Found 2nd Sep 2009
Just seen that Play.com are giving access to the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta, set to start on 15th Sept and run until 12th October, if you pre-order the game from them.

At £39.99, it is not the cheapest pre-order around by any means, and whilst I would not want to advocate taking advance of an offer such as this................

40 Comments

Original Poster

................see you online ;-)

isn't the beta code with any pre-order of the game?

Original Poster

No, I don't believe so. There was an earlier beta code that came with pre-orders of Infamous, but the new beta access I have only seen mention of at Play. Amazon, HMV and the like have their own 'exclusives' on offer, but none are worth the pre-order, apart from this (more details @ ]Eurogamer)

"Uncharted 2: Among Thieves ran a closed Beta with a number of lucky players at the end of E3. Following on from this, it would appear that a more open Beta will be from September 15th to October 12th, in the UK at least. The catch? You have to pre-order a copy of Uncharted 2 at popular online retailer, Play.com.

The website states in the product description that customers who pre-order their copy will receive an exclusive code, which will gain them access to this Beta. Play.com also claim that the new Beta will be “significantly larger” than the post-E3 Beta and will feature “numerous maps”.

^^^ taken from an article at Just Video Games:

]http//ww…tml

......bear in mind that Play will not charge you until the final game is actually shipped either *cough*

hmmm....

pre-order > get the code > cancel the order....

would it work????? gonna get the game anyway so i'll pre-order and give it a try!:thumbsup:

killabyte;6184897

hmmm....pre-order get the code cancel the order....would it work????? … hmmm....pre-order > get the code > cancel the order....would it work????? gonna get the same anyway so i'll pre-order and give it a try!:thumbsup:

thats what i am doing :whistling:

just preorder, wait for beta codes to be released then cancel. It works with play.com
I did it with resistance 2

just ordered...fingers crossed:thumbsup:

Original Poster

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Just got my Beta code from Play! Nice one :thumbsup:

Anyone up for a game tomorrow? ;-)

Haven´t received mine yet.
Should get it soon though if you got yours
Can´t wait to play this

Original Poster

The email came at 2pm - yours should be on the way I am sure

I'm just downloading the beta - file is about 1.2GB, so might take a while

Will give it a go later on today, in case it is up and running early ;-)

My psn is flamingcarrot, feel free to add me if you like

Will do ;-) Mine´s HighwayStarrr

Just pre-ordered, do you think i will get the code today? :thumbsup:

I pre-ordered on Saturday & received an e-mail from Play.com just before 2pm this afternoon (Monday) that contained the "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" Beta Trial code for the online multiplayer mode.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6289287

I pre-ordered on Saturday & received an e-mail from Play.com just before … I pre-ordered on Saturday & received an e-mail from Play.com just before 2pm this afternoon (Monday) that contained the "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" Beta Trial code for the online multiplayer mode.BFN,fp.

Have they released the code today because the beta starts tomorrow?

cufc90;6289680

Have they released the code today because the beta starts tomorrow?

If I understood your question correctly...

Yes; the voucher code for redemption on the PlayStation Network has been released in advance of the Beta Trial starting (tomorrow).

BFN,

fp.

Still don´t have mine.
Do you think they send them out in alphabetical order?
You never know ;-)
What letter do your last names start with?

TanyaSpace;6291547

Still don´t have mine.Do you think they send them out in alphabetical … Still don´t have mine.Do you think they send them out in alphabetical order?You never know ;-)What letter do your last names start with?

Got my code, just checked my email. My surname ends with a H.

What email you using? It came to my yahoo email address.

Came at 12.58pm apparently.

Got a blueyonder addy and my last name starts with R.
Never had a prob with emails not coming through
:-)

TanyaSpace;6291742

Got a blueyonder addy and my last name starts with R.Never had a prob … Got a blueyonder addy and my last name starts with R.Never had a prob with emails not coming through:-)

I know a Tanya, last name starting with an R!

