Underlay-cloud 9

Posted 18th Nov
hi everyone

in the process of buying some carpets. ive just been shown some cloud 9 underlay. anyone know if that is better of the rubber type underlay? i thought thats what cloud 9, the rubber type underlay but clearly not.

not sure how the cloud 9 will hold up compared against the rubber type of underlay.

which type is better from peoples experience.

many thanks everyone for those who respond.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Cloud 9 is one of the best foam underlays for carpet.

you can get cheaper alternatives. But cloud 9 is the rolls royce of underlays.
Caroline_199318/11/2019 18:27

Cloud 9 is one of the best foam underlays for carpet. you can get cheaper …Cloud 9 is one of the best foam underlays for carpet. you can get cheaper alternatives. But cloud 9 is the rolls royce of underlays.

how does that compare against the rubber version of underlay?
EN1GMA18/11/2019 19:16

how does that compare against the rubber version of underlay?

Rubber underlay Is for people on a budget, the plus side of rubber underlay its made from recycled tyres. If your putting down a cheap carpet and not bothered about whats under ut then use rubber. If your buying a decent carpet, then get cloud 9. Cloud 9 or similar foam underlay is easier to fit, its more modern + it stores more heat. Its worth investing in dearer underlay.
I used to buy carpet direct from a manufacturer mill in Yorkshire and they always recommended fitting Cloud 9 rather than waffle underlay. Basically, it lasts longer. I would go for Cloud 9 if possible, but if you don’t think you will be in the house long, it may not be worth it. In our last house, we had some underlay that had been down well over 10 years and was still fine.
I think there are some stats available for both noise and heat insulation if you do a quick Google. Our carpet fitter used cheap underlay in the first room, we then pushed him to use the cloud 9, paying a little more. It was worth the extra and we can feel the difference.
Thanks everyone, cloud 9 it is then.
EN1GMA19/11/2019 08:07

Thanks everyone, cloud 9 it is then.

Don’t buy it from the carpet shop, it’s far cheaper online, delivered.
Oneday7719/11/2019 08:19

Don’t buy it from the carpet shop, it’s far cheaper online, delivered.

anyone you recommend? need 20m2 (room is 5 by 4)

wondering if it comes in a 5m width so not much cutting required for the fitter.

thanks for the responses everyone.
deeky19/11/2019 08:50

No, nooooooooo!!! Read the appalling reviews first...

even i dont get that deeks.
EN1GMA19/11/2019 08:52

even i dont get that deeks.

Oh It was meant to be amusing. It seemed like a good idea at the time
EN1GMA19/11/2019 08:51

anyone you recommend? need 20m2 (room is 5 by 4)wondering if it comes in a …anyone you recommend? need 20m2 (room is 5 by 4)wondering if it comes in a 5m width so not much cutting required for the fitter.thanks for the responses everyone.

I used carpet-underlay-shop.co.uk/col…-m2 a few years ago. Turns out we got Tredaire Dreamwalk Underlay (11mm) back then, they also did half rolls.
It may not work out cheaper for you but worth investigating, other underlay websites exist.
deeky19/11/2019 08:54

Oh It was meant to be amusing. It seemed like a good idea at the time …Oh It was meant to be amusing. It seemed like a good idea at the time

no joking on serious matters like underlay Mr D
EN1GMA19/11/2019 08:56

no joking on serious matters like underlay Mr D

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants