Avatar
    Previously I topped up a game pass membership but used my account rather than my sons. It's a long shot, but is there any way to transfer it or any other workarounds? (e.g. let him take over that account by eventually changing the username and email address?)
  7. Avatar
    Author
    neversay21/10/2021 14:54

Previously I topped up a game pass membership but used my account rather …Previously I topped up a game pass membership but used my account rather than my sons. It's a long shot, but is there any way to transfer it or any other workarounds? (e.g. let him take over that account by eventually changing the username and email address?)

No way to transfer the account. But you can change the gamer tag once for free.
  8. Avatar
    waxsta22/10/2021 00:02

No way to transfer the account. But you can change the gamer tag once for …No way to transfer the account. But you can change the gamer tag once for free.

Many thanks!
  9. Avatar
    Still works as of 30th October. Thanks so much for the guide. I did have a little squeaky bum moment when it said my Gold subscription was from another region, however it's because the GPU link above is for the US page not the UK one. Going to the UK one manually displayed the £10.99 and all worked through. Thanks again!
  10. Avatar
    Author
    KnackeredParrot30/10/2021 21:58

Still works as of 30th October. Thanks so much for the guide. I did have a …Still works as of 30th October. Thanks so much for the guide. I did have a little squeaky bum moment when it said my Gold subscription was from another region, however it's because the GPU link above is for the US page not the UK one. Going to the UK one manually displayed the £10.99 and all worked through. Thanks again!

You're welcome. Yes you have to do it that way I found:

- Go to the Xbox Game Pass wite: xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass
    - Click on 'Join Ultimate' (not 'See Plans')

The second statement I mentioned for that step specifically states click on Join Ultimate. If you click on See Plans it takes you to the US site or something. Microsoft's websites are all over the place, very disjointed. Poor user experience in all honesty. But thanks for verifying that it still works.
  11. Avatar
    Author
    KnackeredParrot30/10/2021 21:58

Still works as of 30th October. Thanks so much for the guide. I did have a …Still works as of 30th October. Thanks so much for the guide. I did have a little squeaky bum moment when it said my Gold subscription was from another region, however it's because the GPU link above is for the US page not the UK one. Going to the UK one manually displayed the £10.99 and all worked through. Thanks again!

I've changed the link to point to the GB site. Hopefully, this should avoid confusion.
  12. Avatar
    Has this work around stopped working now? I''m getting a region error when converting to ultimate.
  13. Avatar
    I have region error as well
  14. Avatar
    Was going to try this but is it no longer working?
  15. Avatar
    So this is confirmed no longer working?
  16. Avatar
    Still works :-)
  17. Avatar
    Does this still work?

I've had gamepass with pound upgrade when I got my series x. Been saving reward points and was going to buy gold from them. But only got. 9 months worth probably 12 by end ofthis month. I read its better to use points on other things.
    I also had my console with a bundle with 3 months gpu, which I have not used way back in July 21.

So what would my best option be?
    I assume buy 2* 12months. As you can't go past 36 months.
    and use the 3 months
    total of 27 months. Can i bump it up more?
    Edited by: "lee.parsons" 1st Mar
  18. Avatar
    HI, I can see ultimate pass is available for £1 for 1 month. Can I buy gold pass through cdkeys and use the GPU offer to extend my subscription to ultimate for 1 year.
    Or do I have to pay 10.99 after 1st month.
    Thanks
  19. Avatar
    Author
    maxi8215/03/2022 13:38

HI, I can see ultimate pass is available for £1 for 1 month. Can I buy …HI, I can see ultimate pass is available for £1 for 1 month. Can I buy gold pass through cdkeys and use the GPU offer to extend my subscription to ultimate for 1 year. Or do I have to pay 10.99 after 1st month.Thanks

Don't activate the £1 deal for gpu. Instead go through my steps and stack up however many years (max 3) of xbox live gold then activate gpu for £1. It will then convert all of your existing xbox live gold to gpu for £1.
  20. Avatar
    waxsta16/03/2022 07:47

Don't activate the £1 deal for gpu. Instead go through my steps and stack …Don't activate the £1 deal for gpu. Instead go through my steps and stack up however many years (max 3) of xbox live gold then activate gpu for £1. It will then convert all of your existing xbox live gold to gpu for £1.

Thanks but stupidly I bought 1 gold first and then activated GPU. Then bought another gold and it only gave me 5 months of gpu rather 12. Do you think if I buy £1 to activate it would give me full 24 months?
    Edited by: "maxi82" 16th Mar
  21. Avatar
    Thanks!
  22. Avatar
    Worked great, thanks.
  23. Avatar
    Author
    maxi8216/03/2022 08:25

Thanks but stupidly I bought 1 gold first and then activated GPU. Then …Thanks but stupidly I bought 1 gold first and then activated GPU. Then bought another gold and it only gave me 5 months of gpu rather 12. Do you think if I buy £1 to activate it would give me full 24 months?

You've hit the xbox live gold to gpu conversion. You have to wait for gpu to expire BEFOREHAND. Then stack up on xbox live gold without any gpu time remaining, and only then can you get a 1:1 conversion of xbox live gold months to GPU. Do not activate any more GPU codes/ purchases.

47134374-VHXdk.jpg
  24. Avatar
    Cheers for this guide @waxsta - my GPU runs out tomorrow, so I will be making good use of it very soon!
  25. Avatar
    Just followed this guide, using TURGAME via Eneba (discount XN3), as CDKeys is OOS, and it worked just fine

I was a little disappointed that you can't take advantage of the current £1 trial price, so instead of wasting £11, I used some Rewards points to get a 1 month of GPU code.

Cheers @waxsta
  26. Avatar
    If I get this, will my children on the Xbox be able to share the benefits. I.e. online play. I presume they download the game on my account and then it'd be available to us all?

Also I have an old 360 that I've been meaning to set up for the kinect games. Will this have access to the online stuff too?
  27. Avatar
    StevenRogers08/04/2022 16:53

If I get this, will my children on the Xbox be able to share the benefits. …If I get this, will my children on the Xbox be able to share the benefits. I.e. online play. I presume they download the game on my account and then it'd be available to us all? Also I have an old 360 that I've been meaning to set up for the kinect games. Will this have access to the online stuff too?

Once you're done, you have a UK GPU subscription, and anything you can do with that.
  28. Avatar
    StevenRogers08/04/2022 16:53

If I get this, will my children on the Xbox be able to share the benefits. …If I get this, will my children on the Xbox be able to share the benefits. I.e. online play. I presume they download the game on my account and then it'd be available to us all? Also I have an old 360 that I've been meaning to set up for the kinect games. Will this have access to the online stuff too?

There are rumours of a game pass family plan in the works, so might be worth holding off until then.

My GPU runs out in November (2 year all access) so hopefully this still works or 4 "family" members want in
  29. Avatar
    BubaMan08/04/2022 10:28

Just followed this guide, using TURGAME via Eneba (discount XN3), as …Just followed this guide, using TURGAME via Eneba (discount XN3), as CDKeys is OOS, and it worked just fine (y)I was a little disappointed that you can't take advantage of the current £1 trial price, so instead of wasting £11, I used some Rewards points to get a 1 month of GPU code.Cheers @waxsta

Good to read this! Mines up next month, just wanted to check, some users have reported having to purchase a month of GPU from the country their Xbox Live codes were purchased from. You just purchased yours as normal? No VPN etc? Cheers @BubaMan !
  30. Avatar
    arctixx09/04/2022 09:35

Good to read this! Mines up next month, just wanted to check, some users …Good to read this! Mines up next month, just wanted to check, some users have reported having to purchase a month of GPU from the country their Xbox Live codes were purchased from. You just purchased yours as normal? No VPN etc? Cheers @BubaMan !

Yeah - a VPN was only required for redeeming the code... Everything else was done as normal.
  31. Avatar
    Great guide, thanks.

Just used this for 3 years ultimate.
  32. Avatar
    This worked for me today. Thanks for the guide.
  33. Avatar
    This worked for me 2 years all set up ta
  34. Avatar
    Will this work on PC or only Xbox?
  35. Avatar
    waxsta13/05/2022 15:06

Yes. It includes PC GPU and Xbox GPU

Ok thank you, I was after PC only but will just give this a go as I don’t have xbox
  36. Avatar
    Author
    Robert248613/05/2022 23:05

Ok thank you, I was after PC only but will just give this a go as I don’t h …Ok thank you, I was after PC only but will just give this a go as I don’t have xbox

Check if the PC only game pass ultimate is cheaper
  37. Avatar
    Perfect guide - three years of GPU via Xbox Live for £65.80 (12 x £5.40 3 months Xbox Live + £1 to convert), so £21.93 a year.
  38. Avatar
    Okey my experience. If you cannot buy game pass ultimate on Microsoft store, because of different region, you can bought code to reedom on cdkeys. But to me only worldwide. And if you set your Microsoft account to Turkey, take it back. Then you should to have your Xbox game pass ultimate:)
  39. Avatar
    Altarf14/05/2022 16:50

Perfect guide - three years of GPU via Xbox Live for £65.80 (12 x £5.40 3 m …Perfect guide - three years of GPU via Xbox Live for £65.80 (12 x £5.40 3 months Xbox Live + £1 to convert), so £21.93 a year.

hi, how did you do this? what sites did you use etc?
Post a comment
Top Merchants