I use hotmail and yahoo personally.

robtallica;6291796

I know a Tanya, last name starting with an R!I use hotmail and yahoo … I know a Tanya, last name starting with an R!I use hotmail and yahoo personally.

hehe really?
Well, officially my first name´s spelled with a J not a Y :thumbsup:

If I don´t have the code by tomorrow I´ll give them a call.
Soooo typical! :?

TanyaSpace;6291823

hehe really?Well, officially my first name´s spelled with a J not a Y … hehe really?Well, officially my first name´s spelled with a J not a Y :thumbsup:If I don´t have the code by tomorrow I´ll give them a call.Soooo typical! :?

haha, that's a bullet dodged for me!

I better go download it, I listen to Planet Rock daily btw:thumbsup:

Good luck.

You listen to planet rock?
Is it a radio station?
I live on planet rock, never listened to it

TanyaSpace;6291903

You listen to planet rock?Is it a radio station? I live on planet rock, … You listen to planet rock?Is it a radio station? I live on planet rock, never listened to it

Oh hardy har. You should then anyway.

Don't forget to cancel the order for the game once you've got the code.

I won´t ;-)
We pre-ordered at shopto.

It's 1272MB in size, showing that it will take over 700 minutes to download at the mo:S

Original Poster

robtallica;6292316

It's 1272MB in size, showing that it will take over 700 minutes to … It's 1272MB in size, showing that it will take over 700 minutes to download at the mo:S

Yikes - Mine was downloaded and installed in 30 mins this afternoon - darn peak time throttling!

I am not going to have time to play tonight, but I had a sneaky look see earlier, and the beta is up and running now - there were 102 people online when I checked it out. Seem to be 4 modes to play - think that three of them are co-op - can't remember exactly............looks great though

repp added wouldnt of known without u

Original Poster

golemsmate;6292500

repp added wouldnt of known without u

Cheers :thumbsup:

Original Poster

The game is awesome - cover system is great once again, and it seems to work in multiplayer to be honest - something I wasn't sure about. Lots of modes, but not enough players at the moment, so it takes an age to get a game sorted. Once in though, it runs smoothly, with a bit of lag now and then, but not a lot. One great feature is the cinema mode, which save the entire footage of your recent games, which you can then play back, watching the action via any player, with three different camera types - follow/orbit/free - it is very impressive. You can freeze the action, roll around and see exactly where that damn sniper was when you were shot!

Seems the Multiplayer should also be available to all as a downloadable demo on the store come Sept 29th

I’m pretty sure just reading reviews of our game won’t be enough to hold y … I’m pretty sure just reading reviews of our game won’t be enough to hold you over until we launch on October 13, so be sure to check out our Multiplayer Demo. If you pre-ordered UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves through GameStop (read Play), then your early access to the demo starts tomorrow and runs up until just prior to the launch of our game. If you haven’t pre-ordered, the Multiplayer Demo opens up to everyone via a PlayStation Network download on September 29.

]http//bl…ne/

not really liking the online experiance of this game...just want to play story mode lol

anyone cancelled thier order yet?

Original Poster

killabyte;6297262

not really liking the online experiance of this game...just want to play … not really liking the online experiance of this game...just want to play story mode lolanyone cancelled thier order yet?

Gonna leave it a few more days, for the sake of appearances, will then cancel.

Banned

i canceled mine was playing the beta last nite its alright

still not recieved my code grr!

Not got mine yet either.
I called play and they gave me an email addy to send an email to about the code.

massmail666;6301103

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]FREE BETA CODES … [SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]FREE BETA CODES HERE[/COLOR][/SIZE]http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/uncharted-2/

rep added too mr!

Got my code yesterday, then cancelled the order as soon as i got it :thumbsup

Original Poster

You can use your beta code to get a free 12 pack of Red Bull also (1000 available - first come first served)

Put your beta code and details in here:

]http//ww…m./

:thumbsup:

Thanks man, repped

Original Poster

Red Bull now all claimed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox 360 Games with Gold33
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed440