UMI Super internet connection

Hi, I have just purchased an UMI Super and have put my Talkmobile sim in it, it is a network that piggybacks on the vodafone network.
I can make calls, receive and send texts but I cannot access the internet. I have the 3G symbol at the top but it just will not connect.
I have phoned Talkmobile who told me it has nothing to do with the APN settings but rather I need to turn on WCDMA in a hidden menu.

Has anyone had any experience of this? I need my phone to work when out and about.

Cheers

3 Comments

Had a similar issue with my Doogee X6 pro. Added all of the settings exactly as their help page ( talktalk ) suggests for manual set up and it sorted it. Make sure you switch data off and on after changing settings this seemed to make a difference for me. Good luck.

As above, it is your APN setting. I had an Umi super a few weeks ago on Vodafone and had to set it up manually. Just Google 'talkmobile Vodafone APN settings' for a guide to do it.

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I had already set up a talkmobile APN but they did not work. I did it again and they worked. What the guy at Talkmobile was on about is a mystery to me but now it works!

Thanks!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)67
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy34
    3. Any eBay final value fee promos?11
    4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2342

See more discussions