Groups

Unique wedding venues

been looking for ages, does anyone have a unique wedding venue, pretty bored of seeing all the same usual hotels, manions, halls, come up time and time again, looking for something a bit more unique thats a bit harder to find.

upto 70 people seated dinner in London or Surrey

Traditional, modern or classic anything you have feel free to let me know the URL be interested to see if others have some good places bookmarked.

thanks

39 Comments

on a boat?

magicbeans

on a boat?

was going to post on the Thames as well.

Mod & Ed

Elope then have a party when you get home, we did, we got married on the shores of Lake Tahoe

In a slaughter house?

OP contradicts itself a bit

Steam train?

Original Poster

thanks for the suggestions, we need something in and around London as we have family coming over from Australia. The boat idea is OK, but it doesn't compare to Sydney harbour and the buildings in Australia don't compare to here, so we're looking for a building really..I've been on all the usual sites:

uniquewedingvenues
    forbetterorworse
    findawedding
    weddingvenues etc etc

I'm just trying to see if anyone has something not usually listed? if not no problems, just thought I would ask

We got married in a castle in north Essex.

skydiving

check the link I posted, some unusual ones in there. e.g London Dungeon!

genhotuk

thanks for the suggestions, we need something in and around London as we … thanks for the suggestions, we need something in and around London as we have family coming over from Australia. The boat idea is OK, but it doesn't compare to Sydney harbour and the buildings in Australia don't compare to here, so we're looking for a building really..I've been on all the usual sites:uniquewedingvenuesforbetterorworse findaweddingweddingvenues etc etcI'm just trying to see if anyone has something not usually listed? if not no problems, just thought I would ask

sorry just seen you have it listed as already checked!

I watched a tv show were a couple got married on HMS Belfast on the Thames. Looked to be a great do but I guess it's what you make it really Best of luck.

Banned

in a zoo

usniff

in a zoo

Lol I was just thinking that A zoo in this region does weddings and I asked for the info pack

usniff

in a zoo

lol, good one!

Banned

me and the ex went to look round Chester zoo as a venue, was really nice, they did a package where you had a night tour round the zoo for your party with a outdoor bbq included, the bride and groom got to spend extra time with a animal of their choice as well, as in maybe feeding it or eating a special meal by the enclosure, was cool

usniff

in a zoo

our oldest son got married in philadelphia zoo-its a great venue and loads of the wedding pics have animals in the background-wonder if london zoo will cater for a wedding?

Banned

barky

our oldest son got married in philadelphia zoo-its a great venue and … our oldest son got married in philadelphia zoo-its a great venue and loads of the wedding pics have animals in the background-wonder if london zoo will cater for a wedding?

Should do mate

usniff

me and the ex went to look round Chester zoo as a venue, was really nice, … me and the ex went to look round Chester zoo as a venue, was really nice, they did a package where you had a night tour round the zoo for your party with a outdoor bbq included, the bride and groom got to spend extra time with a animal of their choice as well, as in maybe feeding it or eating a special meal by the enclosure, was cool

sounds pretty cool

barky

our oldest son got married in philadelphia zoo-its a great venue and … our oldest son got married in philadelphia zoo-its a great venue and loads of the wedding pics have animals in the background-wonder if london zoo will cater for a wedding?

anything to get a bit of cash!!! Photo's would have been AMAZING!!!!
    Edited by: "ham82" 11th Jan 2011

Banned

ham82

anything to get a bit of cash!!! Photo's would have been AMAZING!!!!

Yeh, that was the idea when we was looking, looked brill tbh, i would of chosen the giraffes btw

Banned

The greek orthodox church from skopelos is quite nice, the steps up are a bit scary but that'll keep the old **** away.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5346025357_7d076d299f_z.jpg

That's the one from mamma mia.

Uh, I mean someone told me

usniff

Yeh, that was the idea when we was looking, looked brill tbh, i would of … Yeh, that was the idea when we was looking, looked brill tbh, i would of chosen the giraffes btw

haha, bless.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_efcyYI2SSkA/THrNagWIgVI/AAAAAAAADdo/EwD30eZC500/s1600/giraffe_head.jpg

There you go mate!

I know its outside of your area but what about on HMS Warrior...
    hmswarrior.org/wed…ngs I did got to a wedding there and it certainly is different

mosskeeto

I know its outside of your area but what about on HMS … I know its outside of your area but what about on HMS Warrior...http://www.hmswarrior.org/weddings I did got to a wedding there and it certainly is different

looks cool!

Banned

ham82

haha, bless.There you go mate!

LOL - Cheers mate, just gone weak at the knees lol

Banned

ham82

That's the one from mamma mia.

It's okay I loved it too, it's why we went

usniff

LOL - Cheers mate, just gone weak at the knees lol

I aim to please

lumoruk

It's okay I loved it too, it's why we went

just a holiday or did you get hitched there?

Banned

ham82

just a holiday or did you get hitched there?

I was meant to propose there, but couldn't wait any longer and proposed in bed at home

Edited by: "lumoruk" 11th Jan 2011

lumoruk

I was meant to propose there, but couldn't wait any longer and proposed … I was meant to propose there, but couldn't wait any longer and proposed in bed at home

cool, nice place to visit I guess.

cannyscot

Been at a wedding inHedinham Castle Essex

That is where I got married.

Banned

ham82

cool, nice place to visit I guess.

We loved it, apart from the last couple of days we got this
    Video

wrote and complained and got nothing was our most expensive holiday ever. Was at the end of the season but still no excuse. We just stayed down by the many beaches, swimming at 9 in the morning was most refreshing

Edited by: "lumoruk" 11th Jan 2011

chester123

That is where I got married.

Looks pretty fancy!

lumoruk

We loved it, apart from the last couple of days we got thisVideowrote and … We loved it, apart from the last couple of days we got thisVideowrote and complained and got nothing was our most expensive holiday ever. Was at the end of the season but still no excuse. We just stayed down by the many beaches, swimming at 9 in the morning was most refreshing

what a nightmare, at least as you said you had the beaches!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Question for electrician on bathroom fan44
      2. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1722
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?613
      4. Beds55

See more discussions