Groups
    EXPIRED

Ultrasound Pest Controllers

I have been hearing scratching, gnawing and other noises through my wall and ceiling of every room in my house during the night and early morning. Apart from cutting holes and dropping bait (which I'm not allowed to do apparently because it's a council-owned house), I was thinking of buying a type of device I saw on QVC a few years back. Using the council services proved fruitless (they dropped some poisioned traps which did nothing). I have also sighted mice in the house and it's been a nightmare trying to get rid of the rodents.

Does anyone have any experience of using these devices and if so, which one should I go for? I know it's mice as the noise is squeaky and you can hear the tiny footsteps as they run across the wall cavity.

Many thanks.

4 Comments

I dont believe they work at all-a con imho-if its a council house they should be dealing with it anyway.

get the instant kill bait-not the "cumulative" stuff that needs a few feeds and thins their blood-do something quick tho-the more time they have,the more they breed.

we had some of the ultrasound plug ins, got them from Robert Dyas for £20ish a few years back. They seemed to work (we lived in a thatched cottage at the time and mice loved the attic) but didn't last long, 2 died within the first 6 months.

Original Poster

IndianaBlues

we had some of the ultrasound plug ins, got them from Robert Dyas for … we had some of the ultrasound plug ins, got them from Robert Dyas for £20ish a few years back. They seemed to work (we lived in a thatched cottage at the time and mice loved the attic) but didn't last long, 2 died within the first 6 months.

I have been looking into these devices for a while now but the general feeling is that they need to be kept on constantly otherwise the pests return (whether they work in the first place is another question). I think for the moment, I'll leave it to the council to do something. Thanks for the replies.

MY mum has them plugged in all over her home as she gets field mice on occassions and they still come in to her kitchen so to be honest she got hers of QVC paid a fortune and she still gets them

we have resorted to the old fashion method of mice traps with chocolate and that works !! just means hubby has to clean them out daily when they are caught ... dont waste yr money i wud say

xxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      3. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914

See more discussions