Expired

UK Courier that doesn't need a label printing?

Found 19th Aug 2013
I have bought something from a person who is a technophobe. I was going to arrange a courier via MyHermes but the bloke doesn't have a printer. Short of me printing it off and sending it to him I wondered if there were any cheap couriers that would allow me to pay for a courier to collect from the seller?

The seller is happy to send Royal Mail but with their new pricing it is almost half the price of the goods @ £14+

8 Comments

I sent something through parcel to go before and at the moment of printing my ink decided to run out......I just used an A4 sized piece of paper and wrote everything on that including the barcode numbers etc and the man who picked it up just manually entered the numbers

Banned

If you use City Link via Interparcel they do not require a label. The driver puts the label on himself, just needs your addressw riting somewhere.

Good luck.

I no if you use parcelforce you can request that they bring labels.

Yes you can choose weather you want to print or for the driver to bring the labels with parcel force nd look out for discount codes on tcb.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The CityLink via Interparcel seems good for price.

Having thought about it it maybe easier for the seller if I do go via MyHermes and send a label for him to stick on the parcel and take to his nearest MyHermes drop-off point. I presume that if I do this he doesn't have to drop it off on a specific day? I've gone through the booking process and it doesn't seem to make me choose a drop-off day.

EDIT : I found the answer to my own question from MyHermes

"If you have used your myHermes account to request a ParcelShop drop off, you must drop your parcel with in 7 days of making the request, otherwise the ParcelShop will refuse to accept it. If this occurs, please >Contact Us< to re arrange a new drop off request."
Edited by: "Searcher2" 19th Aug 2013

Ipostparcels.com (UKMail) they will bring you labels also use the code WELCOME159 for 15% off and with them your purchasing the service directly from them not a third party company

They also do timed collection

Edited by: "cthisi" 19th Aug 2013

Go through parcel monkey and use DX. No label printing, they bring a bag, about £10 for up to 10kg

I use ipostparcels ALOT I preffer them 2 any other.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.