Groups

UK Debt is £3.8Trillion nearly double that UK GDP

Link in reply....

17 Comments

Original Poster

Article...

Wonder if we'll learn to live within our means....

probably never in this never never land of conspicuous consumption

Banned

paying debt = more debt

Who are we in debt to?

odriscoll

Who are we in debt to?

Me. I accept paypal gift if you want to make repayments directly.

Some Africans are holding a huge concert to wipe Britains debt.

Nice of em.

micoo

Me. I accept paypal gift if you want to make repayments directly.

lol on form tonight X)

i think my missus run most of that up !

This is quite an interesting read. (US debt instead of the UK though)

Link

Link2

Original Poster

£3,800,000,000,000 debt

61,000,000 population

= £62,000 per person....

Google the word Zeitgeist and watch the two videos and see how money has no value. The federal bank in the US own everything and are the cause for eveything they created Debt so everyone would depend on them. The twin towers was blown up with bombs starting from the bottom going up by CIA.
    And they blamed it on so called terrorists. They created the word terrorists so they could shift the spotlight off them so people wouldnt catch on to what they are doing. Good to watch

Banned

elena17484

Google the word Zeitgeist and watch the two videos and see how money has … Google the word Zeitgeist and watch the two videos and see how money has no value. The federal bank in the US own everything and are the cause for eveything they created Debt so everyone would depend on them. The twin towers was blown up with bombs starting from the bottom going up by CIA.And they blamed it on so called terrorists. They created the word terrorists so they could shift the spotlight off them so people wouldnt catch on to what they are doing. Good to watch

this is what i was referring to, i think so anyway, forget the name of the video. its a vicious circle. if debt didnt exist neither would money. 3rd world countries suffer because of it

Banned

elena17484

Google the word Zeitgeist and watch the two videos and see how money has … Google the word Zeitgeist and watch the two videos and see how money has no value. The federal bank in the US own everything and are the cause for eveything they created Debt so everyone would depend on them. The twin towers was blown up with bombs starting from the bottom going up by CIA.And they blamed it on so called terrorists. They created the word terrorists so they could shift the spotlight off them so people wouldnt catch on to what they are doing. Good to watch

and completely fictitious from start to finish. I was fooled when I first watched these films but proper research proved it was all a load of conspiracy theorist crap just like fahrenheit 911 & Loose change. The federal reserve is owned by the American state just like the Bank of England is owned by us.

Lets not go there huh?

Banned

anyway, £2.9Trillion of the £3.8 Trillion is an estimate of the financial black hole being created by paying public service workers a final salary pension so its not a real debt as such.

Best solution is to stop final salary pension schemes (for new employee) or allow employees to pay for their own, just as happens in practically all the private sector now.

Banned

odriscoll

Who are we in debt to?

people who lend the government money (e.g. people like you and me who may take out government bonds etc, mainly its the Chinese though lol), hence why our AAA credit rating is crucial for our economy.

The article and this thread are fully of the usual misleading statistics that always come out in support of an attack on public sector pensions and spending.

It's an amalgamation of true debt with projected payments for years in advance wrapped up in speculatory estimates.

Pensions are not benefits they are deferred wages.

If so many companies had not been allowed to take pension holidays by the governments of the time.

If we did not continue to waste money in illegal wars.

If we did not subsidise through tax breaks the true "Gold Plated" pensions of the wealthy

we would easily reduce this debt while maintained safe and modern health care, properly equipped modern schools for our children and essential services for those most vulnerable in our society.

Banned

Plum

The article and this thread are fully of the usual misleading statistics … The article and this thread are fully of the usual misleading statistics that always come out in support of an attack on public sector pensions and spending.It's an amalgamation of true debt with projected payments for years in advance wrapped up in speculatory estimates.Pensions are not benefits they are deferred wages. If so many companies had not been allowed to take pension holidays by the governments of the time. If we did not continue to waste money in illegal wars.If we did not subsidise through tax breaks the true "Gold Plated" pensions of the wealthy we would easily reduce this debt while maintained safe and modern health care, properly equipped modern schools for our children and essential services for those most vulnerable in our society.

Odd that you say I was misleading when you basically confirmed what I had stated about the debt calculations

I agree that it was ridiculous that companies were allowed to take pension holidays in the good times and also about the illegal wars

I disagree that pulling out of them would easily remove the debt. The sad fact remains that final salary pensions are unsustainable in the public sector.

The entire defence budget is less than the interest payments alone on the debt

Banned

elena17484

Hey Dark Knight. I've found you a play mate.

Inb4 London Underground bombings were a coverup also.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1123
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2921011
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp68
      4. What is there free to do in your town?914

See more discussions