Groups

Under 18 - Phone Contract

Banned
    THIS IS FOR AN ONLINE CONTRACT, so i could lie about my age surely ?

alright guys, im looking at getting a cheap £15 a month phone contract ,

however my dad wont use his account and obviously im under 18

im nearly 17 and earn £50 every weekend so finances are not a problem, i also have my direct debit so not a problem there

just wondering if i lie about my age , will the credit check just reject me ? and what are the legal implications to lying about my age

thanks

38 Comments

You need 2 forms of ID so you will FAIL.

You won't be on the electoral roll so they won't be able to trace you which will end up being a rejected.

You'll just have to wait.

p.s - implications about telling porky pies about your age are fraud, obtaining goods by deception and plenty more they could hit you with.

Ask you dad to take it out in his name and setup the direct debit with your card. Thats what i did when i was 16

£200 a month and "finances aren't a problem"? Good luck for the future...
    You won't get credit as you're not over 18 - simple as that.

Original Poster Banned

baffledsalmon

£200 a month and "finances aren't a problem"? Good luck for the … £200 a month and "finances aren't a problem"? Good luck for the future...You won't get credit as you're not over 18 - simple as that.

did you even read ? im only 17 and im at college

200 a month is enough for everything a college student has to pay for

cgvince

did you even read ? im only 17 and im at college200 a month is enough for … did you even read ? im only 17 and im at college200 a month is enough for everything a college student has to pay for

Of course I read you spotty little oik, but you appear to be bragging about your "riches". Clearly your Father doesn't think you're responsible enough to repay him the £15 a month... what does that say.

Why are all under 18's desperate to borrow money nowadays. I want a new phone but can't afford it so contract please, I want a new car but not something old so car finance please, I need a credit card. Just live to your means for the time being!!

Why wont your dad use his account op ?.........couldnt you ask him again nicely and set up a dd/so for the amount to go into his account monthly ?

Banned

My 10 and 13 year olds both have their own mobile phone contracts, with 600 minutes, unlimited text and 2GB Internet which I pay for.

Is there a reason your parents won't do this for you?

Banned

If your old man doesn't trust you to stump up £15 a month what makes you think vodafone, O2, or anyone else would?!

Jeez, give OP a break.............some people oO

He can afford it so maybe reasoning with his parents to set up direct debits between their accounts to cover his monthly bill

baffledsalmon

Of course I read you spotty little oik, but you appear to be bragging … Of course I read you spotty little oik, but you appear to be bragging about your "riches". Clearly your Father doesn't think you're responsible enough to repay him the £15 a month... what does that say.

Attitude problem much?? Asks a simple question and the simple mind can only offer insults.

200 a month, 2 months of saving should get you a pretty decent phone.

Does giffgaff need you to be over 18? Presume not as It's sort of payg, maybe an option?

choc1969

Jeez, give OP a break.............some people oOHe can afford it so maybe … Jeez, give OP a break.............some people oOHe can afford it so maybe reasoning with his parents to set up direct debits between their accounts to cover his monthly bill

Then wouldn't it be more sensible for the OP to work on the parents rather than posting on here asking if its ok to commit fraud?

baffledsalmon

£200 a month and "finances aren't a problem"? Good luck for the … £200 a month and "finances aren't a problem"? Good luck for the future...You won't get credit as you're not over 18 - simple as that.

dimebars

If your old man doesn't trust you to stump up £15 a month what makes you … If your old man doesn't trust you to stump up £15 a month what makes you think vodafone, O2, or anyone else would?!

guv

My 10 and 13 year olds both have their own mobile phone contracts, with … My 10 and 13 year olds both have their own mobile phone contracts, with 600 minutes, unlimited text and 2GB Internet which I pay for.Is there a reason your parents won't do this for you?

shopstilldrops

Why wont your dad use his account op ?.........couldnt you ask him again … Why wont your dad use his account op ?.........couldnt you ask him again nicely and set up a dd/so for the amount to go into his account monthly ?

Just saying what everyone else is...

Original Poster Banned

yeah thanks for the feedback, ill ignore the bi polar guy

anyway , i can afford easilly like i said above

but the main thing that my parents dont want me doing is overspending on my contract, if you could lock the contract at a certain limit, they would be fine with it

ill speak to them though

cdm22

Then wouldn't it be more sensible for the OP to work on the parents … Then wouldn't it be more sensible for the OP to work on the parents rather than posting on here asking if its ok to commit fraud?

At least the kid asked ?

baffledsalmon

Just saying what everyone else is...

I didn't see any name calling in their posts???

Syzable

I didn't see any name calling in their posts???

Spotty little oik is name calling now? Hahaha wow, you're easily offended!

I'm not offended at all by that name calling...........just your usual chavtastic postings.

choc1969

At least the kid asked ?

Very true

Banned

cgvince

yeah thanks for the feedback, ill ignore the bi polar guyanyway , i can … yeah thanks for the feedback, ill ignore the bi polar guyanyway , i can afford easilly like i said abovebut the main thing that my parents dont want me doing is overspending on my contract, if you could lock the contract at a certain limit, they would be fine with itill speak to them though

Definitely three allow you to put account overspend locks into the account. Not sure about the others.

Syzable

I'm not offended at all by that name calling...........just your usual … I'm not offended at all by that name calling...........just your usual chavtastic postings.

Chavtastic? Hahahahaha. Oh dear!

Classic Post

Banned

OP,

You seem happy enough with your finances, plenty of payg deals out there that offer you full control. As you're only 16 and not being 'sponsored' by your parents with regards to covering the DD, I suggest this is your only option. When you're old enough, you can then take a long term contract, but you'll do well keeping your options open on the payg range for now.

If all else fails, ask Guv to adopt you - problem solved.

Edited by: "aScottishBloke" 1st Jun 2011

inb4 the lock.

http://freesim.o2.co.uk/simplicity?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-o2+sim+only-_-payg+simplicity+search-_-payg+simp+search+sim+-+bmm_+sim++payg_exact

OP for £15.50 a Pay and Go sim with 300 mins and unlimited texts + your credit.

baffledsalmon

Of course I read you spotty little oik, but you appear to be bragging … Of course I read you spotty little oik, but you appear to be bragging about your "riches". Clearly your Father doesn't think you're responsible enough to repay him the £15 a month... what does that say.

Can't say I'd call that "bragging", more a statment of fact. OP is earning at least £200 and is looking to spend £15pm on a contract. That would suggest that he can indeed afford it, and hence finances are not a problem. No need for the name calling either, the OP was only asking....

OP, as others have said, your best bet is to get your dad to take out a contract and you pay him back each month. You'd be best calling the different providers and asking them if they can stop you going over your account limit.

Failing that, you could buy a payg phone and just top up as and when you need it....

Banned

aScottishBloke

OP,You seem happy enough with your finances, plenty of payg deals out … OP,You seem happy enough with your finances, plenty of payg deals out there that offer you full control. As you're only 16 and not being 'sponsored' by your parents with regards to covering the DD, I suggest this is your only option. When you're old enough, you can then take a long term contract, but you'll do well keeping your options open on the payg range for now.If all else fails, ask Guv to adopt you - problem solved.

Iz you trolling me aSB? Sorry OP I don't do adoption! X)

I'd say the £5pm it costs me each for those contracts are remarkably good value and much better than opting for a PAYG deal

baffledsalmon

Chavtastic? Hahahahaha. Oh dear!

*like*

Banned

lol @ £200 a month. I was on 3 times that when I was 17 and at college. LOLATHON

just get a sim only contract?

vibeone

lol @ £200 a month. I was on 3 times that when I was 17 and at college. … lol @ £200 a month. I was on 3 times that when I was 17 and at college. LOLATHON

Jfk?

vibeone

lol @ £200 a month. I was on 3 times that when I was 17 and at college. … lol @ £200 a month. I was on 3 times that when I was 17 and at college. LOLATHON

Boasting about how much you earned when you were a kid? That's a desperate new low even for yourself isn't it...

I'm on a contract. When they asked for my DOB they must have misheard me as they didn't have a problem with me being a couple of months shy of 18... (_;)

easy get a prepaid mastercard from card one banking u have 2 pay 12.50 by dd and you will get your card u can apply online or by phone make sure ur dob is over 18 or somthink

najaab63

easy get a prepaid mastercard from card one banking u have 2 pay 12.50 … easy get a prepaid mastercard from card one banking u have 2 pay 12.50 by dd and you will get your card u can apply online or by phone make sure ur dob is over 18 or somthink

Why do so many new account holders reactivate an old thread with their first post.

Hiya and welcome to HUKD btw
    Edited by: "WoolyM" 18th Sep 2011

WoolyM

Why do so many new account holders reactivate an old thread with their … Why do so many new account holders reactivate an old thread with their first post.Hiya and welcome to HUKD btw

I presume they Google something related to the op and then post.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
    2. Best VR games?22
    3. What to do?????23
    4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions