Groups

UK Salary Tax brackets

anyone know where to look at information about how much tax is deducted in which salary ranges ? I found this once but am having problems finding it again

thanks

8 Comments

direct.gov.uk/en/…566

Scroll down theres a table with all the figures you need to know I presume(hope).

Hope that helps.x

Original Poster

excellent thanks a lot.

on a side note, 40% is ridiculous !! It's just too much of how much we work hard for.

I'm not a high earner but I did get a tax code last year of K100
    Apparently I was driving round in two company cars.:o

Had a few sleepless nights until it was sorted.

Ive got a **** tax code at the moment lol. BR

Trying to get my work to sort it out. Their admin department is so **** lol

Just got my first tax paying job. Yes I've had jobs where I've done the hit and miss. But I've not been earning enough to pay tax. So am waiting for my pay slip to have a big lumpsum missing on it so a emergancy tax rebat will be in order. grrrrrr.

Yeah 40% + 12.5% NI that means that the goverment gets more than you if your in the 'higher bracket'.

If you need help with working out your tax then PM me and I'll work out what you should have paid.

Sweetchinmusic

Ive got a **** tax code at the moment lol. BRTrying to get my work to … Ive got a **** tax code at the moment lol. BRTrying to get my work to sort it out. Their admin department is so **** lol

You're on basic rate!!! I take it you haven't given thema P45. Get into work tomorrow and fill in a p46
    hmrc.gov.uk/for…pdf

They never asked me for it thats the thing. So terrible. Gave it in the other day, but im gonna leave the job now (Handing in my notice on Friday) Got another job for 2 months and should be a bit more of a laugh. So now after kicking up a fuss about my P45 im gonna have to ask it back off of them lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866384
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1630
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28104
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1116

See more discussions