Groups

Unbelievably surprised!!

OMG I can not believe how good the Orange San Francisco (zte blade) is, Ive picked one up yesterday and boy was I surprised. Its phenominal how good this is, so many features such a small price!
    Ive owned HTC's, Apple Iphones and more Nokias than you could shake a stick at but I can honestly say that for the money this is one of the best phones ive owned,

what are your views on this device? and recommendations of apps tweaks?
    Ive already rooted it and updated to android 2.2.

14 Comments

Don't rub it in

Original Poster

??? dont rub what in?

when i ran my sisters on angry birds it seemed an ok phone but a bit laggy in parts and ive definately used more responsive screens

Welcome to android.

First off update your adfree.

Angry Birds
    AppBrain
    Astro
    Bluetooth File Transfer
    Clockr
    convertpad
    dialer one
    doodle jump
    doubletwist
    dropbox
    ebay
    evernote
    extended controls
    foursquare
    frenzic
    fruitninja
    ibaskey
    last.fm
    life stories
    mega jump
    movies
    picplz
    photoshop express
    ringdroid
    runik
    runkeeper
    shareprice
    sky+
    slice it
    smooth calendar
    soundhound
    springpad
    swype
    tweetdeck
    titanium
    torrent-fu
    wordfeud

aaaaaaaaand

launcher pro
    Locale

there you go!

op u havin a laff?

s/f the worst phone ever- far too slow n buggy

Banned

Phone is cheap and nasty, ok for the price if you don't like spending much on one but I'd place it firmly near the bottom of the current smartphone crop.

sedd33

op u havin a laff?s/f the worst phone ever- far too slow n buggy

Obviously you haven't tried it rooted and with a custom firmware. Speeds it up significantly.

master_chief

Phone is cheap and nasty, ok for the price if you don't like spending … Phone is cheap and nasty, ok for the price if you don't like spending much on one but I'd place it firmly near the bottom of the current smartphone crop.

It's fantastic at the price point. cant compete with the top phones of course.

Just bought my boy his second one (first one broke the screen) , still not sure whether to root it, is it really worth doing?

LoozR

Don't rub it in

scottydont

??? dont rub what in?

This person is having probs with their san fran & your saying how great yours is
    hotukdeals.com/mis…510

master_chief

Phone is cheap and nasty, ok for the price if you don't like spending … Phone is cheap and nasty, ok for the price if you don't like spending much on one but I'd place it firmly near the bottom of the current smartphone crop.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/forshameti4.gif

Original Poster

sedd33

op u havin a laff?s/f the worst phone ever- far too slow n buggy

back up your comment, this phone has a huge following and when its rooted and flashed to 2.2 theres hardly any slowness or buggyness, ive had all manors of phones and they all suffer at some point but cost 50billion more than this

I love my san fran :-)

can I ask, is it easy to update to 2.2?

Banned

I prefer my dell streak for the speed and screen size but I've heard good things about this phone from people that don't want to spend as much on a mobile phone.

Good phone for the price - gives the iPhone a run for its money, especially those that got the OLED one!

But not better than my N900, web browsing on the N900 is a dream, as close to desktop browsing as you can get and it's Linux under the hood so double good (Android is Linux + dalvik so no direct access to OS.)

You need to root and put a custom rom on it to be any good - the RLS9 jellyfish is decent and stable for me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …113252
      2. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October715
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3345657
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31128

See more discussions