UKPC Parking Charge Notice

Found 11th Jan
I have gotten a parking charge notice for the amount of £50 if not payed will rise to £85.
i was parked in my college which i have a permit for the college parking was full and i have parked on yellow lines/hatched marking as that was the only suitable place for me to park without obstructing others.
i was wondering if i could get advice if i should pay the ticket or leave or even make an appeal it as there are many people who park in this space. I have done this before without getting a ticket.

i have also went on their website to see if they have uploaded any pictuee but there were none

thanks for reading.
hope to hear back.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Pay the ticket, as a driver you should know better than to park in cross hatchings, you’ve gotten away with it before but it doesn’t mean you should have!
13 Comments
welcome to hukd
You haven't followed the rules they have laid out, which will include:

No parking on red or yellow lines or in an area with hatched markings which would potentially block emergency access.

As far as they are concerned it's as bad as parking without a permit.
Pay the ticket, as a driver you should know better than to park in cross hatchings, you’ve gotten away with it before but it doesn’t mean you should have!
Letter from parent or guardian with an apology will usually suffice.
Pay Up did wrong lesson learnt
Nickb917 m ago

Letter from parent or guardian with an apology will usually suffice.

First time I have ever heard of a parking company being so soft. But always worth a try.

There is a motoring journalist called Honest John (www.honestjohn.co.uk) who has loads of questions like this and some advice. Search the site
I would suggest jumping on MSE forums, there’s a lot of information and people that can help with parking invoices. I ended up with a solicitor helping me for free.
hairray51 m ago

I would suggest jumping on MSE forums, there’s a lot of information and p …I would suggest jumping on MSE forums, there’s a lot of information and people that can help with parking invoices. I ended up with a solicitor helping me for free.

I second this although unless they messed up somewhere usually it's a risky strategy not to pay Parking cowboys website also has a lot of useful info. Link to the MSE parking fines info for you.
i would pay the ticket as you parked on yellow line. a permit to park does not exempt you from parking on restricted areas and does not guarantee you a space if the car park is full.
If you're in Scotland then bin it.
Not legally binding.
Pay the fine so it doesn’t go up, but lodge an appeal if you think you have grounds, personally if your not parked in a space then they have fined you fair and square. Just because you have a permit doesn’t mean you are allowed to park where you like.

If you do appeal and you lose you have already paid, if you win you’ll get a refund.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 11th Jan
hairray3 h, 7 m ago

I would suggest jumping on MSE forums, there’s a lot of information and p …I would suggest jumping on MSE forums, there’s a lot of information and people that can help with parking invoices. I ended up with a solicitor helping me for free.

I third this, and the advice there would always be not to pay, but to follow the correct process and not ignore.
Yellow lines and hatchings on private land are advisory anyways - they're just paint on tarmac.
Don't have to pay this, unless only if car park is chargable. If they take you to court they have prove its cost £50 in first place
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants