Underlay for laminate?

Posted 26th Jan
Can anyone recommend good underlay for laminate floor . Base floor is suspended wood .

Mind field so wondered if anyone has used some decent stuff
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Use an old blanket lol

Sorry couldn't help myself
bagga21226/01/2020 11:06

Use an old blanket lol Sorry couldn't help myself

Hilarious!
If floor is level just a basic foam underlay is enough. The silver foil ones are only needed for concrete floors.
jamstaruk197226/01/2020 13:38

If floor is level just a basic foam underlay is enough. The silver foil …If floor is level just a basic foam underlay is enough. The silver foil ones are only needed for concrete floors.

I was thinking about the wood fibre board ,floor is mostly even but there is slight difference between extension and original floor
ashmac26/01/2020 13:43

I was thinking about the wood fibre board ,floor is mostly even but there …I was thinking about the wood fibre board ,floor is mostly even but there is slight difference between extension and original floor

That would be fine I'm using that on floor I'm doing now but the ones before were just basic foam..
Deffinetly not foil backed upstairs, you'll block the wi-fi
You need that green one and cheapest was Homebase £17
Thiner the better. I used those felt tiles as thought it would be best but it gives causing joins to split in doorways. Maybe better laminate would hold together? Ours was nothing special.
jamstaruk197226/01/2020 13:38

If floor is level just a basic foam underlay is enough. The silver foil …If floor is level just a basic foam underlay is enough. The silver foil ones are only needed for concrete floors.

I have concrete floors but just normal underlay. I would have thought silver lined ones would help transfer the cold....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants