Unique O2 Sim Mobile Number, is this worth anything?

Posted 31st OctEdited by:"Wowhats"
Hi, I have the following O2 PAYG Sim telephone number 07___ 099009.

I'm not sure, but is this number worth selling on Ebay? If so, what value should I place it at? It looks to me like a unique number to have with only having two numbers repeated, could be useful as a business number, who knows. Any suggestions on a price.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
All phone numbers are unique
41 Comments
All phone numbers are unique
Well, it won't be now you've shown it on an open forum as every scammer will be bombarding it! Why do you think it's special, may I ask?
Phsycronix31/10/2019 14:18

Well, it won't be now you've shown it on an open forum as every scammer …Well, it won't be now you've shown it on an open forum as every scammer will be bombarding it! Why do you think it's special, may I ask?

The last part of the number, looking on Ebay there seems to be a market for them.
Wowhats31/10/2019 14:21

The last part of the number, looking on Ebay there seems to be a market …The last part of the number, looking on Ebay there seems to be a market for them.

Me grandad has a similar offer and when I was working at carphone you could purchase numbers HOWEVER to me your number isn’t overwhelmingly unique imho
Wowhats31/10/2019 14:21

The last part of the number, looking on Ebay there seems to be a market …The last part of the number, looking on Ebay there seems to be a market for them.

Well, there's a thing eh?

If I were you though, I would edit the first part of that number out of your post. Just from a security point of view.

Regards, Phsy.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 31st Oct
Phsycronix31/10/2019 14:26

Well, there's a thing eh?If I were you though, I would edit the first part …Well, there's a thing eh?If I were you though, I would edit the first part of that number out of your post though. Just from a security point of view.Regards, Phsy.

OK, I have edited the code, but looking on Ebay you would have to list the whole number anyway, by the way this number is not a working number at the moment, so its not linked to a phone.
Wowhats31/10/2019 14:31

OK, I have edited the code, but looking on Ebay you would have to list the …OK, I have edited the code, but looking on Ebay you would have to list the whole number anyway, by the way this number is not a working number at the moment, so its not linked to a phone.

Can you actually get deactivated numbers back?
Wowhats31/10/2019 14:31

OK, I have edited the code, but looking on Ebay you would have to list the …OK, I have edited the code, but looking on Ebay you would have to list the whole number anyway, by the way this number is not a working number at the moment, so its not linked to a phone.

Okey dokey.
Sherbat31/10/2019 14:37

Can you actually get deactivated numbers back?

The number has never been registered/used on a phone. The number is usable and can be registered to a new phone upto June 2020 before it expires out. I've never used it and it's a three part sim still in its original O2 wallet.
Edited by: "Wowhats" 31st Oct
Easy to remember numbers are sort after, it's why people sell them on ebay.
Well, I had to have a look to curb my curiosity. I have to say, I'm left scratching my head! Haha. Gold numbers - platinum numbers? They're just phone numbers. Nothing I saw was particularly special. Many were £5-10 anyway. Some 'fancy' ads were silly money but again the numbers were, well, numbers! I guess people will buy anything...

If you think you can sell it - go for it. I couldn't possibly put a value on your 'special' number. To me, it's just a PAYG number. I don't mean that in a nasty way. I certainly wouldn't 'buy' a number. I don't deny there are those that obviously will though!

It's a funny old world, innit?
Years ago when BT Cellnet was around my mate had a mental number, something like 07977777779 or similar. It was back in the day when sim cards were the size of today's mobiles he had his phone chipped or something, every time he turned it off he got £10 credit!
Does anyone want my number which IS worth something?07,the next five numbers are the same.The next two are consecutive.The last two are the same as the five consecutive numbers ?
Once you list the full number on eBay o2 will block it.
AW007931/10/2019 15:30

Does anyone want my number which IS worth something?07,the next five …Does anyone want my number which IS worth something?07,the next five numbers are the same.The next two are consecutive.The last two are the same as the five consecutive numbers ?

Is it free?
AW007931/10/2019 15:30

Does anyone want my number which IS worth something?07,the next five …Does anyone want my number which IS worth something?07,the next five numbers are the same.The next two are consecutive.The last two are the same as the five consecutive numbers ?

07777778977?
I thought the best numbers were supposed to be easy to remember? That looks like a head twister number to me
Edited by: "deeky" 31st Oct
Husla31/10/2019 15:11

Easy to remember numbers are sort after, it's why people sell them on ebay.

And this isn't one of them.
deeky31/10/2019 16:30

And this isn't one of them.

Why isn't it. It's basically 0s and 9s.
Husla31/10/2019 17:21

Why isn't it. It's basically 0s and 9s.

So 'peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers' is easy to say? Just having a combination of the same couple of numbers doesn't make it easy to remember.

000999 or 999000 would be easy to remember but the way they are mixed makes it look like one of those where it's easy to get mixed up.
Edited by: "deeky" 31st Oct
deeky31/10/2019 17:45

So 'peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers' is easy to say? Just …So 'peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers' is easy to say? Just having a combination of the same couple of numbers doesn't make it easy to remember.000999 or 999000 would be easy to remember but the way they are mixed makes it look like one of those where it's easy to get mixed up.

Not sure why you're comparing simple numbers to a tongue riddle. And that number is very easy to remember. I'm sorry, it's causing you pain.
Husla31/10/2019 18:59

Not sure why you're comparing simple numbers to a tongue riddle. And that …Not sure why you're comparing simple numbers to a tongue riddle. And that number is very easy to remember. I'm sorry, it's causing you pain.

It's not causing me any pain at all thank you. I haven't got the foggiest idea why you think it might be. It's not my number nor do I need to remember it.
Toon_army31/10/2019 15:28

Years ago when BT Cellnet was around my mate had a mental number, …Years ago when BT Cellnet was around my mate had a mental number, something like 07977777779 or similar. It was back in the day when sim cards were the size of today's mobiles he had his phone chipped or something, every time he turned it off he got £10 credit!

They were days
Husla31/10/2019 18:59

Not sure why you're comparing simple numbers to a tongue riddle. And that …Not sure why you're comparing simple numbers to a tongue riddle. And that number is very easy to remember. I'm sorry, it's causing you pain.

I very much doubt @deeky is in pain in regards to this.

Also, this thread is entirely pointless. You have an item to sell. You have access to (and presumably want to sell on) eBay. All the competitors prices are on there and it's free to list, just list it and see instead of asking unnecessary questions Especially given that you already have paid for the number, there is no reason not to list.
jamie1531/10/2019 21:04

I very much doubt @deeky is in pain in regards to this.Also, this thread …I very much doubt @deeky is in pain in regards to this.Also, this thread is entirely pointless. You have an item to sell. You have access to (and presumably want to sell on) eBay. All the competitors prices are on there and it's free to list, just list it and see instead of asking unnecessary questions Especially given that you already have paid for the number, there is no reason not to list.

Thank you for confirming something after he's already said it.
Husla31/10/2019 21:22

Thank you for confirming something after he's already said it.

Lighten up mate
deeky31/10/2019 21:31

Lighten up mate

Wasn't needed to be said. Trying to leave this discussion.
jamie1531/10/2019 21:04

I very much doubt @deeky is in pain in regards to this.Also, this thread …I very much doubt @deeky is in pain in regards to this.Also, this thread is entirely pointless. You have an item to sell. You have access to (and presumably want to sell on) eBay. All the competitors prices are on there and it's free to list, just list it and see instead of asking unnecessary questions Especially given that you already have paid for the number, there is no reason not to list.

Sorry for breathing, I thought this was an open discussion forum. The reason I posted it was for friendly members to give a genuine opinion not a childish rant... It takes all sorts to make a world! :/
Edited by: "Wowhats" 31st Oct
Husla31/10/2019 21:35

Wasn't needed to be said. Trying to leave this discussion.

Go on then.
I've just seen this

I was just coming in to say that, that number would confuse me so much, it's already been said though, so I'll leave
maccy1i31/10/2019 21:49

I've just seen this I was just coming in to say that, that number …I've just seen this I was just coming in to say that, that number would confuse me so much, it's already been said though, so I'll leave

No, stay. Husla is just leaving so there's a space
deeky31/10/2019 21:50

No, stay. Husla is just leaving so there's a space

haha, just getting one word wrong, completely turns things round, that was very quick deekles
Wowhats31/10/2019 21:37

Sorry for breathing, I thought this was an open discussion forum. The …Sorry for breathing, I thought this was an open discussion forum. The reason I posted it was for friendly members to give a genuine opinion not a childish rant... It takes all sorts to make a world! :/

I gave a genuine opinion, that this discussion was rather unneeded because there is not much of a question to ask. You can easily see the approximate value on eBay and you did so according to previous comments, so asking if it is worth anything on here is pointless.
Edited by: "jamie15" 31st Oct
maccy1i31/10/2019 21:49

I've just seen this I was just coming in to say that, that number …I've just seen this I was just coming in to say that, that number would confuse me so much, it's already been said though, so I'll leave

Same. I would love a cool number like 07876543210 or 07777777777 etc. but I'd probably get a load of spam from people entering those in random forms instead of wanting to give their real number away!
Edited by: "jamie15" 31st Oct
jamie1531/10/2019 22:10

Same. I would love a cool number like 07876543210 or 07777777777 … Same. I would love a cool number like 07876543210 or 07777777777 etc. but I'd probably get a load of spam from people entering those in random forms instead of wanting to give their real number away!

Yep, the 07777777777 being the number I always use
maccy1i31/10/2019 22:13

Yep, the 07777777777 being the number I always use

I use 07700000000 because I don't even think that's a real number. I feel sorry for the owner of these numbers, bragging rights are not worth the 100s of calls from HMRC/virus/refund/insurance/accident scams
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants