UK Home Office allows mobile phone passport photos

Posted 14th Sep 2020
gov.uk/app…ort

For Adult passport renewals and pictures that do not need to be countersigned.

Only found out about this as i was renewing passport
Community Updates
9 Comments
Discovered that a while ago when updating driving licence. Thank god! Not before time. People are perfectly capable of taking a decent photo these days without spending a tenner!
My last passport renewal last year was from a selfie pic uploaded
Nat_urally14/09/2020 08:51

Discovered that a while ago when updating driving licence. Thank god! Not …Discovered that a while ago when updating driving licence. Thank god! Not before time. People are perfectly capable of taking a decent photo these days without spending a tenner!

You would very surprised at some of things that have been sent to the Home Office.

I used this when I last renewed my passport. Submitted my application and had my new passport with my within a week. Excellent service!
Yep since you could do online passports. Background needs to be white or cream which most households have on walls anyway

People are perfectly capable of taking a decent photo these days without …People are perfectly capable of taking a decent photo these days without spending a tenner!

Judging by some of the photos on eBay as well as car listing websites, there are plenty who struggle.
HappyShopper14/09/2020 11:38

Judging by some of the photos on eBay as well as car listing websites, …Judging by some of the photos on eBay as well as car listing websites, there are plenty who struggle.

yeah fair enough actually! Maybe just need an IQ above room temperature!

Discovered that a while ago when updating driving licence. Thank god! Not …Discovered that a while ago when updating driving licence. Thank god! Not before time. People are perfectly capable of taking a decent photo these days without spending a tenner!

Your optimism about people's capability to take an acceptable passport photo is sadly misplaced. I have heard far too many horror / comedy stories from someone who works there. It also demonstrates the inability of many to understand basic instructions in English.
bozo00714/09/2020 12:42

Your optimism about people's capability to take an acceptable passport …Your optimism about people's capability to take an acceptable passport photo is sadly misplaced. I have heard far too many horror / comedy stories from someone who works there. It also demonstrates the inability of many to understand basic instructions in English.

I sorely wish you weren’t correct!
I would love to hear some of these stories!
Nat_urally14/09/2020 12:52

I sorely wish you weren’t correct! I would love to hear some of t … I sorely wish you weren’t correct! I would love to hear some of these stories!

Let's start with the definition of "white" background. Does it mean a "white wallpaper with small blue flowers" on it is acceptable? It is mostly white after all. Or a weirdly coloured wall with a bad whitewash in Photoshop?
Post a comment
@
    Text