Underage online scammer

news.independent.co.uk/uk/…ece

Anyone else read this today? I wonder if we've banned him from here

Always pays to be ultra-careful when buying online and it's good that the members/mods here are very good at spotting spam deals and digging up the dodgy sites!

18 Comments

Interesting read. Just shows how easy it can be.
His Parents must have known something was going on.

dinosteveus

Interesting read. Just shows how easy it can be.His Parents must have … Interesting read. Just shows how easy it can be.His Parents must have known something was going on.

The court also heard that the boy's mother had died of cancer when he was … The court also heard that the boy's mother had died of cancer when he was 13, and this triggered his crime spree

No mention of his dad tho :?

independent.co.uk

Details of his websites, at least one of which is still operating, cannot … Details of his websites, at least one of which is still operating, cannot be revealed as this would lead to his identification, which is not permitted because of his age.

How stupid is that?

Original Poster

His Parents must have known something was going on.

Yeah I don't get that. He is supposed to be 16 yet he was taking his PA to bars in the City? How does that work?

Iom-RF I bet some digging would yield that site...if the article said people in forums are talking about it it must be online somewhere.

Admin

Yeah I don't get that. He is supposed to be 16 yet he was taking his PA … Yeah I don't get that. He is supposed to be 16 yet he was taking his PA to bars in the City? How does that work?

Sounds like he was getting his PA to buy the drinks!

Admin

Iom-RF I bet some digging would yield that site...if the article said … Iom-RF I bet some digging would yield that site...if the article said people in forums are talking about it it must be online somewhere.

I'll have a look.

I bet if a newspaper posted his name, They'd be done for damages or some such rubbish, Yet i bet he'll get away with a fine/caution.

Still don't see why they can't write the website address though.

I like the title of this thread. Is there an age when it's okay to be a a scammer?

Original Poster

Still don't see why they can't write the website address though.

Probably because unless that exact site was part of the court judgment they can't call it fraudulent? Or maybe all court details are private in underage judgements? Not sure but must be related to one of those legal issues.

Admin

Yeah I don't get that. He is supposed to be 16 yet he was taking his PA … Yeah I don't get that. He is supposed to be 16 yet he was taking his PA to bars in the City? How does that work?

Havent read the article posted, but have read about it a few days ago.

As far as I remember he is rather tall and it was said that this lead to him looking older than he was.

He also had offices in mayfair etc which he got by paying the downpayment with cash he had inherited (I think!) and then didnt pay rent, stayed a few months and then moved on. This made people think he must be the real deal.

People like that make ebay and other sites looks bad, very annoying.

Banned

ade2j

People like that make ebay and other sites looks bad, very annoying.

I think your find Ebay makes Ebay look bad.

JDeal

I think your find Ebay makes Ebay look bad.

:giggle:

Soz im tired so excuse me if i read it wrong :

How the hell can a 26 year old woman get conned by a 13 year old boy , surely she would of noticed he had not started to shave yet or his voice broken lol :roll:

: He employed several people as assistants, recruited through job centres, but failed to pay them. Claire Young, 26, from Mortlake in south-west London, was the boy's personal assistant until the court case and is owed £4,000 in back pay.
"He used to take me to a polo club and expensive bars in the City," she said. "He would take his friends along, saying he would pay for everything. I just thought he was a very generous boss. I feel a fool because he was conning me. He always managed to convince me when I asked for my money."

A-n-d-y

Soz im tired so excuse me if i read it wrong :How the hell can a 26 year … Soz im tired so excuse me if i read it wrong :How the hell can a 26 year old woman get conned by a 13 year old boy , surely she would of notcied he had not started to shave yet or his voice broken lol :roll:

I think the point was he was a very mature 13 year old and didn't look his age.

So a 13 year old can act and look like a mature business man and nobody suspects a thing , even when your owed £4000 in wages :roll: .... seems all a bit far fetched.....wouldn’t be surprised if his parents did know and they were seeing some of the benefit.

lol only a woman can be conneded £4k in wages lol how much was she "on" lol

1k a month ?

4 months of no pay!!! i think id get suspicious after 2 mnths and would probly take the money myself as his PA!

unless she was more than just a PA!!!!

A-n-d-y

So a 13 year old can act and look like a mature business man and nobody … So a 13 year old can act and look like a mature business man and nobody suspects a thing

no a mature business man may think s**t the cops are after me maybe i should stop!

very interesting read, i wouldnt be surprised if this site hadnt banned him as he prob knows about this site.

so thats where jase159 got to with my phones!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213598
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764005
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??11

See more discussions