Universal Credit

Posted 26th Mar
In the midst of filling the UC form online, it's asking for 'Service charge' details, however I'm not a homeowner, would I enter the council tax details instead or just put down '0'?

Excuse my ignorance.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Put 0, service charges are for extras.... I know some housing associations charge for various things, it will be in your tenancy agreement if you have them, and you will probably already be aware of them.. so chances are you dont have them.

Please shout if you need help, a few people on here have benefit experience and am sure they will help you.
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 26th Mar
Hi I'm on UC and not a home owner but a council tenant, they charge a service chat for cleaning, lighting, cameras and water. Works out about £18 per month. I have to pay pay the water my self but everything else UC pays. If you're renting from private landlord I'm not sure if they charge for service and if UC will pay it. As for county tax I have apply via council for help. You can ask them a question see if they know. Beware UC will or might ask you to complete questions that may not completed correctly by a certain time always check your UC account as you may not paid what is owed to you. It's a bit of mine Field. As I only personally!!!. Hope this helps
cideristhefuture26/03/2020 19:13

Put 0, service charges are for extras.... I know some housing …Put 0, service charges are for extras.... I know some housing associations charge for various things, it will be in your tenancy agreement if you have them, and you will probably already be aware of them.. so chances are you dont have them.Please shout if you need help, a few people on here have benefit experience and am sure they will help you.

Thanks I appreciate your help.

It's asking for names on the tenancy which I am not listed on, however I contribute towards the rent as a related family member.
Should I select Yes to 'Is there anyone else on the tenancy agreement?' and continue on?

Thanks
Go on MSE site, they will have a section for new claims, they have people who can help with new claims in their forum.

List the names of who is on it, most online claims have a section at the end for you to explain any other information not asked or able to explain from the questions asked.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants