Under the new monthly car tax payment option can I cancel it after a month or do I have to let it run for a minimum six months.

Found 1st Mar 2015
Thanks for any help with this, I have searched online but can't find the answer.
Community Updates
AskCarRunning
9 Comments
would imagine you could cancel as you can reclaim back if you pay up front and want to cancel
Original Poster
quine

would imagine you could cancel as you can reclaim back if you pay up … would imagine you could cancel as you can reclaim back if you pay up front and want to cancel

Good point, I guess the best thing to do is try it. Thanks for your reply.
It'd probably take the DVLA 6 months to realise you have cancelled.
Unless you are getting rid of the car, you will still need to tax it.
So pay for 6 or 12 months in advance, or set up a direct debit

gov.uk/gov…ges
you can cancel at anytime and receive any monies owed via cheque. best thing with dd is if you only need the car for a few weeks you can tax it for just one month (or less) and if keeping the car declare sorn to end the dd. its great for classic cars especially if you think its going to be a month of bad weather.
bubblegum2910

Unless you are getting rid of the car, you will still need to tax it. So … Unless you are getting rid of the car, you will still need to tax it. So pay for 6 or 12 months in advance, or set up a direct debithttps://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

Not if you take the car off road, then you can SORN it, no tax to pay.
Original Poster
caverncity

you can cancel at anytime and receive any monies owed via cheque. best … you can cancel at anytime and receive any monies owed via cheque. best thing with dd is if you only need the car for a few weeks you can tax it for just one month (or less) and if keeping the car declare sorn to end the dd. its great for classic cars especially if you think its going to be a month of bad weather.

It is a classic car that I am taxing so this way would be handy to pick and choose the Months that I want to run the car.
Thanks.
Donkey Kong

It is a classic car that I am taxing so this way would be handy to pick … It is a classic car that I am taxing so this way would be handy to pick and choose the Months that I want to run the car.Thanks.

same here, last year had to buy 6 mths and then get refund, now I just pick a month, just waiting too see how march is on the weather front. prob go for April now :-(
Original Poster
caverncity

same here, last year had to buy 6 mths and then get refund, now I just … same here, last year had to buy 6 mths and then get refund, now I just pick a month, just waiting too see how march is on the weather front. prob go for April now :-(

Its ideal when your running a classic. Decided to tax it through march and then see from there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants