Groups

uk holiday for family of 5 ?

Where's the best place to book a uk family holiday,august time.As Bultins skegness is too high in price im now looking for alternatives,need holiday idea's similar to butlins just for entertainment.upto 250 miles radius of newcastle
    Thanks all

15 Comments

We've been to a few haven sites which are great and have loads of different family entertainment on offer.Our favourite is Hendra in Newquay(probably too far for you though).Its lovely,the caravans are all updated regularly and super clean etc. The site is lovely with a great indoor and outdoor pool.The family entertainment is great- my children prefer coming here than anywhere else we have been.

Try Hoseasons - they have lots of holiday parks all over the country (they are an agents for many ) Haven and Parkdean resorts are the two biggest static park operators .

The way I do it ? use an OS map or Google maps in the area you want to go , then go to the website of the place you've found and check out the facilities and prices .

beth25

We've been to a few haven sites which are great and have loads of … We've been to a few haven sites which are great and have loads of different family entertainment on offer.Our favourite is Hendra in Newquay(probably too far for you though).Its lovely,the caravans are all updated regularly and super clean etc. The site is lovely with a great indoor and outdoor pool.The family entertainment is great- my children prefer coming here than anywhere else we have been.

Just been looking at Hendra - I don't believe its a Haven site anymore , but looks reasonable (its on Hoseasons ).

rogparki

Just been looking at Hendra - I don't believe its a Haven site anymore , … Just been looking at Hendra - I don't believe its a Haven site anymore , but looks reasonable (its on Hoseasons ).

I've always booked directly through Hendra. Its a great family friendly place .

Original Poster

Spot on ,thanks for the replies.I'll check them out

If you are thinking Skegness have a look at Captain bluebells farm.

Try here breakfreeholidays.co.uk . Could do worse than Woolacombe in Devon or Portmadog area of Wales.
    Edited by: "marty-401" 14th Apr

marty-401

Try here https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk . Could do worse than … Try here https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk . Could do worse than Woolacombe in Devon or Portmadog area of Wales.

Breakfree Hols (apart from when they are an intermediary for the cheap newspaper deals) are poor . Just a link to the major operators websites . Bourne leisure (Butlins, Haven ) and Parkdean resorts etc . You can actually get much better deals from the main players themselves (Butlins , Haven or Parkdean resorts etc ). Check it out marty -401 , hope I've helped you and others .:)

Park Resorts also offer a good selection of holiday parks with entertainment included, they have static caravans and most of the sites have camping/touring aswell. We have stayed at one of the Isle of Wight ones (this is obviously too far for you but there are about 4/5 in the north east areasked​) many times and now my grandchildren love going too. There's always plenty to do, with swimming pools, kids clubs, evening entertainment for both kids n adults, competitions, sporting events/competitions arcades to name a few things and there are plenty of places to visit off site if wanted.N.B Park Dean and Park Resorts are different companies, hope this might help and you find somewhere soon and enjoy your holiday.

Rhyl.
    All yours family of 5.

Beverley Holidays, Goodrington, Devon. Good spot

mattsmartderby

Beverley Holidays, Goodrington, Devon. Good spot

Although 389 miles - sorry

rogparki

Just been looking at Hendra - I don't believe its a Haven site anymore , … Just been looking at Hendra - I don't believe its a Haven site anymore , but looks reasonable (its on Hoseasons ).

Hendra is crap I went last year

Haggison castle is or was a haven. Which is close to Berwick. Not to far from Newcastle and half way to Edinburgh for a day or to out.

marty-401

Try here https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk . Could do worse than … Try here https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk . Could do worse than Woolacombe in Devon or Portmadog area of Wales.

I love Wollacombe & Portmadog!! Great recommendations for a family.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?55
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1155
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?11
      4. breakfree holiday passwords67

See more discussions