Groups

ukdealsbox - New HUKD rival?

Has anyone come across this website before?

Is it any good? Are there any others like this?

ukdealsbox.com/

It looks like they have just started... maybe we should go and introduce them to HUKD!

34 Comments

Banned

All the posts circulate round the sites anyway, soon they will all be the same with the same posts hitting each site within seconds of eachother

Original Poster

]http//ww…om/

Live link added

:giggle: I think they already know about HUKD - its one of the spin-offs from a group of people who left HUKD late last year ;-)

Have a look at some of the members names who are mods/posters there, you should recognize quite a few!

meh...it aint no HUKD!

jah128;2248987

:giggle: I think they already know about HUKD - its one of the spin-offs … :giggle: I think they already know about HUKD - its one of the spin-offs from a group of people who left HUKD late last year ;-)

OH :?

Banned

Doesn't look as fun though
    Kelly_o_fanatic? Arent they on here too?

Quite a few regulars from here left late last year and formed new sites. There was ezbaz which had run for quite a while, ukdealshare, syberdeals (run by syzable) and now ukdealsbox - think all the others collapsed eventually but ukdealsbox looks like it might stay for a while, who knows. Some of the members occasionally still post here, some have been banned from here (mainly for advertising the other sites and saying this site was carp :giggle:).

looks remarkably similar to the old HUKD layout.

wonder where they got their inspiration from......

best watch out though cos ever post in the past mentioning another deals site has been pulled :whistling:

is that where all the mods and admin are leaving to

One odd thing about ukdealsbox is that it is easy to find out who owns the site, unlike hotukdeals. :roll:

Looks like they also like to copy deals from here as well.

kelly_o_fanatic :OOO (jaw dropped)
    wonder why she left?

theres only 3 users ...:lol:

I just see the whole point of everyone together is more power to spot the deals...

Think everyone should be together in one big site, but it'll never happen...

A bit of competition never hurts. If everyone was on one huge site, I don't think alot of us would get good deals because:
    a) More competition over the best deals, meaning increased chances of losing out
    b) People would be less inclined to post deals as they know that the chances of others posting a good deal has increased (more searchers... or less?)
    c) Large firms can pick this out and use it to their advantage.
    d) With so many members, it will be EXTREMELY difficult to curl out the spammers, hackers and stuff, even with a lot of moderators (or even sassie...).

magicbeans;2248990

meh...it aint no HUKD!

Off to have a look .....

FAO all - any self-promotion in this thread will be removed.

Banned

that's pretty impressive for a spin off site made by a few disgruntled users i guess they were serious lol

Looks like they are just copying the deals from here any other sites.

Banned

waterloo;2251743

Looks like they are just copying the deals from here any other sites.

Thats how it works. Don't you think that happens here as well?

Banned

While you're promoting the competition why not visit my own rival site?

smokindeals.co.uk

Banned

vixygwim;2251830

While you're promoting the competition why not visit my own rival … While you're promoting the competition why not visit my own rival site?http://www.smokindeals.co.uk

lol

No Way Near As Good As This Site "f- For Marks"

Banned

maddness007;2251901

yet

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3740/mcgrufftr1.png

guv;2251797

Thats how it works. Don't you think that happens here as well?

1 person is posting all the deals from other sites its lazy and boring.

Original Poster

emmajk42;2251660

FAO all - any self-promotion in this thread will be removed.

OK, I'm officially scared -- for the record, I have nothing to do with the site I presented!!

Banned

waterloo;2252051

1 person is posting all the deals from other sites its lazy and boring.

Are you sure you are looking at the right site?

Perhaps I've got the exec verson!!! Certainly more than one poster from what I can see.

It happens here but other users post from money saving etc on here or from rpoints to here.

Like the person above said it happens...

guv;2252811

Are you sure you are looking at the right site?Perhaps I've got the exec … Are you sure you are looking at the right site?Perhaps I've got the exec verson!!! Certainly more than one poster from what I can see.

Whats the exec verson !!! ?

Banned

waterloo;2252853

Whats the exec verson !!! ?

Wouldn't you like to know!!!

Looks o.k.

maddness007;2251901

In total there are 9 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 30 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 34 on Wed, 26/03/2008 - 01:22

OMG we have serious competition!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844439
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543727
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767112
      4. PC Gamers - Steam Friends?933

See more discussions