Under 300watt graphics card

Found 4th Jan
Hey! Found an old zoostorm pc, giving to my friend. He asked me whats the best, cheapest sub 300watt pci2.0 graphics card. I am out of the loop in pc building! Many thanks for your help!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Is it a graphics card which will work with a 300W power supply, if so we would need to know what else is plugged in. Or is it a graphics card which uses 300W of peak power?
MIDURIX25 m ago

Is it a graphics card which will work with a 300W power supply, if so we …Is it a graphics card which will work with a 300W power supply, if so we would need to know what else is plugged in. Or is it a graphics card which uses 300W of peak power?

Probably safe to assume it has a 300W nasty PSU in it.
The safest options to look at would be 750Ti, 1030, 1050 and 1050Ti. The 1030 would be the lowest power of the 4.
A new PSU would be about £40 to get a higher power threshold. Don’t buy cheap brand.
Original Poster
It is a mini atx mobo. Is it just generic to swap psu? Fm1 cpu. Any point? Thanks
What's wrong with on-board?
Original Poster
gigabyte.com/Mot…-10 thats the mobo. He wants for casual gaming. Cs go, truck sim, sims, etc. Thanks
Original Poster
kester7623 m ago

I think he just wants to spend abit to make it better
kester764 h, 10 m ago

AMD 5000 series GPUs are pretty old these days, especially if it's the 5450 used in the A4s rather than the 5550/5570 used in the A6/A8 models.

With a Phenom II-based CPU (especially if it's one of the dual cores) I'd probably no go for anything faster than the cheapest GT 1030 at ~£55. Normally I'd say go for an RX 550 but AMD cards are in such high demand right now you'll struggle to find one at a comparable price.
Oneday7720 h, 27 m ago

Probably safe to assume it has a 300W nasty PSU in it. The safest options …Probably safe to assume it has a 300W nasty PSU in it. The safest options to look at would be 750Ti, 1030, 1050 and 1050Ti. The 1030 would be the lowest power of the 4. A new PSU would be about £40 to get a higher power threshold. Don’t buy cheap brand.

Don't buy TOO cheap brand. I put a £20 500w PSU in mine, Novatech, decent reviews and it's been great.
ArcAndPie5 h, 13 m ago

Don't buy TOO cheap brand. I put a £20 500w PSU in mine, Novatech, decent …Don't buy TOO cheap brand. I put a £20 500w PSU in mine, Novatech, decent reviews and it's been great.

That’s right don’t buy too cheap A brand. The quoted power output won’t be reliable and the cheap components can take out the rest of the machine.

PS if your going to correct someone’s post, try being right and give decent info. Oh and welcome to mute.
Oneday772 h, 48 m ago

That’s right don’t buy too cheap A brand. The quoted power output won’t be …That’s right don’t buy too cheap A brand. The quoted power output won’t be reliable and the cheap components can take out the rest of the machine. PS if your going to correct someone’s post, try being right and give decent info. Oh and welcome to mute.

Lmao.

All I was saying is, you can get good PSU for under £40, just don't be buying dead cheap nameless Chinese ones from eBay or something.

PS don't mute people just because you're scared of a reply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants