Groups

UK will continue to retain DNA of innocent

Your views?

I have experienced this already when I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I had my fingerprints and DNA taken before I even knew what was going on. The police finally realised I was not involved and let me leave. Im now on their database,
    not sure if I like that...

141 Comments

but if you have nothing to hide should it matter, yes its unfortunate you were in the wrong place at the wrong time but if there is a data base it will keep streets safer

i wouldn't mind offering my fingerprints or DNA of my own free will, but to have them taken and then kept after being proven innocent is wrong

Banned

vadis;5238916

but if you have nothing to hide should it matter, yes its unfortunate you … but if you have nothing to hide should it matter, yes its unfortunate you were in the wrong place at the wrong time but if there is a data base it will keep streets safer

Which is exactly my argument on placing tracking chips on people and putting CCTV into every home. Glad we're on the same page because I know I can't be trusted:thumbsup:

vadis;5238916

but if you have nothing to hide should it matter, yes its unfortunate you … but if you have nothing to hide should it matter, yes its unfortunate you were in the wrong place at the wrong time but if there is a data base it will keep streets safer

i agree

Banned

great idea only those with something to hide will kick up a stink.

FilthAndFurry;5238946

Which is exactly my argument on placing tracking chips on people and … Which is exactly my argument on placing tracking chips on people and putting CCTV into every home. Glad we're on the same page because I know I can't be trusted:thumbsup:

Are you a wannabe Big Brother contestant ?

dog_cop;5238958

exactly

maybe they have gotten away with stuff cos they are not on a database...yet...once they are...oops! :whistling::w00t:

Banned

i dont suppose it will be long before its taken at birth

Banned

loupomm;5238975

exactlymaybe they have gotten away with stuff cos they are not on a … exactlymaybe they have gotten away with stuff cos they are not on a database...yet...once they are...oops! :whistling::w00t:

there have been some fantastic cases cleared up in recent weeks, with cold case reviews and advances in dna techniques.. all in favour :thumbsup:

Here we go again. Anybody not liking this gross invasion on their privacy is a fithy crim.

Banned

dog_cop;5238958

Which is of course guilt by implication which is what the Stasi were good at.

Just because it might make us safer, doesn't mean it has to be done. There are hundreds of measures we could implement that might make us safer, but what we have to give up would be too great.

There's merit to a DNA database, but I happen to think our civil liberties are more important.

Banned

thesaint;5238994

Here we go again. Anybody not liking this gross invasion on their … Here we go again. Anybody not liking this gross invasion on their privacy is a fithy crim.

:w00t:.. one of your better posts

Banned

dog_cop;5239010

:w00t:.. one of your better posts

Are you in favour of satellite tracking in cars that monitor speed? After all, if you're not breaking the law there's no problem.

Original Poster

do the people that like the idea think that it will prevent crime in the first place?

I don't see it this way,
    if a criminal wants to commit a crime they are going to.

can DNA evidence be used to prosecute you for slacking off?

If so I am against it on this occasion,invasion of privacy blah blah blah

sassie;5238983

i dont suppose it will be long before its taken at birth

already is chick, all in the name of research lol

doesn't bother me, had it done when holidaying in the states, think it should be optional though

Banned

choc1969;5239035

already is chick, all in the name of research loldoesn't bother me, had … already is chick, all in the name of research loldoesn't bother me, had it done when holidaying in the states, think it should be optional though

is it, since when?

Banned

boothy;5239028

can DNA evidence be used to prosecute you for slacking off?If so I am … can DNA evidence be used to prosecute you for slacking off?If so I am against it on this occasion

did a quick check of your details via the data base.. loads of previous for Slacking :thumbsup:

sassie;5239046

is it, since when?

since you had your first blood test as a baby....

now we have the data protection act you can request if any hospital you have visited as a patient has any dna samples, you must write to each one individually, then you can request it be destroyed :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Also the government have a great track record when it comes to keeping data safe and secure.........

dog_cop;5239062

did a quick check of your details via the data base.. loads of previous … did a quick check of your details via the data base.. loads of previous for Slacking :thumbsup:

bloody coppers,I am with F&F all the way....:whistling:

Banned

choc1969;5239069

since you had your first blood test as a baby....now we have the data … since you had your first blood test as a baby....now we have the data protection act you can request if any hospital you have visited as a patient has any dna samples, you must write to each one individually, then you can request it be destroyed :thumbsup:

I thought if they where talking bloods for any other reason they had to inform you, like the hiv one, although i believe that was never a named sample

Banned

boothy;5239074

bloody coppers,I am with F&F all the way....:whistling:

ah another f&f fanclub member.. that's now..... 1member :w00t:

dog_cop;5239086

ah another f&f fanclub member.. that's now..... 1member :w00t:

but when he wins the HUKD mingers comp it will at least double

sassie;5239080

I thought if they where talking bloods for any other reason they had to … I thought if they where talking bloods for any other reason they had to inform you, like the hiv one, although i believe that was never a named sample

thats how they get away with it lol, I did a random check at the hospital where I was born and also worked for 13 years, they had numerous named samples for me on file on those slides.......due to a medical condition they were checking for at birth

was angry at first but now don't give a hoot, if the laws that be want our dna they will get it one way or another

doesn't make it right......but hey, thats human nature :roll:

For those who have missed the news Mark Thomas tells of how he got his DNA removed from the database. He suggests how others may do similar
    guardian.co.uk/com…ent

Banned

boothy;5239099

but when he wins the HUKD mingers comp it will at least double

has he won it yet :thumbsup:

dog_cop;5239127

has he won it yet :thumbsup:

dont know.we both entered him,think another week to go

Banned

choc1969;5239113

thats how they get away with it lol, I did a random check at the hospital … thats how they get away with it lol, I did a random check at the hospital where I was born and also worked for 13 years, they had numerous named samples for me on file on those slides.......due to a medical condition they were checking for at birthwas angry at first but now don't give a hoot, if the laws that be want our dna they will get it one way or anotherdoesn't make it right......but hey, thats human nature :roll:

i didnt think dna was just a blood sample, yes i know call me simple

sassie;5239139

i didnt think dna was just a blood sample, yes i know call me simple

dna can even be a skin cell babe, bit of dandruff on your shoulder, used tissue, tampon, dirty undies.......

Original Poster

Last year the European Court of Human Rights told the UK government it … Last year the European Court of Human Rights told the UK government it couldn’t keep the DNA of innocent people on its police database. Today the UK government announced how it would deal with the ruling, in a response that basically amounts to two fingers to the court.

I don't think it would be deemed acceptable if one of the poorer EU countries disregarded the European Court of Human Rights, would they not be kicked out the union?

Banned

choc1969;5239148

dna can even be a skin cell babe, bit of dandruff on your shoulder, used … dna can even be a skin cell babe, bit of dandruff on your shoulder, used tissue, tampon, dirty undies.......

feel a bit of a dimwit now - lol

I sorta agree with dna of everyone being on record then, im sure thousands of horrific cases go unsolved when they have dna but nothing to match it to, but i suppose ts the same as everything if errors can be made then it shouldnt happen, or should it, arrgghh

choc1969;5239069

since you had your first blood test as a baby....now we have the data … since you had your first blood test as a baby....now we have the data protection act you can request if any hospital you have visited as a patient has any dna samples, you must write to each one individually, then you can request it be destroyed :thumbsup:

Nice to know. Had mine taken for medical tests. Is there just one place to write to or what?

phatboy123;5239024

do the people that like the idea think that it will prevent crime in the … do the people that like the idea think that it will prevent crime in the first place?I don't see it this way,if a criminal wants to commit a crime they are going to.

dunno mate, if a rapist knows that without doubt he is gonna be named then caught within hours of the crime .....id say maybe some would think twice, thats enough for me :thumbsup:

Banned

sassie;5239180

feel a bit of a dimwit now - lolI sorta agree with dna of everyone being … feel a bit of a dimwit now - lolI sorta agree with dna of everyone being on record then, im sure thousands of horrific cases go unsolved when they have dna but nothing to match it to, but i suppose ts the same as everything if errors can be made then it shouldnt happen, or should it, arrgghh

What about your movements being tracked - that would also stop crime. CCTV is a good start but what about vehicle trackers?

If you've got nothing to hide then where's the problem?

WoolyM;5239189

Nice to know. Had mine taken for medical tests. Is there just one place … Nice to know. Had mine taken for medical tests. Is there just one place to write to or what?

write to the chief exec of the hospital......send by signed for post, that way they can't deny and prolong the destruction as they attempt to do :thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;5239201

What about your movements being tracked - that would also stop crime. … What about your movements being tracked - that would also stop crime. CCTV is a good start but what about vehicle trackers?If you've got nothing to hide then where's the problem?

thread is about dna, you seem to keep nipping at people with this... go start a thread on it maybe?

Banned

kungfu;5239216

thread is about dna, you seem to keep nipping at people with this... go … thread is about dna, you seem to keep nipping at people with this... go start a thread on it maybe?

Because they're related. Fairly obviously too.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5239201

What about your movements being tracked - that would also stop crime. … What about your movements being tracked - that would also stop crime. CCTV is a good start but what about vehicle trackers?If you've got nothing to hide then where's the problem?

I dont have a problem with any of it, as long as its 100% error proof, why would i, i dont think im entitled to eff all in this life, except to die
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?21
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions