Groups

UNBELIEVABLE: Don't touch Groupola or Team-Sport, they're a joke!!!

I've booked 23 E-tickets on there in a little over a month only to be disappointed that 8 of my tickets have gone to waste and I'm not sure if I should use the other 7 tickets for another venue because of this.

We tried to book go-karting tickets nearly a week before expiry of the one month deal that is supposed to be the biggest indoor go-karting company in the UK, only to be told that have only 1 track, which can hold no more than 10 people at a time, therefore, they have nothing that could accomodate us for that size unless we go early afternoon on a weekday....hardly what you'd expect to hear from "the #1 in indoor go karting" company.

We told them that's not possible because it's for a kids birthday but we're flexible with dates but we can't pull him out of school, as well as his friends and they told us to speak to Groupola because they won't receive payment, so their hands are tied.

Groupola since relisted the deal and said if they can't sort something out with Team-sport directly, they would reissue the tickets, as the deal's active on the site.
    Unfortunately, it took so long to get back to us because they're under staffed, that the offer has now finished and they're not willing to do anything and they're now claiming they didn't say that....even the person that I spoke to in the morning, who believes they could get an extention is saying there's nothing they can do on this occasion.

16 Comments

Original Poster

I also chased them up several times but was getting no response about the issue until I chased it up again this morning and then they got someone involved, only to be told there's nothing they can do.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Was obvious from the iPhone scam aswell.

What happened with the iPhone scam, as I noticed I missed out on that deal while I was on holiday?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Why couldn't you just book direct with nearest track?

That was for the nearest track....apparently there's nothing they could do for us, other than offer it early afternoon and when I explained about getting people out of school and work, they just said "oh well, I'm surprised you don't appreciate our gesture" to extending it by one day for mid afternoon on a weekday.

Did you do it on your credit card? If so do a chargeback.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Site was down the whole time, no-one got one, the number sold kept going … Site was down the whole time, no-one got one, the number sold kept going up and down, then they said they sold 200, people saying they'd got them and it wasn't a scam etc, people googled their names and they worked for Groupola lol.

OMG, are you serious?

Is there proof of this?

Original Poster

Adam2050

Did you do it on your credit card? If so do a chargeback.

I did it with paypal....could I still get my money back?

realfriendlyman

I did it with paypal....could I still get my money back?

Can't see why not if you didn't get what you paid for.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Can't see why not if you didn't get what you paid for.

They sent me the E-ticket.....they're just saying it's not there fault that the ticket expired but I'm saying the tickets didn't state that the "biggest indoor go-karting company" is infact a small track that can hold no more than 10 people, so they can't accomodate anyone, unless you book at unsociable times.

Would paypal still give me the money back?

realfriendlyman

They sent me the E-ticket.....they're just saying it's not there fault … They sent me the E-ticket.....they're just saying it's not there fault that the ticket expired but I'm saying the tickets didn't state that the "biggest indoor go-karting company" is infact a small track that can hold no more than 10 people, so they can't accomodate anyone, unless you book at unsociable times.Would paypal still give me the money back?

I can't say, but I would write out everything that went on as well as any responses in the claim form. Can't hurt to try.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Here:http://www.bitterwallet.com/staff-pose-as-punters-to-praise-the-groupola-debacle/31697

That's a joke!!!

I hope HUKD pull this company off the site....the fact that they're just liars and they don't help out there customers is a disgrace.

We're £80 down now and a kids birthday party has gone to waste, purely because they took so long to reissue a ticket when they said they could but now the deal has expired because they took so long to get back to me, so are refusing to help.

What does everyone else think?

realfriendlyman

I think Paypal have updated their rules so that anything (excluding gift … I think Paypal have updated their rules so that anything (excluding gift payments) can have a significantly not as described dispute opened - this is what I would do if I was you as I would think you would have a case for this.They sent me the E-ticket.....they're just saying it's not there fault that the ticket expired but I'm saying the tickets didn't state that the "biggest indoor go-karting company" is infact a small track that can hold no more than 10 people, so they can't accomodate anyone, unless you book at unsociable times.Would paypal still give me the money back?

Ugh, stupid update! My reply has gone into the middle of the quote and I can't edit, but what I said was:

I think Paypal have updated their rules so that anything (excluding gift payments) can have a significantly not as described dispute opened - this is what I would do if I was you as I would think you would have a case for this.

oh dear,the whole thing is poor..you do have 2 look at these offers very hard before go for them.

Original Poster

Mr cool

oh dear,the whole thing is poor..you do have 2 look at these offers very … oh dear,the whole thing is poor..you do have 2 look at these offers very hard before go for them.

I did look carefully.....but there was no mention of the site holding just 10 people per timeslot, so it was ridiculous.

These offers need to be a lot more specific but I'm so surprised that Groupola are so difficult to get hold of, take ages to get back to you and aren't willing to help in any way.

Original Poster

Has anyone got any other views on this, as I think they're being out of order?

realfriendlyman

Has anyone got any other views on this, as I think they're being out of … Has anyone got any other views on this, as I think they're being out of order?

Have you started a paypal dispute yet? It'll take 10 days or so to be concluded.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions