UK mobile phone

Found 15th Dec 2017
I am after a mobile phone for my wife, I have seen the mega thread, and Currys right now seems to have some decent price. Budget no more than £200, i am looking at the Motorola G5S 32GB, Sony Xperia XA1. The deal breaker is the camera quality, the Sony comes with a 23 MP camera compared to 12MP from the Motorola, but i have read some bad reviews on the Sony about the screen not working properly etc. What would you take, or do you know any other model that would compare to these 2 (I don't want anything from China please) TIA
Community Updates
AskMobile
8 Comments
Snap but in my case, for my son. You mention the same phones I am looking at. Have you looked at GSMarena.com for comparison data? Will be interested to hear your conclusion. I love Sony kit but have a long, successful history of being happy with Moto G series phones. Sensible prices for reasonable performance.
ccnp1 m ago

Snap but in my case, for my son. You mention the same phones I am looking …Snap but in my case, for my son. You mention the same phones I am looking at. Have you looked at GSMarena.com for comparison data? Will be interested to hear your conclusion. I love Sony kit but have a long, successful history of being happy with Moto G series phones. Sensible prices for reasonable performance.

Hopefully somebody will come with some good advice
All the top cameras are 12mp.. It how the photo is rendered not the pixel count. With the new ai chips that are promised its going to improve camera pictures. Be interesting when Google turn on the camera chip in the pixel 2 + 2xl... So don't go on pixels alone. There is more to it than that
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
I would personally go with Motorola. The last time I bought a budget Sony smartphone (4 years ago though, Sony Xperia Miro) it was laggy as anything and I haven’t gone back to Sony since.

My grandmother has a Moto G4 and the camera on that is good. She’s never had any problems with it either.
Thanks guys, at the end i went for this
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Was thinking of an LG G4 on ebay refurbished, but i just want the peace of mind if something goes wrong with the phone
J
Depends on the budget is and what the primary goals are.. as in what you intend to use it for. For example, my current note 4 phone is perfect for me in everywhere. The only reason is update it to a different model would be the clearer screen quality.. or better camera.
Mandroid57856 m ago

Depends on the budget is and what the primary goals are.. as in what you …Depends on the budget is and what the primary goals are.. as in what you intend to use it for. For example, my current note 4 phone is perfect for me in everywhere. The only reason is update it to a different model would be the clearer screen quality.. or better camera.

The phone is for my wife, she use it for calls and texting obviously, she spends time on Facebook and Instagram so she like to take pictures too, she does not play games. I think the Moto will be more than adequate, yes i would love to buy a Google Pixel or a the latest iPhone, but i haven't got that sort of money unfortunately
jeannot183 m ago

The phone is for my wife, she use it for calls and texting obviously, she …The phone is for my wife, she use it for calls and texting obviously, she spends time on Facebook and Instagram so she like to take pictures too, she does not play games. I think the Moto will be more than adequate, yes i would love to buy a Google Pixel or a the latest iPhone, but i haven't got that sort of money unfortunately

That makes sense. For general use that is a good phone for the money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions