UKMail collect from depot before delivery attempt

Found 22nd Apr 2016
I have a parcel scheduled to be delivered this coming Monday by UKMail but it will reach the depot tomorrow morning.

does anyone know why couriers don't allow collection from depot until they try and fail? it's really frustrating knowing my parcel is ten minutes away but I can't get it until Monday because they need to try and deliver first...

I'm going to chance it tomorrow and call UKMail but was just wondering what the reason is?
Community Updates
AskCourier
11 Comments
Because everyone would want to do it and they'd have a queue out of the door from dawn till dusk.
stuarthanley

Because everyone would want to do it and they'd have a queue out of the … Because everyone would want to do it and they'd have a queue out of the door from dawn till dusk.

I have to disagree. I would imagine most people prefer the convenience of delivery and for many the depot can be very far!
If it's just 10mins away go in an ask.

Can't see them letting you have it however
benjammin316

If it's just 10mins away go in an ask.Can't see them letting you have it … If it's just 10mins away go in an ask.Can't see them letting you have it however

​got a flat tyre so will have to borrow sisters car haha. dont wanna do that unless they're gonna give it to me.
Could be due to insurance, needs to be delivered to stated address.
I'm away this Sunday so just trying to get it before then. meh. will call tomorrow and see. #firstworldproblems
Is this the Dell Outlet computer? Must not be using UPS anymore if it is
GNKelly07

Is this the Dell Outlet computer? Must not be using UPS anymore if it is

​yes it is. going back to uni (3 hours away from home) on Sunday and was really hoping to take it with me...
it's now in my hands
no problems I just collected it without bothering with the unhelpful CS dept
Kazaam

it's now in my hands :)no problems I just collected it without bothering … it's now in my hands :)no problems I just collected it without bothering with the unhelpful CS dept

Sweet!
benjammin316

Sweet!

​it took her a while to find it. she said maybe the parcel load is still to be unwrapped as only arrived early hours of the morning. but I made sure I expressed my gratitude. perseverance yay!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants