Expired

uninstalling MeMu

Found 4th Jun 2016
I have installed the Android emulator software on my PC, MeMu, but it freezes my PC when I launch it. So i tried to uninstalling it, but when i go to Control panel add and remove programs, i cannot see the app. If i go to the folder (on my C drive) where it is installed, there is a uninstall exe file there, but when i double click on it nothing happens. I have Googled it but nothing really comes up. Any ideas, thanks
J
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
If all else fails try system restore you can restore to the day before you installed this software. It's very easy and you will not lose any data. Google this if you are not sure how to do this.
You could try Windows Restore, assuming you have it turned on, and go back to before you installed MeMu.
sydney871

If all else fails try system restore you can restore to the day before … If all else fails try system restore you can restore to the day before you installed this software. It's very easy and you will not lose any data. Google this if you are not sure how to do this.

​SNAP.

If all else fails try system restore you can restore to the day before … If all else fails try system restore you can restore to the day before you installed this software. It's very easy and you will not lose any data. Google this if you are not sure how to do this.

Don't have one, my bloody fault. Never turn backup on when i installed Windows 10!!!

Have a look at sections 5 and 7 on this web page … Have a look at sections 5 and 7 on this web page http://www.techradar.com/news/software/10-tips-for-removing-a-program-that-won-t-uninstall-907471/2

Thanks i will try the re-install, i have downloaded ZSoft Uninstaller but it can't find it either. It's like a bloody nightmare, and what worries me is that most of the time Google will return something very specific about an issue but nothing on that one. Thanks
EDIT: No it did not work
Edited by: "jeannot18" 4th Jun 2016
Also tried with IObit, can't find it either oO
J
Is it causing any problems now? As if it's not showing in add remove and you have already run the uninstalled and it appeared to do nothing it could just be a case of its uninstaller is badly wrote and only removes the reg entries and not the files so it would just be a case of deleting the folder. There is software like I think Avast has a version that do have a clean up option to remove old files. But if in doubt you could rename the folder and make sure there is no impact and it that's the case then just delete.

Is it causing any problems now? As if it's not showing in add remove and … Is it causing any problems now? As if it's not showing in add remove and you have already run the uninstalled and it appeared to do nothing it could just be a case of its uninstaller is badly wrote and only removes the reg entries and not the files so it would just be a case of deleting the folder. There is software like I think Avast has a version that do have a clean up option to remove old files. But if in doubt you could rename the folder and make sure there is no impact and it that's the case then just delete.

Thanks Tri 94, someone mentioned to install Everything and search and right click on all the entries, i am just waiting confirmation that deleting will do the job, thanks for the reply
J
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants