Universal Credit - unfit for work

Posted 8th Mar
Hey, I wasn’t sure where to ask this.
But I’m a little confused if someone is declared unfit to work due to health reasons
How much more on top of their standard universal credit payment would they receive?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I got a whopper of an extra tenner per month
It's approx £340 a month, if after going through the health assessment you are deemed to be unfit to apply for work. Also you have to wait 3 months after you make the application before the extra is paid.
Edited by: "donster" 8th Mar
donster08/03/2020 15:38

It's approx £340 a month, if after going through the health assessment you …It's approx £340 a month, if after going through the health assessment you are deemed to be unfit to apply for work. Also you have to wait 3 months after you make the application before the extra is paid.

Even after you go for your assessment there is 2 different parts for the “Unfit for work” only one give you the extra money
ndyanem08/03/2020 15:37

I got a whopper of an extra tenner per month

Oh I’m ecstatic!
Now I’m questioning whether the anxiety and stress is worth while
Aidang9408/03/2020 16:52

Oh I’m ecstatic!Now I’m questioning whether the anxiety and stress is wor …Oh I’m ecstatic!Now I’m questioning whether the anxiety and stress is worth while

It definitely wasn’t for me and took nearly 5 months to get an answer! Even thou they declared me unfit I still decided to go and get an apprenticeship
Dont take this the wrong way OP, but what is declared unfit for work And what the dwp say is unfit for work are 2 different things. you will more than likely get invited to an assessment and get scored 0 then have to appeal.

dwp may declare you fit to work in an office doing telesales.
It amazing how many people are unfit for work, but when they have no money they get a jobs...
Bargainhead08/03/2020 19:22

It amazing how many people are unfit for work, but when they have no money …It amazing how many people are unfit for work, but when they have no money they get a jobs...

Sometimes people have exceptional circumstances that are not obvious from human eyes
Bargainhead08/03/2020 19:22

It amazing how many people are unfit for work, but when they have no money …It amazing how many people are unfit for work, but when they have no money they get a jobs...

People found medically unfit for work by doctors and experts are in most cases found fit for work by people who earn money knocking back as many claimants as they can, often twisting given answers and or outright lying to get the desired result. In most cases the people doing the assessments on behalf of the DWP are barely qualified to run a keep-fit group.

Nothing really amazing about someone being forced to work when they’re ill in order to survive after being let down by a system they’ve probably paid into all their working life. Something must be wrong if people are literally dropping down dead a day or so after being found fit as a fiddle by Atos.

But hey ho, i'm alright jack
ndyanem08/03/2020 19:39

Sometimes people have exceptional circumstances that are not obvious from …Sometimes people have exceptional circumstances that are not obvious from human eyes

freakstyler08/03/2020 21:26

People found medically unfit for work by doctors and experts are in most …People found medically unfit for work by doctors and experts are in most cases found fit for work by people who earn money knocking back as many claimants as they can, often twisting given answers and or outright lying to get the desired result. In most cases the people doing the assessments on behalf of the DWP are barely qualified to run a keep-fit group.Nothing really amazing about someone being forced to work when they’re ill in order to survive after being let down by a system they’ve probably paid into all their working life. Something must be wrong if people are literally dropping down dead a day or so after being found fit as a fiddle by Atos.But hey ho, i'm alright jack

I understand that and there will be people out there who should be getting help. But there a lot who milk it as well... like the waste of space who started work at the company I work for, his mother got him a job because they stopped his benefits, he’s 31 and this is his first job...he Would still be sponging if he hadn’t got a kick up the arse....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants