Groups

Uk Seaside Holiday Destinations

Hi, Any one know any good seaside resorts to take an 8 and 10 year old to that will keep them happy for a week (aswell as a tired mum). We usually go to Cromer in Norfolk but its pretty much booked solid the week I have off work. Anyone ever been to Weymouth?? All suggestions much appreciated xx

20 Comments

Selsey - Chichester

We off to Yarmouth end of next month - always enjoy it there :thumbsup:

Scarborough.

Devon, cornwall, wales, weston, weymouth, greast yarmouth, scarborough, brighton.....

Where abouts are you? and how far do you want to travel?

Just come back from Weymouth easter weekend.... Littlesea Caravan park - I think it's a Haven site. Good facilities, though a little expensive. Going back in the summer.

try sunny hunny thats hunstanton lovely beach kids will love it

Original Poster

travelling from Derby. thought about Weymouth as OH wants to go to Monkey World in Wareham

haven't been to weymouth since i was little but really enjoyed it when i was there

:roll: sunny southport......its a cracker!

I live on the Isle of Wight so, am biased- it's a great place for holidays and you can get some real bargains here, sometimes including the car ferry. Makes it extra special for the kids too, going on a boat ride for their holiday.

If you want to go to Monkey World it is at Wool. There is a holiday park close by, called Warmwell. It's not by the sea, but its in a pretty quiet location and not far from Weymouth or Wool and can do lots of trips from there to Swanage, Bournemouth etc. There is also a tank museum near Monkey world too.

I hope you find somewhere nice for you all to go.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone

Southport.. not that far from us either

looe in cornwall is a great place try this site it is very cheap ]toad hall cottages or even newquay in cornwall

having just read your OP again & realising you are going for a week ! I recommend Newquay .. cant beat Cornwall

Skegness is really good, lots of stuff to do there and you've got Ingoldmels (Fantasy Island) down the road.

I was coming on here to recommend Weymouth and then read your thread properly - spooky. We've been going to Weymouth for 12 years and it's gorgeous, as good as being abroad as you can get in this country. We go with family with kids aged 14, 11, 8 and 4 and they all love it too, the beach is a big inlet so the water is really still and clear and you can paddle out for ages with the water only coming up to your knees so great for little ones. The older ones go swimming in the sea if the weather's warm enough and we usually get good weather when we go (usually last week of July).

After trying different cottages and holiday parks, we've settled on one that I can thoroughly recommend called Waterside Holiday Park in Bowleaze Cove. It's fab and has it's own kids disco room/club where they play games in 2 teams and have a disco (not just for little ones, your 10yr old would be fine) and is near a small shingle beach but if you are feeling olympic then you could walk into town but we go in the car and then park and ride as it's a bit of a walk with little ones.

Go to Weymouth, you'll love it!!

I've been to Weymouth loads of times and there is plenty to do and see:

Monkey World
    Sealife Centre
    Poole for the day (about 32 miles)
    Bournmouth for the day ( about 35 miles)
    Lulworth Cove (beautiful cove great for swimming and splashing)
    Portland Bill lighthouse
    Chesil Beach
    Nothe fort Weymouth
    Dinosaur Land in Lyme Regis

HTH

Eve C;5000858

I've been to Weymouth loads of times and there is plenty to do and … I've been to Weymouth loads of times and there is plenty to do and see:Monkey WorldSealife CentrePoole for the day (about 32 miles)Bournmouth for the day ( about 35 miles)Lulworth Cove (beautiful cove great for swimming and splashing)Portland Bill lighthouseChesil BeachNothe fort WeymouthDinosaur Land in Lyme RegisHTH

We go to Lulworth Cove every year when we're down there, the kids love rock pooling and the seafood hut is to die for and the men in the party had a speedboat ride one year that wa really reasonable. Weymouth's cool, Monkey World's good, but after a while you do get a bit sick of seeing another monkey, fab kids (and adults) play area in there though!!

Come to (very) sunny Bournemouth - loads for the kids, fair rides, beach, shows, parks, etc etc & Monkey world about 1/2 hour away.

I don't recommend Newquay at all - lived there for 4 years & apart from beaches, not a good place for young'uns but I won't go off on my usual rant.

im taking my son to Lyme Regis to go fossil hunting - it is supposed to be the best place to go as it is on the jurassic coast
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …268916
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764562
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1231
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714128

See more discussions