Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Unable to sign-in to my PayPal account ?

Posted 13th Nov
Hi. I'm trying to sign-in to my PayPal account and every time it just takes me back to the sign-in page
It doesn't say the password is wrong, it just takes me to the sign-in page again. [I've tried using a wrong password just to check, and then it does say the password is wrong].

I've reset my password, and I've cleared my browser's cache, and cookies.

Anyone else experiencing this or experienced this before ? Thanks

*Update: Able to log-in using the PayPal android app. My issue seems to be the Samsung Internet Browser version that I use.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Yea happening to me as well PayPal must have a issue
ted568013/11/2019 02:08

THANKYOU! I am currently chatting with them on Twitter and they have not yet said they are experiencing an issue! lol
Try again mine is signing in? Browser and app
silvershark01013/11/2019 02:29

Try again mine is signing in? Browser and app

Still not working for me. I use Samsung Internet browser
ted568013/11/2019 02:08

What device and browser do you use please
Chrome here
Yup all the way and into activity etc
Are you using a VPN by any chance?
Bully13/11/2019 02:48

Are you using a VPN by any chance?

I am not. I do use Adblock Plus. But I've tried logging-in with it turned off and still get the same result. Also I've used it a long time and always been able to log-in to PayPal whilst using it.
Signed in just fine using Chrome.
What browser are you using?? Are you using private mode?
Lets say we are all wrong, You said you were using a mobile device, can you login to paypal using the same IP on another device?
Edited by: "uklemons" 13th Nov
No problems here.

Mobile login, Samsung s9, chrome and Samsung internet.

Just curious, do you have more than one email address linked to your account?

Tried logging in with the incorrect credentials and it flags up as being incorrect.

38973525-tH2Os.jpg
Edited by: "psychedelicrenegade" 13th Nov
Thanks everyone for your input. It turns out to be my web browser that's the issue, I use an older version of Samsung Internet Browser (never had a problem with using it until now). I just downloaded the PayPal android app and signed-in with no issue. So my website browser is obviously the problem. Thanks for your comments
uklemons13/11/2019 05:29

What browser are you using?? Are you using private mode?

Samsung Internet (but an older version). No I wasn't using private mode.
psychedelicrenegade13/11/2019 10:37

No problems here.Mobile login, Samsung s9, chrome and Samsung …No problems here.Mobile login, Samsung s9, chrome and Samsung internet.Just curious, do you have more than one email address linked to your account?Tried logging in with the incorrect credentials and it flags up as being incorrect.[Image]

It wasn't flagging up with any message at all. That's what was weird about it. It just reloads the same log-in page without any message at all. Anyhoo, the problem does seem to be my browser version
Edited by: "jco83" 13th Nov
If it's of any use, my Samsung browser version is 10.1.01.3
psychedelicrenegade13/11/2019 13:25

If it's of any use, my Samsung browser version is 10.1.01.3

Yeh I use an older version because I didn't like changes that were made to it. No other problem until now. I'll keep using it, and use the PayPal app. Cheers
jco8313/11/2019 13:45

Yeh I use an older version because I didn't like changes that were made to …Yeh I use an older version because I didn't like changes that were made to it. No other problem until now. I'll keep using it, and use the PayPal app. Cheers

Pretty dodgy to use old browsers for signing into financial sites
chocci13/11/2019 13:56

Pretty dodgy to use old browsers for signing into financial sites

Only since recently according to PayPal I am aware that the default setting is for apps to auto-update, but I do not like this and do not use this setting.
jco8313/11/2019 14:20

Only since recently according to PayPal I am aware that the default …Only since recently according to PayPal I am aware that the default setting is for apps to auto-update, but I do not like this and do not use this setting.

Then you run the risk of missing out on important security patches, especially for browser login hijacks
chocci13/11/2019 15:19

Then you run the risk of missing out on important security patches, …Then you run the risk of missing out on important security patches, especially for browser login hijacks

Forgive me if I don't live in fear
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants