Unable to format Micro SD? can anyone help??

18 replies
Found 7th Jan 2010
I wonder if anyone can help me?? ....pleeeeeease

I ordered a couple of the cheap r4 cards that were in the deals forum and they have come this morning, coz my little lad's edge card had stopped working in his ds. I thought I might be able tojust take the SD card out ot that and put it in here but obviously it needs the relevant software. Only it wont let me remove the edge stuff off the card (its only 1gb so not enough room to keep it on).

I have tried formatting the card several other options after googling "unable to format micro sd" but I am still unable to remove the files?

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks

18 Comments

Banned

SD Card doesn't need software on XP or newer (and prob much older)

try a different USB port.

Original Poster

vibeone;7459170

SD Card doesn't need software on XP or newer (and prob much older)try a … SD Card doesn't need software on XP or newer (and prob much older)try a different USB port.

sorry I am trying to remove the edge software that was already on the card when I got it, and replace it with the R4 software but it wont let me take it off?

Banned

StaceyAKelly;7459206

sorry I am trying to remove the edge software that was already on the … sorry I am trying to remove the edge software that was already on the card when I got it, and replace it with the R4 software but it wont let me take it off?

why not? what does it say?

im confused. you have a microsd card which you have put on a adaptor, either via a normal SD or just straight into the computer yes?

does the computer detect the card at all?

Try SwissKnife. ]Here

Stacey - Have you tried formatting the sd card with the panasonic format tool - its meant to be more effective than the windows formatter

Original Poster

im using a flash adapter to put the sd in the computer.

when I open it up (no matter which usb port I put it into it always opens up in the J drive)

I have gone into the properties of the edge file and it says read only, so I have unchecked this, applied and ok'd it but as soon as i close it, it automatically goes to read only again, i think this is the reason why it wont delete. Is there some sort of protection that I am missing?

I have not tried any other formatter yet, I was dubious about downloading things but i will try, which is the best do you think?

What do you call a flash adaptor,Do you meana microsd to Sd adaptor ?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7459388

What do you call a flash adaptor,Do you meana microsd to Sd adaptor ?.

A little usb stick that you put the sd card into and then put in the usb port

StaceyAKelly;7459412

A little usb stick that you put the sd card into and then put in the usb … A little usb stick that you put the sd card into and then put in the usb port

Ok thought it might have been a problem with the lock switch on the Sd ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7459429

Ok thought it might have been a problem with the lock switch on the Sd ,

no I saw something about that on google, I examined the micro sd but theres no switch on it lol

Download and install this one - its all above board legal and safe

]http//pa…tml

Original Poster

phatbhoy;7459542

Download and install this one - its all above board legal and … Download and install this one - its all above board legal and safe]http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

Thanks for this I have tried it but it says

"the memory card is write-protected. Please release the write protect switch"

Well there is no switch its only a micro sd???

Did you buy the card new?
Are you using the same computer to format it that you did originally?
Have you tried a different machine to format it?

Original Poster

the SD card came with the edge card. It already had the edge files on it.

I have formatted the card before because I have added and removed files.

But no it wont let me, its telling me to turn of the write protection - but there is no switch on either the card or the adapter (I have tried two different adapters so it must be the card)

I've had a similar problem with a flash drive, tried 3 different PC's and all said it was locked. In the end I just stamped on it and chucked it (wish I could say it was in the interests of security that I stamped on it, bit it wasn't, I just lost my patience :oops:)

Original Poster

frakison;7461326

I've had a similar problem with a flash drive, tried 3 different PC's and … I've had a similar problem with a flash drive, tried 3 different PC's and all said it was locked. In the end I just stamped on it and chucked it (wish I could say it was in the interests of security that I stamped on it, bit it wasn't, I just lost my patience :oops:)

im kind of getting that way myself - its driving me mad!

Judging by google it seems to be a common problem - but I cant seem to find an answer//

StaceyAKelly;7461319

the SD card came with the edge card. It already had the edge files on … the SD card came with the edge card. It already had the edge files on it.I have formatted the card before because I have added and removed files.But no it wont let me, its telling me to turn of the write protection - but there is no switch on either the card or the adapter (I have tried two different adapters so it must be the card)

I would just buy another Micro SD card tbh.
If you want, I will swap your non working Edge card for my working 2GB Micro SD card.

Original Poster

thesaint;7461378

I would just buy another Micro SD card tbh.If you want, I will swap your … I would just buy another Micro SD card tbh.If you want, I will swap your non working Edge card for my working 2GB Micro SD card.

the non working edge card is totally destroyed lol - its all green and rusty from where the kids have been blowing on it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal11
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions