UK Contactless Limit to be raised to £45 on 01/04/2020

Groups

16 Comments
Pointless if you can’t get £45 worth of food
But stores can still set their own limit? Tesco have £30 for Apple Pay but other places have much higher limits
shadowfall24/03/2020 10:44

But stores can still set their own limit? Tesco have £30 for Apple Pay but …But stores can still set their own limit? Tesco have £30 for Apple Pay but other places have much higher limits

apple pay has no limit.. this post is regarding actual cards.
About time.
SmokinAce724/03/2020 10:49

apple pay has no limit.. this post is regarding actual cards.

That’s correct. Although my tesco store still sets a cap for Apple payments at £30. It’s the only store I’ve come across that does this, but that they certainly do. It’s bloody annoying. Especially when you’re wanting to avoid/minimise touch areas as much as possible right now!
Edited by: "clairebear090" 24th Mar
clairebear09024/03/2020 12:09

That’s correct. Although my tesco store still sets a cap for Apple p …That’s correct. Although my tesco store still sets a cap for Apple payments at £30. It’s the only store I’ve come across that does this, but that they certainly do. It’s bloody annoying. Especially when you’re wanting to avoid/minimise touch areas as much as possible right now!

Link your card to Tesco pay plus, no limit when paying for shopping on that.

That’s correct. Although my tesco store still sets a cap for Apple p …That’s correct. Although my tesco store still sets a cap for Apple payments at £30. It’s the only store I’ve come across that does this, but that they certainly do. It’s bloody annoying. Especially when you’re wanting to avoid/minimise touch areas as much as possible right now!

Tesco do it to promote their own Pay Plus app.

As others as said use pay+.. its contactless also with no limit and does your clubcard at the same time.
Anyone's Santander card stop being contactless? Both mine don't work
MichyM24/03/2020 13:08

Link your card to Tesco pay plus, no limit when paying for shopping on …Link your card to Tesco pay plus, no limit when paying for shopping on that.

Ohhhh I didn’t know that. Makes sense now for self promotion. I don’t usually shop at Tesco tbh, but current circumstances mean you shop where you get food!
Why wait til 01/04
mikeportsmouth24/03/2020 23:55

Why wait til 01/04

I would presume it’s to give everyone chance to update their systems to accept the new limit.
Big_Rik24/03/2020 17:03

Anyone's Santander card stop being contactless? Both mine don't work

I had a problem with my (TSB) debit card. It refused a £2 contactless purchase. I was told that this can happen if you don't use your PIN occasionally. So I went to a hole in the wall to use Card Services to unlock it (no option for it). That same day I used it, contactless, in another store (I'd forgotten) and it went through without any bother. (Seems that just using my PIN in the machine was enough to satisfy it.)
fablanta25/03/2020 12:50

I had a problem with my (TSB) debit card. It refused a £2 contactless …I had a problem with my (TSB) debit card. It refused a £2 contactless purchase. I was told that this can happen if you don't use your PIN occasionally. So I went to a hole in the wall to use Card Services to unlock it (no option for it). That same day I used it, contactless, in another store (I'd forgotten) and it went through without any bother. (Seems that just using my PIN in the machine was enough to satisfy it.)

That is definitely a TSB measure only all my other cards work without using my pin for months
cliosport6525/03/2020 21:22

That is definitely a TSB measure only all my other cards work without …That is definitely a TSB measure only all my other cards work without using my pin for months

Mine did too.
Starling bank also have this measure..my other half had same issue. it's for security.....you can use 3 times in a day before you need to put your pin in....I think it resets before you need to put your pin in....Banks should stop this feature in the short term.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants