Groups

UK to Malta Postage Rate Required

I am looking to send a large parcel to the UK to Malta.
    The dimensions are 52x50x46 cm and weighs 8.4kg.
    The value is £1500.
    Please could someone recommend a courier to use and how much I should expect to pay.
    Thanks

7 Comments

Insurance will be you big problem the 2 i use as above only cover you up to £1000,

Just looked Parcelforce worldwide do the service you require with the insurance but it is £155
    I think the insurance would be the problem with the Brokers so you would have to go direct with the couriers and wouldn't be surprised if they all came in about this price.

Edited by: "newbie1001" 2nd Dec 2010

I use interparcel.co.uk usually. I've put in size and weight and to/from on the site but cant put value until address/contact details so if you give that a go. It came up lowest £64 by FedEx but with the insurance for value I'd expect that to go up, by how much though give it a go.

Banned

Be careful OP. Malta/Italy etc. is becoming the new Nigeria.
    If you've been paid by PayPal, make sure funds are withdrawn.

Original Poster

vlj

Be careful OP. Malta/Italy etc. is becoming the new Nigeria.If you've … Be careful OP. Malta/Italy etc. is becoming the new Nigeria.If you've been paid by PayPal, make sure funds are withdrawn.

Good point, will withdraw the money straight away!

Original Poster

thanks for your suggestions, looks like its over the £150 mark, never realised how expensive it is to ship large parcels abroad!! Insurance is a pain, gotta be covered I guess!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions