UK Passport Renewal

Found 22nd May
Hi everyone, so my brothers passport needs renewing he has a child passport except now he's 18 so he's gonna need a adult passport. I've filled out the passport form from post office as normal but I'm unsure if I need to send his child passport in the envelope with the renewal form as it doesn't say so anywhere just was unsure thanks everyone!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
He doesn't need to renew until it expires gov.uk/app…ort
I renewed my son's passport earlier this year. His changed from child to adult. I sent the old one in and they sent it back cancelled a few days later
Firstly, make sure that his passport has definitely expired. Child uk passports are valid for 5 years from date of issue, if he got his passport when he was 16+ then that is valid for 10 yrs.
so if he got his passport at 15 he can use it until he’s 20.
Ifyou’re unsure, post here his date of birth and the date his current child passport was issued.
If it’s definitely, definitely expired I’d enclose the old passport as well and they’ll return it duly cancelled.
Renew on line, so much easier, photos don't need countersigning unless he can't can't be recognised from old passport photo.
Thanks for the replys! And yes his passport has expired two months ago but will enclose his current passport as it's a safer option just to be sure thanks again
Manny501 h, 10 m ago

Thanks for the replys! And yes his passport has expired two months ago but …Thanks for the replys! And yes his passport has expired two months ago but will enclose his current passport as it's a safer option just to be sure thanks again

It's a safer option to do something they don't tell you to do?
I’ve just done mine and they asked for it so I would recommend as they most likely send it back once it’s done.
A good old fashioned telephone call to any passport office should give you the correct information....
Old passport needs to be returned with the application.
Why don’t you call them to ask.. like don’t relay on what people say on here
If passports are filled in incorrectly or if there’s something missing then that’s just going to delay the whole process and take extra extra long....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants