ULEZ scrappage scheme - £2000 for cars, £1000 for motorcycles

Posted 10th JanEdited by:"NoMoreFatDads"
The Mayor of London has launched a car and motorcycle scrappage scheme to help low income and disabled Londoners scrap older, more polluting cars and motorcycles in favour of cleaner vehicles and greener forms of transport to help clean the city's toxic air.

The ULEZ Car and motorcycle scrappage scheme is open to those who live within the 32 London boroughs or the City of London and receive certain means-tested and non means-tested disability benefits. They will be able to apply for a grant to scrap vehicles that don't meet the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) emissions standards.

Eligibility criteria:

To apply, you must be:

• Living within the 32 London boroughs or the City of London
  • Claiming benefits

Applicants must receive one or more of the benefits below:

• Universal Credit
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pensions Mobility Supplement
  • Working Tax Credit

Applicants can only apply to scrap cars, motorcycles or mopeds that:

• Are registered with the DVLA to the applicant (or someone who lives at the same address as the applicant) and owned for more than 12 months before 23 October 2019.
  • Are insured
  • Have up-to-date MOT and road tax
  • Don't meet ULEZ emission standards

Full details here
Community Updates

Groups

4 Comments
What link? Did you set this up as a deal and the mods did that thing where they move a deal to "misc" without saving the link, removing access and thus making the thread pointless?
MadeDixonsCry10/01/2020 10:53

What link? Did you set this up as a deal and the mods did that thing where …What link? Did you set this up as a deal and the mods did that thing where they move a deal to "misc" without saving the link, removing access and thus making the thread pointless?

Haha! Indeed! I've amended the description to include the link. Should be live soon, I hope.
£2000, I hardly going help someone who's cars worth probably abit more and they want them too scrap it instead of sell it on. I haven't read the full article or is that what it is .
MynameisM10/01/2020 12:33

£2000, I hardly going help someone who's cars worth probably abit more and …£2000, I hardly going help someone who's cars worth probably abit more and they want them too scrap it instead of sell it on. I haven't read the full article or is that what it is .

Well it's voluntary so the decision is entirely the owners.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions