Groups

UK Allowances by MP *not a deal but important to see how greedy these people are*

More than a million printed documents and receipts have been scanned electronically over the last year in a major publishing operation to make information on MPs' allowances freely available to the public online. These relate to MPs' claims dating back to 2004/05 and up to 2007/08.

mpsallowances.parliament.uk/mps…mp/

We pay to cut Gordon Brown's grass... £35 - £40 per time.
    mpsallowances.parliament.uk/mps…by-
    mp/gordon-brown

31 Comments

This is what the misc section is for.

Original Poster

hmm

it was meant to go into MISC.

Can a mod move it to misc and un-expire please

Attention seeking post :thinking:

Original Poster

Shambles;5523103

Attention seeking post :thinking:

yes

Bring attention to the fact how greedy these people are.

If u or i were to do it, we would be fired.. even imprisoned.

These guys do it and we give them more money!!!

Python5;5523109

yesBring attention to the fact how greedy these people are.If u or i were … yesBring attention to the fact how greedy these people are.If u or i were to do it, we would be fired.. even imprisoned.These guys do it and we give them more money!!!

But it's not a deal so why post it in the deals section? And don't claim it was a mistake....

Original Poster

if you dont like the post.. DONT POST ON IT

Simple as

Admin

Moved now

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;5523180

Moved now

Thanks mate

Banned

Python5;5523109

yesBring attention to the fact how greedy these people are.If u or i were … yesBring attention to the fact how greedy these people are.If u or i were to do it, we would be fired.. even imprisoned.These guys do it and we give them more money!!!

That's not quite true though is it. In most cases they went by the rules when claiming expenses, which wouldn't get anyone fired or imprisoned.

Some have done some questionable things but let's be fair.

Original Poster

excellent,

i fancy a bugatti veyron.

ill just get it authorised :-)

Banned

Python5;5523269

excellent,i fancy a bugatti veyron.ill just get it authorised :-)

And if the person who administers your expenses says it's okay then you won't have broken any rules or laws.:thumbsup:

Admin

I don't think it's really about the rules and laws and what they're allowed to do, it's about normal people struggling in this economic climate whilst MPs claim expenses for unnecessary things.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5523281

And if the person who administers your expenses says it's okay then you … And if the person who administers your expenses says it's okay then you won't have broken any rules or laws.:thumbsup:

And if you make the rules on what you can claim, even better :thumbsup:

Banned

Python5;5523143

if you dont like the post.. DONT POST ON ITSimple as

If you can't stick to the rules in your desperate bid for attention - DON'T POST!

Python5;5523143

if you dont like the post.. DONT POST ON ITSimple as

you are making yourself look a bit of a tool

Banned

boothy;5523658

you are making yourself look a bit of a tool

I hope you don't get infracted for that, because you are 100% correct.

Banned

colinsunderland;5523577

And if you make the rules on what you can claim, even better :thumbsup:

It is, but you have to remember that you can't be seen to give yourself a pay rise in line with private sector wages because then there would be a public outcry, so a backdoor compensation route is a good idea...until the public find out and then outrage will ensue.

Original Poster

ooo touchy,

obviously people dont like the facts juliet_bravo

Banned

Python5;5523968

ooo touchy, obviously people dont like the facts juliet_bravo

Absolutely agree - it's the root of many of these problems.

Dont blame the player...............:thumbsup:

kungfu;5523994

Dont blame the player...............:thumbsup:

exactly,sure most of us would have done the same,I know I would,

boothy;5524046

exactly,sure most of us would have done the same,I know I would,

lol yep id be claiming everything i could :thumbsup:

kungfu;5524062

lol yep id be claiming everything i could :thumbsup:

big time!!!!

of course I am sure someone in this thread wouldn't.....

Original Poster

hey, i dont dis-agree with you, if the option was there i would more than likely take it also.

But i see it in a different light when the country is on its back legs with debt and over 2.5million people are jobless.

It just sickens me, i was reading through the main MP's and its just lazyness most of it

Banned

If it is all above board and only what they where entitled to claim why are they all resigning?

awaits getting my head bittin off

This reminds me, I'm supposed to be booking a train today for something work related next month. It's you guys who'll be footing the bill of my expenses claim, so, I just wanted to say thanks. Now, should I go for that first class seat?

Original Poster

sassie;5524205

If it is all above board and only what they where entitled to claim why … If it is all above board and only what they where entitled to claim why are they all resigning?awaits getting my head bittin off

thats it, you took the words right out of my mouth

Original Poster

dxx;5524224

This reminds me, I'm supposed to be booking a train today for something … This reminds me, I'm supposed to be booking a train today for something work related next month. It's you guys who'll be footing the bill of my expenses claim, so, I just wanted to say thanks. Now, should I go for that first class seat?

YES

lol

dxx;5524224

This reminds me, I'm supposed to be booking a train today for something … This reminds me, I'm supposed to be booking a train today for something work related next month. It's you guys who'll be footing the bill of my expenses claim, so, I just wanted to say thanks. Now, should I go for that first class seat?

yep,go for it

Banned

sassie;5524205

If it is all above board and only what they where entitled to claim why … If it is all above board and only what they where entitled to claim why are they all resigning?awaits getting my head bittin off

Seperate issue entirely.

I think the main problem has been that politicians think the general public are too stupid to have an open and honest discussion with. That means they assumed they could get away with topping up their wages with these expenses.

When you look at personal debt and then the governments handling of the economy, you realise that this country really does have the government it deserves.

Python5;5524236

YESlol

boothy;5524240

yep,go for it

Cheers for the support, guys. I'll get booking now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563839
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047197
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.33
      4. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News44

See more discussions