Groups

Undated 20p coin

Banned
    Anyone know the rough value of these as i have a couple, or indeed do you know somewhere that's buying them?

17 Comments

i had one and put it on ebay but only sold for £15 i will buy both off you for £30 if you want otherwise just keep them!!!

ebay completed listings would suggest £50+

Yeah, I thought about £50 each. :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;7776411

ebay completed listings would suggest £50+

I looked at the completed listings, might just hold onto em for a while.

P.s. did you see the one that supposedly sold on ebay for £350,000 LMAO,
    ]
    Here's one sold for £30,000

hercules34;7776391

i had one and put it on ebay but only sold for £15 i will buy both off … i had one and put it on ebay but only sold for £15 i will buy both off you for £30 if you want otherwise just keep them!!!

Does the RRP apply here? :?

MANJ_007;7776431

Does the RRP apply here? :?

you cant sell for more than face value yes!

Yes.

And royal mail don't cover cash.
    Dont sell it on ebay.

Jetpac;7776442

Yes.And royal mail don't cover cash.Dont sell it on ebay.

they do if you send rmsd

I was just given one of these by my mum today and have been watching them on ebay - just saw one go for £55.

Bit of a difference in price now to when it all kicked off in the papers lol. I bet some people made a killing on these. My advice would be to hold onto them... they can only go up in value now as time goes on.

Squelds;7776631

Bit of a difference in price now to when it all kicked off in the papers … Bit of a difference in price now to when it all kicked off in the papers lol. I bet some people made a killing on these. My advice would be to hold onto them... they can only go up in value now as time goes on.

Exactly what I am doing :thumbsup:

What a great marketing campaign by the royal mint to spam you.

Do not delay. The first 10,000 places are already allocated - a further 15,000 places have been released but these may not last long. You may wish to register even if you haven’t yet found an undated 20p, just to ensure you can benefit from this offer.

t0mm;7776551

they do if you send rmsd

only to the value of the cash.. which is 20p :P

Mallinersha;7776715

What a great marketing campaign by the royal mint to spam you.Do not … What a great marketing campaign by the royal mint to spam you.Do not delay. The first 10,000 places are already allocated - a further 15,000 places have been released but these may not last long. You may wish to register even if you haven’t yet found an undated 20p, just to ensure you can benefit from this offer.

That's not the Royal Mint though IIRC. The London Mint Office is a "normal" business buying up loads of the 20p pieces in the hope that they're worth more than £50 in the future.

I just hope the Royal Mint do another couple of million of these just to make the people who paid £50 for a 20p look stupid:-D

Serious point though why do coins need a date on them?

I managed to get £176 on ebay when it all kicked off. Not worth that much now..

dcx_badass;7777289

London Mint, NOT the Royal Mint.

London Mint then.. What a novel way to get your details on thier database.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator24
      2. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…55
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345

See more discussions