UNIVERSAL CREDIT COVID19

Posted 26th Mar
Can anyone share experiences of making applications online, was 103000 in the queue gave up.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
You must be able to whistle the whole of Vivaldi's four seasons by now.

Good luck
I read last night that because of the high volume of people now having to make uc claims it is taking up to an hour online to make a new claim and only way to do it so you would be best to try hang in and wait it out if you need the claim up and running.
Just a general point if you're self-employed I'd suggest you might want to hang back from registering for UC until the Government announces plans to support the self-employed as UC may preclude such.

Update: hotukdeals.com/dis…530
Edited by: "IamMT" 26th Mar
103k in the Q? wtf
was 103000 in the queue gave up.

No stamina
You can set it that they email you when it's your turn, just put your notifications on and you won't miss it.
Lady on the news said her position came up at 01.30am, Apply now or loose your place in the queue
Is that to claim sickness pay?
Misslovely26/03/2020 17:07

Is that to claim sickness pay?

as far as i am aware you claim SSP from your employer. universal credit is benefits for people without employment or low income.
I was in no. 71k in the queue for digidocs verify docs. It does save your place in queue and i received an email it was my turn and had 45mins to complete identity verification. Provided passport , driving license details. It then asked some credit history q's. Then asked for a front selfie and a side selfie! Just waiting for that to be complete. Goodness me.
I applied on the 17th, no wait, no queues but for some reason, instead of an initial first interview, I had one booked for "right to reside" as I'd been out of the country for over 3 months in the last 12 years. Makes loads of sense when I verified my identity with my UK passport!

I asked if they could make that a telephone one and they rescheduled it for today. The lady on the phone admitted to being very confused as to why this came through! 5 mins and it was done and now my appointment is booked for 21st April (booked in the jobcentre!🤷🏼), which is after I'm supposed to find out if I'm eligible and a few days before the first payment date (if I get anything!).

She said they've got 10 times the volume of applications and half the staff!

I've had updates via my universal credit account.

So, bearing in mind, I applied back before the lock down when most places were still up and running, I think it's going to be a nightmare for those of you just signing up
I applied last week using the Post Office to verify and got a response saying that I had failed verification.
Have been an the same address for the last 30 years, same name, DOB, and I've used them before.

Did get an email a day or two later from the UC people saying to go into my account by today and verify my details, yet there's nowhere to do so.
Now says to book an appointment by today or it will delay my first payment, but every time I've rung up, after a load of spiel, it cuts me off without warning.
Edited by: "xenole" 26th Mar
Exact same scenario. Fails....lived same place since 92. Ridiculous. God knows what to do
I did try calling and after 3 hrs on speaker phone it cut me off. Might give it a few days or try during the night.
Edited by: "thevman2k3" 27th Mar
I only get about 2 minutes into things, and once I press 1 twice for the option I require, I get cut off straightaway.

Tried ringing yesterday evening, and got a recorded message saying they're only open from 10-6pm.

At least I should get paid next week, and as I can't go anywhere to spend anything, should be ok for a bit. At home now rather than away for work, so minimal outgoings.
Work is signing up to the 80% pay scheme, so hopefully I'll be fine whilst I'm off.
xenole27/03/2020 18:37

I only get about 2 minutes into things, and once I press 1 twice for the …I only get about 2 minutes into things, and once I press 1 twice for the option I require, I get cut off straightaway.Tried ringing yesterday evening, and got a recorded message saying they're only open from 10-6pm.At least I should get paid next week, and as I can't go anywhere to spend anything, should be ok for a bit. At home now rather than away for work, so minimal outgoings.Work is signing up to the 80% pay scheme, so hopefully I'll be fine whilst I'm off.

My sister left a message in the online messaging service that she couldn't get through and they replied by booking her a phone appointment for her.
What online messaging service?
Made an application for husband and afterwards it directed us to digidentity to verify identity where there was a mega queue. Once we got through it wasn't even clear what we needed to do. Does anyone know?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants