Groups

Un-registered Ebayer

Does anyone know if you only become un-registered on Ebay if Ebay kick you off or can it appear like that if you have cancelled your account?
    We were buying a caravan but he didn't get back to us and now it appears he is no longer with Ebay very disappointing...we have put so much time into finding a caravan it's nearly as bad as buying a house...well, kind of.

27 Comments

You can cancel your own account, which might be what has happened. Can you not contact the seller directly?

Banned

"Caravan"

Why?

Original Poster

dimebars;7811861

"Caravan"Why?

Because it was a lovely caravan at a very good price...perhaps a too good price. If it looks too good to be true it seems it usually is.

It is probably stolen, watched a programme last night about stolen caravans almost 60% of ones sold are stolen.

Banned

ts9658;7811879

Because it was a lovely caravan at a very good price...perhaps a too good … Because it was a lovely caravan at a very good price...perhaps a too good price. If it looks too good to be true it seems it usually is.

lol did you see the police programme on bbc last night? it was all about stolen caravans!

Original Poster

thearbiter65;7811827

You can cancel your own account, which might be what has happened. Can … You can cancel your own account, which might be what has happened. Can you not contact the seller directly?

I think perhaps he doesn't want to be contacted. He has our home number and mobile numbers but we have heard nothing so he hasn't made any attempt to contact us. But if Ebay had removed them for a reason then maybe we wouldn't want to buy it anyway.

Banned

was it periwinkle blue?

Original Poster

rumblefish;7811892

lol did you see the police programme on bbc last night? it was all about … lol did you see the police programme on bbc last night? it was all about stolen caravans!

No I missed it, a friend told me about it today thinking we would be watching it, did they mention Ebay selling them? :oops:

Original Poster

dimebars;7811903

was it periwinkle blue?

Nope

Original Poster

pipsqueak;7811887

It is probably stolen, watched a programme last night about stolen … It is probably stolen, watched a programme last night about stolen caravans almost 60% of ones sold are stolen.

This was apparently Chris registered, I wouldn't of thought you got those with a stolen one but could be fake?

pipsqueak;7811887

It is probably stolen, watched a programme last night about stolen … It is probably stolen, watched a programme last night about stolen caravans almost 60% of ones sold are stolen.

God - that program last night put me right off from ever buying a caravan. I didn't realise they were security tagged in such a way, etc. That poor family at that Steam Rally that had their caravan towed away by the cops - they must have been well gutted.

Original Poster

meandog101;7811939

God - that program last night put me right off from ever buying a … God - that program last night put me right off from ever buying a caravan. I didn't realise they were security tagged in such a way, etc. That poor family at that Steam Rally that had their caravan towed away by the cops - they must have been well gutted.

Sounds awful...I might have to watch this on i player.

Banned

dimebars;7811903

was it periwinkle blue?

ts9658;7811908

Nope

with scatter cushions?

Original Poster

lol...they r all displayed with scatter cushions
    :-D

Definitely watch it ,Some real good advice on buying a caravan ,Apparantly only 10% of stolen caravans are ever recovered.This programme could be the reason why your seller has suddenly disappeared ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7811994

Definitely watch it ,Some real good advice on buying a caravan … Definitely watch it ,Some real good advice on buying a caravan ,Apparantly only 10% of stolen caravans are ever recovered.This programme could be the reason why your seller has suddenly disappeared ,

Well I should be thinking myself lucky at the moment then. We couldn't afford a caravan to have the police cart it off.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7811988

Yeah you can cancel you account BUT you have to wait a set time I think … Yeah you can cancel you account BUT you have to wait a set time I think it's 90 days can't remember from your last activity, so I would say ebay shut the account down, probably doing you a favour.

Im feeling alot better that we are not having that caravan now. The caravan was going to cost £5,000 but book price said it was £7,000 so really did think we were getting bargain of the decade..but obviously not. :whistling:

Banned

did the seller keep "dahgs"?

Original Poster

Like you should never look a gift horse in the mouth....you never buy a caravan from Ebay :-D

Original Poster

dimebars;7812067

did the seller keep "dahgs"?

Do you mean dorgs ha ha...no... no animal inhabitance

Original Poster

ts9658;7812085

Do you mean dorgs ha ha...no... no animal inhabitance

It doesn't really matter now if there was a herd of sheep living in it, i'm not going to own it :cry:

ts9658;7811905

No I missed it, a friend told me about it today thinking we would be … No I missed it, a friend told me about it today thinking we would be watching it, did they mention Ebay selling them? :oops:

I'd have thought that more nicked stuff gets flogged on ebay than anywhere else!

if u allready paid details would be on paypal/bank details
    how many good feedbacks did they have :?:
    :thumbsup:

ts9658;7812035

Im feeling alot better that we are not having that caravan now. The … Im feeling alot better that we are not having that caravan now. The caravan was going to cost £5,000 but book price said it was £7,000 so really did think we were getting bargain of the decade..but obviously not. :whistling:

was the desciption dodgy like someone didnt have a clue,i bourght a bike i was sure was nicked a few months ago but just sold it on

Original Poster

JACKIT99;7812980

if u allready paid details would be on paypal/bank detailshow many good … if u allready paid details would be on paypal/bank detailshow many good feedbacks did they have :?::thumbsup:

They only had 2 feedbacks and they were things they had bought like a year ago.

Original Poster

JACKIT99;7813014

was the desciption dodgy like someone didnt have a clue,i bourght a bike … was the desciption dodgy like someone didnt have a clue,i bourght a bike i was sure was nicked a few months ago but just sold it on

The price was the only wrong thing..it was just too good to be true. we thought someone was selling it that had no idea what the price should have been. It was about £2500 under priced for an immaculate caravan with all the extras.

ts9658;7814063

The price was the only wrong thing..it was just too good to be true. we … The price was the only wrong thing..it was just too good to be true. we thought someone was selling it that had no idea what the price should have been. It was about £2500 under priced for an immaculate caravan with all the extras.

If it looks too good to be true then it usually isn't true, especially on ebay. You should just walk away from this and forget it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions