Posted 10 May 2018

UK retailer Gameseek have gone into liquidation

As expected their website is down. They have sent out a letter to customers explaining the situation, It also looks like a lot of customers are going to lose out on the money they used to pay for items from Gameseek

2938018.jpg
Tweets from customers...

2938018.jpg
[Credit: Eurogamer] - Letter and Tweets

Community Updates
New Comment

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Happy to see this disgusting example of a retailer fade away.
    Man that's bad news. Gameseek *have* been great until now. Had never let me down. There is still plenty others around online to make it a competitive market place at least.
    never ordered from these as i seen so many complaints on hukd wasn't worth the hassle to save the odd £
    Loubou10/05/2018 18:25

I’ve bought some arts and crafts stuff from them

AKA Nintendo Labo ?
    BillySollox11th May 2018

I pre ordered Zelda Breath Of The Wild for the Wii U from GameseekIt …I pre ordered Zelda Breath Of The Wild for the Wii U from GameseekIt arrived on launch day, as promised.Amazon couldn't deliver that game to lots of peeps that pre-ordered it.Just saying.

Amazon still exist.

Just saying.
    Feel bad for people who ordered from them and are going to lose money but don’t feel anything for gameseek. They decided to choose the wrong path. Those virtual stocks they were putting on sale and dodgy delivery frameworks finally got them.
    Assume no-ones going to win that big £1300 multi-competition they started months ago (which was likely just a massive scam to get people interacting/engaging with their website)
    It is only free until Friday......

Shame. I recently ordered a blu ray from their eBay site. When it failed to arrived I queried them, and after making checks they agreed it was probably lost and offered a refund. However they didn't refund for a week, and when I contacted them they wanted to carry out further attempts to locate the disc. I insisted it was pointless, and they eventually refunded my money. Guess they were running into difficulties by then.
    Makemefamous10/05/2018 17:51

https://twitter.com/chroniclesofbap/status/994587256190128128?s=21oh boy

That's not good... And Eurogamer have asked for the info too. Can't see them keeping it under their hats!
    GameSeek have messed me about in the past. Had some things come ok and a dispute which I cannot remember the details. As per I feel for the victims the customers with no item and money they are fighting to get back, also a bit sorry for some of the employees they probably had that worked hard to earn their bread and butter.
    Only found out about this today
    Not good another game outlet going, but having said that, not going to miss them.

They have let me down multiple times in the past and were downright rude avbout it.

Still, there were some good deals to be had at times. Got a few 'cyclonic' deals around Christmas. Mario Odyssey for £29.99 being the best.
    In all honesty I'm not surprised we don't see this more on here. The very nature of this site, promoting deals, often they can come from sites operating very close to the margin of profitability/solvency.
    I'm sure the proposed Liquidators will advise any customers but if anyone has placed orders using debit cards they can make claims via their bank. Visa / Mastercard have their own schemes and anyone paying via PayPal can raise a claim.
    It's a shame. I've ordered from them numerous times and never had a problem.
    I pre-ordered Spyro Remastered with them

Thankfully, I paid via PayPal and was still within the 45 day Buyer Protection time limit. I have just opened the dispute, and it has already been escalated to a claim (I assume that's because company email addresses aren't working and PayPal must have received a failure message when they attempted to contact). Fingers crossed that my claim will be approved.
    Wongy11110/05/2018 16:38

Great!

What is? "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®"?
    Wongy11110/05/2018 16:38

deleted1781210/05/2018 16:46

Great!What is? "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®"?

Wongy11110/05/2018 16:49

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/steam-yet-another-zombie-defense-free-stea …https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/steam-yet-another-zombie-defense-free-steam-store-2937704

OK. Thanks. Are you going to tell Gameseek, or shall I?
    I’ve bought some arts and crafts stuff from them cheap via their eBay site. They had some good prices.
    i ordered from Gameseek through amazon and already raised A-to-Z guarantee claim.

Gameseek have sent me the letter but I hope i will get my money back from amazon uk (edited)
    noahsdad10/05/2018 21:26

AKA Nintendo Labo ?

Lol! No! Gameseek sold games but they also sold arts & crafts supplies. I bought paints and markers from them at great prices. They started selling some random stuff like collector cow ornaments too.
    RIP.
    I only ever ordered Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes (PS4) from them in 2014
    I pre ordered Zelda Breath Of The Wild for the Wii U from Gameseek

It arrived on launch day, as promised.

Amazon couldn't deliver that game to lots of peeps that pre-ordered it.

Just saying.
    CelestialLegend10th May 2018

Happy to see this disgusting example of a retailer fade away.

Yeah I'm quite miffed with GameSeek, they ran that £1,300 of consoles competition and I was told I'd won it on my account page, only for them to move the goalposts and make it unobtainable.

Good riddance.
    Music Magpie like this.
    noahsdad10/05/2018 21:26

AKA Nintendo Labo ?

No he/she didn't order any cardboard boxes
    So is anyone in a situation where paypal won't cover them?

My preorder of Metro was over 180 days ago and therefore Paypal and saying they can't help. They've forwarded me an internet crimes link but that seems like a useless avenue. I just want my 30 quid back. Not sure who to talk to at this point?
    FantasyDeals23/06/2018 21:51

Only found out about this today

It's OK, no harm done.

Well, apart from those that pre-ordered over 180 days in advance of a release date!
    gaming and religion should never mix
    Mcoreprincess10/05/2018 16:27

I pre-ordered Spyro Remastered with them Thankfully, I paid via PayPal …I pre-ordered Spyro Remastered with them Thankfully, I paid via PayPal and was still within the 45 day Buyer Protection time limit. I have just opened the dispute, and it has already been escalated to a claim (I assume that's because company email addresses aren't working and PayPal must have received a failure message when they attempted to contact). Fingers crossed that my claim will be approved.

You have 180 days to open a claim... Been 180 for years now.
    lucifon23rd May

So is anyone in a situation where paypal won't cover them?My preorder of …So is anyone in a situation where paypal won't cover them?My preorder of Metro was over 180 days ago and therefore Paypal and saying they can't help. They've forwarded me an internet crimes link but that seems like a useless avenue. I just want my 30 quid back. Not sure who to talk to at this point?

Try a chargeback maybe...
    hearts2223rd Jun 2018

You have 180 days to open a claim... Been 180 for years now.

34119997-DOLUk.jpg
's avatar